Prinsjesdag 2003-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Máxima's outfit was a bit boring, imo. The jacket was too casual to go with the dress (which seems very beautiful, btw). And the hat isn't really my cup of tea either, though it blends in wonderfully with her nice hairdo.

Well the colour of her outfit was certainly boo-ring, though the hat was ... funny! Ok, now seriously, the hat (from the front) looks like failed bakery. Looks more decent from the side though.

Thanks for the pics!

Máxima looks lovely today! And so Laurentien does

well, I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but the only outfit that I liked today was Laurentien's.:eek:
the Queen looked as if she was wearing a very large and heavy bathrobe. I wish she would pick a hat that did not look so horrible. I know she needs a big hat to accomodate her hairdo, but this style just does nothing to flatter her.
As for Maxima, the jacket did not go with the dress, and the dress did not go with the jacket. Her hat only looked good on her profile. From the front, it looked as if she had a bunch of material wrapped around in a swirl, and then plopped on her head.
As for Margeriet, I liked the blue dress, but the yellow part did nothing to flatter her or her dress. But I did like the color combination.

I like Laurentien's blue dress. It's very elegant and is a good choice for the occasion. I don't like her fashion taste most of the times but to me she's always pretty :), nice and sweet. The only thing I don't like is her hat, too much bird's hair but the gorgeous earrings compensate it. :)

Princess Máxima: I like her dress, I don't like the coat. The hat is pretty and very original, but I don't like to see it with such formal dress.

Princess Maxima looks beautiful. Her hair looks really nice when she puts it up, it frames her face beautifully.

Maxima: nice dress, nice coat, nice accessories. I think I would have liked to have seen a more colorful coat with the dress though, it's all so beige! Hate the hat, which I think looks like crumpled paper - odd and unflattering.

Laurentien looks really lovely in that deep blue, and a nice style too!

I don´t think this will be her last year, though the special stairs for her and her sister is a reminder that she is aging indeed.

Aging?Nah,remember HM had total knee surgery,and HRH is recovering from a recent hernia,both are not age related....You can even obtain it from attacking your abs,yes,even at your age,you'd be surprised,so take care with attacking them,they might get back at you:whistling: .....it happened to others...:rolleyes:

My favorite was by far Princess Margriets. Beatrix, CP Maxima and P Larentien looked nice as well. Didnt care her Maximas hat and hairdo though.

well, I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but the only outfit that I liked today was Laurentien's.:eek:
the Queen looked as if she was wearing a very large and heavy bathrobe. I wish she would pick a hat that did not look so horrible. I know she needs a big hat to accomodate her hairdo, but this style just does nothing to flatter her.
As for Maxima, the jacket did not go with the dress, and the dress did not go with the jacket. Her hat only looked good on her profile. From the front, it looked as if she had a bunch of material wrapped around in a swirl, and then plopped on her head.
As for Margeriet, I liked the blue dress, but the yellow part did nothing to flatter her or her dress. But I did like the color combination.
I couldn't agree with you more! I was really disappointed with Maxima, she usually never lets us Royal watchers down!!!

I couldn't agree with you more! I was really disappointed with Maxima, she usually never lets us Royal watchers down!!!

Oh but she didn't in my eyes,thanks to the new whopper of a diamond brooch she was wearing.
:flowers:

Maximas dress looked quite nice (at least from what was visible underneath that much too small jacket) but the collapsed Meringue on her head does not deserve the description "hat"
HM's dress looks like she salvaged some curtain fabric, and she might have been able to smuggle a whole football team underneath it into the building.
Her hat I insist is the same she always wears, she only spray paints them to match her clothes.
I loved Laurentiens dress but I am not sold on the sleeves, find the colour too off.

Tan? I think Jini asked about the brooch (jewel) and not about the jacket...
However you are right it is not the same jacket

Tan? I think Jini asked about the brooch (jewel) and not about the jacket...
However you are right it is not the same jacket

This happend when you don´t read right...

sorry Jini...

about the brooch... i can´t find a picture big enough to see it right

Oh, yes would love to see a close up too. Maximas jewels are usually worth starting to drool:wub:

Maxima wore a lovely outfit except for her hat. Laurentien looked lovely to, loved her jewels. As for the Queen, no comment.

Stellad

:dutchstandard:
Usually there is a huge turnout,really huge,packed with spectators along the entire route,come rain come shine,it is a typical festive day in The Hague.Oh it has,litterally,rained on the parade before,but these were quite rare and never during the procession from/to Palace/Parliament,hence the reference to the "magical" Orange sun that tradionally always pops out on haydays of the RF.

Nighty night!There'll be loads of pics,and comments no doubt...:whistling:...once you wake up:flowers:

Thanks Lucien

I think Laurentien looked every inch a princess today! Maxima and Margriet both looked very elegant as well.

Maximas brooch is definately NOT the same brooch she wore for the baptism. That one was a diamond bow with the topaz or citrine tear drop hanging down from the center .
The brooch worn today has a whopper of a central colored stone, round cut, surrounded with diamonds, with 3 colored tear drop stones hanging from diamonds decending from the central stone.

Last edited:
brooch

Also a citrine, set in diamonds. A rather 19th centrury design. A few more years and she'll have a nice demi-parure of citrines and diamonds. Perfect!

Is there a video? I like Maxima's outfit but the hat. I thought the hat look a little too overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom