Relationship between Princesses Máxima and Laurentien

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karolinabraganza

Nobility
In relation to the discussion that took place on the Glittering Royal Events Message Board, I would like to start a thread comparing Maxima and Laurentien, mainly through their role within the RF and Holland. Of course more exterior comparisons are wellcome as well. Just not nasty, please.
Could the dutch members here describe their oppinion on the two princesses? Thank you

I start with these recent appearances.

Attachments

• 1919662.jpg
    1919662.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 642
  • 51332158.jpg
    51332158.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 487
  • 51332160.jpg
    51332160.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 556
  • 51332165.jpg
    51332165.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 563
What do they stand for within the Netherlands? How are they perceived?
That they get on well I do not doubt:)

laurentien since she entered the limelight

Attachments

• 1136402.jpg
    1136402.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 1136408.jpg
    1136408.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 778
  • 1137371.jpg
    1137371.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 533
  • 1137635.jpg
    1137635.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 1137637.jpg
    1137637.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 1137641.jpg
    1137641.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 478
  • 1137642.jpg
    1137642.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 980
  • 1137660.jpg
    1137660.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 8,259
  • 1137685.jpg
    1137685.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 743
  • 1137687.jpg
    1137687.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 530
It was also my feeling that they come along very well:)

ap3 said:
I think they get on very well. They vacation together, and seem to stand near each other and talk with each other at public functions.

I'm curious how they get on with the more recent addition Mabel?
when you have descided to get along with someone and in this case it benefits something bigger than the 2 of them it is definitely possible.

so we will probably never know if they really, really find each other ok and
that is how it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 1st,2004

DSC_4137Maxima-Laurentien.jpg

This thread has now been cleaned up.

Any more comparisons of Laurentien and Maxima's style?

I keep on wondering why their wedding-dresses were sooooo similar... still Maxima's looked better.

Spider in the web

Princess Laurentien counts as the spider in the web of the family. It is Princess Laurentien which invests most in close and strong ties between the three brothers, the three sisters-in-law, their children and (of course) the Queen.

Princess Laurentien, with her own unique style laurentinoise has not only conquered the hearts of the Queen's family but has also become popular in the Netherlands.

In fact Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn (the spitting image of Prince Claus on that age) can smoothly take over from Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, when their eldest brother becomes King.

:flowers:

I guess princess Laurentien and princess Maxima have a nice friendship, and if they don't, they look like

i think maxima and laurentien have a very close relationship. the fact that laurentien chose maxima as godmother to leonore and that maxima chose laurentien as godmother to alexia (and named her with laurentien's name) says a lot about their friendship. they seem really compatible personalities to me.

Laurentien was not one of Alexia' s godparents, but I agree with your overall conclusion about the relationship of the two :)

I know that this tread is about M&L but what about they relatinships with Mabel?

magnik said:
I know that this tread is about M&L but what about they relatinships with Mabel?

The relationship of the three brothers and their spouses is very close. But we have to understand that Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are no members of the Royal House and live in London (Kensington?). They are simply less visible and out of focus. But when you see the whole 'bunch' together, you easily see the strong bond.

It is also remarkable that all three Princes have chosen formidably educated and strong careerwomen as their bride. Maybe they unintendently looked for a lady à la Beatrix?

:flowers:

By the way, Prince Friso (with an academical degree in Aeronautical Engineering & Space Technology, an academical degree in Corporate Economics, a post-academic MBA and a former fellow of McKinsey Amsterdam and Vice-President Investment Banking at Goldman Sachs & Co London) seems to be the Queen's family's private banker.

The investments and savings of the Queen's family (his mother and his two brothers) seems to happen under his supervision. Once there seems to have been a cold inside the royal family when one of the investment portfolios advised by Prince Friso was a total failure. But of course this is only hear-say in the media. The fact alone that the Prince 'does' the personal fortunes of his mother and his brothers tells something about the confidence, trust and loyalty the family has in him.

The Queen seems to be fond of Princess Mabel. But in fact Her Majesty is proud on all her 'gifted and talented' (her own words) daughters in law.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
It is also remarkable that all three Princes have chosen formidably educated and strong careerwomen as their bride. Maybe they unintendently looked for a lady à la Beatrix?

In my humble opinion, there is nothing unintended in their choices... let's face it, they would never just pull out a girl out of the bunch and marry her...

Interesting info on Friso!

Prince Friso is now 'free at last'

Verde Esmeralda said:
In my humble opinion, there is nothing unintended in their choices... let's face it, they would never just pull out a girl out of the bunch and marry her...

Interesting info on Friso!

Since the Prince married Ms Mabel Martine Wisse Smit without an Act of Consent, he and his children are no successors and also no longer under ministerial responsibility.

His chances on the throne already were only theoretical and because he is 'free' he can engage in adventures.
Prince Friso is, besides being director of TNO Space Technologies, also a member of the Board of Telenet (Europe's largest glassfibre network for internet and communication) and of Wizz Air (a low cost carrier) and he is a co-founder and one of the owners of the MRI Centers.

All are commercial activities which is not so easily to match with being the number two in the line of succession, he has been for decades. Now he can deploy commercial activities without any problem concerning the kingship or the monarchy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom