Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's Visit to The Netherlands: February 5, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
HI everyone,

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip will visit the Netherlands on 5 February 2007. I will post the Dutch here and then translate below.
Hare Majesteit Koningin Elizabeth II van het Verenigd Koninkrijk van Groot-Brittannië en Noord-Ierland en Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Hertog van Edinburgh brengen maandag 5 februari een bezoek aan Nederland.
Aanleiding voor het bezoek is de viering van het 400-jarig jubileum van de Engelse Hervormde Kerk aan het Begijnhof te Amsterdam. Hare Majesteit Koningin Beatrix ontvangt het Koninklijk Paar op Rotterdam Airport en vergezelt hen beiden bij de kerkelijke viering in Amsterdam. Koningin Elizabeth II bezoekt tevens het Internationaal Gerechtshof in Den Haag. Het programma wordt afgesloten in het Amsterdams Historisch Museum in Amsterdam.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom of Gret Britian and Noth Ireland and His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh will visit the Netherlands on Monday 5 February. The occasion of the visit is the celebration of the 400 year jubilee of the English Reformed Church in the Begijnhof in Amsterdam. Her Majesty Queen Beatrix will receive the Royal couple at Rotterdam Airport and accompany them at the church celebration in Amsterdam. Queen Elizabeth II will also visit the International Court of Justice in The Hague. The program will end in the Amsterdam historic Museum.

Enjoy Everyone!

Empress said:
HI everyone, Not sure if this has already been posted, but Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip will visit the Netherlands on 5 February 2007. I will post the Dutch here and then translate below.
Buckingham Palace Press Release > Announcement of The Queen's Official Visit To The Netherlands > http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5722.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Awesome but too bad that it isn't an Official State Visit.

Has either the BRF or the DRF made a state visit in Beatrix or Juliana's reigns? I know Queen...Juliana (Or was it Wilhelmina?) went to England during WW2, but that wasn't really a state visit.

Juliana and Beatrix both paid a statevisit to Queen Elizabeth II, Elizabeth only to Juliana. She did visit the Netherlands in 1988 though, but that was for the William & Mary celebrations.

Amazing news. Also, it's interesting to note that Elizabeth will be going as representative of the Church of England, of which she is the head. I didn't even realize that that church at the Begijnehof square (a quaint little square in the middle of old historic Amsterdam where I believe to this day, only females are allowed to live), which I've visited, was Anglican!

The Begijnhof used to only be able to be lived in by single, widowe, or unmarried women. I think that it is still the same today. It is also an extremely beautiful and quiet square smack in the middle of busting Amsterdam.

I think this would be a really nice visit for QEII and Prince Phillip and the DRF.:flowers:

I wonder if there will be pictures of them visiting together? Have there been any pictures before?

Why has QE not been able to visit to the other Queens of Kings in europe? Is it protocol or something?:)

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I think this would be a really nice visit for QEII and Prince Phillip and the DRF.:flowers:

I wonder if there will be pictures of them visiting together? Have there been any pictures before?

Why has QE not been able to visit to the other Queens of Kings in europe? Is it protocol or something?:)

I don´t tink QE like to travel away from GB.
I understand with her age,BUT with her mobility i do think that she coud make som statevisit or at lest let her son Prince Charles and his wife Camilla have them.

Queen Elizabeth has made state visits to the kingdoms of Spain, Norway, The Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium she continues to travel the world for example in 2006 she was in Australia and Malta.

Queen Beatrix has previously paid a state visit to England can't remember when but Diana was still married to charles so I'm guessing it was the early 80's

Huddo said:
Queen Elizabeth has made state visits to the kingdoms of Spain, Norway, The Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium she continues to travel the world for example in 2006 she was in Australia and Malta.

Queen Beatrix has previously paid a state visit to England can't remember when but Diana was still married to charles so I'm guessing it was the early 80's

yes late Diana,Princess of Wales also among attend when Netherlands come to England for state visit when she got married to Prince Charles in 1981 and she attend in 1982 after she got married

Does anyone have an exact sheduele of this visit? I ould like to know at what time Their Majesties will arrive at the Aglican Church, I might skip classes to have a look ;)

It appears that there has not been an "official" timetable relesed yet. For that matter, I can't find an unofficial one either. May I suggest caping out?:p

I'm excited for this visit. To see the two queens together will be nice. Let my own personal countdown begin, only 3 days away!

BeatrixFan said:
There is one on Welcome to the official web site of the British Monarchy Marengo - first page, big Dutch flag.

I just checked out this link and learned that the Queen will be making a state visit to the US. That's great to hear. :) Thanks for the link Beatrixfan!Hopefully, it will make some big news. Who knows though? Although Charles and Camilla's visit did make some news last weekend. I will say America's media seems to keep their eyes peeled for British royalty whereas I think other royals from other countries don't seem to make as much news when there here. :sad:

In a previous post someone said something about the Queen's mobility. Just curious but does the Queen really have some mobility issues? When I've seen video of her I've never noticed anything. I've always thought she gets around very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
They both look happy to see the other. :)

I love how they look so happy to see each other. They look like true friends. It seem s a look of pure happiness to see each other, and that is so rare nowadays, that is is great to see it on these two wonderful women.

It must be hard in their position, where it is truly hard to make friends, and perhaps even harder to make friends who understand your job and position in life.

Id loved to see Maxima at the airport. Are we going to see her throughout the visit?
Btw, this is such a nice picture of the two queens - picture

Another gallery from PPE::)
05-02-2007
Peace Palace : Queen Elizabeth at the Peace Palace in The Hague.
PPE Agency

both queens look so good together! they will have a gala this night?

"Private visit with public elements"

corazon said:
both queens look so good together! they will have a gala this night?

The Royal Netherlands Court described it as "a private visit with public elements". I believe Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh had lunch together with Queen Beatrix and her family at Huis ten Bosch (Queen Beatrix' private residence in The Hague). The Queen and the Duke will fly back to England in the early evening.

It was just a short visit from 'Madam, my dear Sister' to 'Madam, my dear Sister'.

According to the TV-news over here, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Beatrix are very dear to each other. Every year the Dutch Queen seems to stay for a weekend at Windsor, as a private guest of the Queen and the Duke.

The openly shown heartwarming cordiality between the two lady Sovereigns was remarkable.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
The Royal Netherlands Court described it as "a private visit with public elements". I believe Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh had lunch together with Queen Beatrix and her family at Huis ten Bosch (Queen Beatrix' private residence in The Hague). The Queen and the Duke will fly back to England in the early evening.

It was just a short visit from 'Madam, my dear Sister' to 'Madam, my dear Sister'.

According to the TV-news over here, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Beatrix are very dear to each other. Every year the Dutch Queen seems to stay for a weekend at Windsor, as a private guest of the Queen and the Duke.

The openly shown heartwarming cordiality between the two lady Sovereigns was remarkable.

Thank you for information Henry.
Their Majesties do seem to be very close. I've never seen either Ladies greeting other Royals so warmly (as in these pictures - 1,2)

How wonderful. The pictures are very moving and for the Queen to call Beatrix her sister - just amazing. Is there any video of the two Queens greeting each other?

Being familiar

Prince Willem-Alexander addresses Queen Elizabeth as 'Madam, my Aunt'.

Queen Elizabeth will have written on her will-wishes card for Prince Willem-Alexander 'Sir, my Cousin'

There is a fine line in that. When Princess Beatrix became Queen, she remained to say 'Madam, my Aunt' to Queen Elizabeth. After the first official encounter between the two Sovereigns (State Visit 1982), it became 'Madam, my Sister' between the both lady Sovereigns, despite the fact that both ladies know each other their life long.

Last edited:
How sweet. I think it's beautiful. My two favourite Queens being so close. Now when is Queen Beatrix coming here?!

Back
Top Bottom