Prinsjesdag 2003-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange hat to wear with that outfit but it suits her

Do you mean Maxima???:lol:
You are right, it suits her, but the style of the hat does not fit with the style of the outfit.... evening robe meets cowboy :whistling:
Bye Bine

Last edited:

Thanks for this gallery and the other pictures posted :flowers:

I don't follow the Dutch RF that much but Maxima is among those people I genuinely like. It's her attitude. She's always cheerful and positive to look at, but I also like her because she has a figure and looks like a women.
Fortunately she has never fallen victim for the "fashion gurus" who insist that women should preferably resemble anorexia cases.

On the Balcony was Princess Maxima on her right place next to HM the Queen ?

Lovely photographs Royalgetjan. For the first time in 5 years I was not able to be at Prinsjesdag, so I have enjoyed all the photographs on the forum.

Last edited:
Yesterday the cavalry was practicing as usual on the beach of Scheveningen:

PPE Agency

people along the route: http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1233272

preperations: http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1233273

And from wikipedia:

In the 18th century, Prinsjesdag was one of the country's most popular public holidays and was originally used to celebrate the 8 March birthday of Prince William V.
Between 1780 and 1797 — known as the Patriot era, leading up to the Batavian revolution — the day was used for demonstrations of loyalty to the House of Orange, which is probably why the current name was chosen in the 19th century for the ceremonial opening of parliament.
Historically, the constitution has stated that the opening of parliament should take place on a fixed date. The opening of parliament was originally held on the first Monday in November in the first half of the 19th century and then the third Monday in October, but when a constitutional revision introduced annual budgets in 1848, more time was needed to debate the budget, so the date was brought forward a month. Monday was considered inappropriate, because many parliamentarians in distant parts of the country needed to leave their homes on Sunday to make it to The Hague in time, so an 1887 revision moved Prinsjesdag to Tuesday.
Throughout the years 1815 to 1904, the speech from the throne was given in the assembly room of the House of Representatives, but was moved back to the Hall of Knights after an extensive restoration of the building at the start of the 20th century.
The pomp and circumstance is still very much part of the day.

Read more here.

Last edited:
From Dutchnews.nl:

Few surprises on Budget Day

Monday 17 September 2012

Queen Beatrix will make her official speech from the throne outlining the government’s plans for the next parliamentary year on Tuesday, but there will be no surprises given the current administration’s caretaker status.

This means ministers are simply minding the shop until a new coalition has been put together. Nevertheless, the spending plans for 2013 have to be finalised, so the budget preparations have continued as usual, without controversial elements.

An added complication this year is the spring austerity agreement, worked out between five parties in April in an effort to cut the budget deficit to below 3% and head off sanctions from Brussels.

Read more here.

-----------------------

A live blog by the NOS: http://nos.nl/liveblog/419824-live-prinsjesdag-2012.html

The live broadcast can be seen online: http://nos.nl/nieuws/live/politiek24/

-------------------------------------------
In the first carriage: The master of ceremonies and the chamberlain for the province of Drenthe,

The second carriage: the grand master Marco Hennis and grand mastress (?) Martine van Loon-Labouchère.

The gala glass berine: Princess Margriet, Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien, Prof. van Vollenhoven.

On horseback: the stable master Colonel Bert Wassenaar.

The golden carriage: HM the Queen, the prince of Orange, Princess Máxima.

On horseback: the chef of the militairy house, General Henk Morsink, and two adjudants.

--------------
The Queen with the usual feathers and a dress in black & white, + some diamond or stars. Máxima in deep purple/pink with a few diamond stars as well. Laurentien in a very dark colour, Margriet in grey. The Queen started her speech by mentioning king Willem I. The queen seems to be trembing more than usual and stumbles over the words a few times, which didn't happen too often on previous occassions.

Picture: http://www.anpfoto.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=20643070

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maxima recycled dress first time for Prinsjesdag...
She wore this dress dinner in Qatar...

Last edited:
I wonder why she did that, last minute trouble with gala dress, or just because she likes the dress.

The financial crisis also reached Villa Eikenhorst perhaps? ;).

--
Most hats of the members of parlament look beyond rediculous btw. Marianne Thieme was wearing carrots!

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos!
Her Majesty looked lovely. Crown Princess Maxima's ensemble was nice.

Thanks for all the wonderful photo's and links!

I love Maxima's ensemble and hat today. When she get it right, she gets it right. Very regal! On the otherhand ... why is Laurentien wearing a bandage on her forehead? :)

Laurentien looked lovely this year. Thanks for the links to all the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom