Princess Christina (1947-2019) and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danjel

Aristocracy
Out dutch Princess Christina, living in NY.......and as you can see on her t-shirt.......she loves it!

Attachments

• christina.jpg
    christina.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,462
Who is Princess Christina? Has she been doing royal duties or has she been living her own life out of the spotlight?

She is the youngest sister of Queen Beatrix and lives her own life. She have 3 children: Bernardo, Nicolas and Juliana jr. She was married with Jorge Guillermo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just found these two pics of Princess Christina,one of her with her father and Princess Irene on the Wedding day of Prince WA and another at she presented her CD "My Christmas Album":
They are from Verena's Royalty Page 2002 and Netty Royal; and the third from Corbis, 2000.

Attachments

• wamaxima96.jpg
    wamaxima96.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,134
  • christina.jpg
    christina.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3,292
  • 0000368191-004.jpg
    0000368191-004.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,055
I was looking at a thread at the Glittering Royal Events MB of Dutch post cards a member there had. And I noticed that Princess Christina was being referenced as Princess Marijke, which as I vaguely recall is her birth name. Can anyone tell me how, why and when the name was changed?

I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but did it have anything to do with her blindess that her name was changed?

And is the name an official one? Or just one that has become commonly used by the public and her family, rather than one is on legal documents?

her official name was Maria Christina, her 'roepnaam' (the name you actually use) was Marijke. In the sixties the princess changed her 'roepnaam' to Christina as she thought Marijke to childish.

Marengo said:
her official name was Maria Christina, her 'roepnaam' (the name you actually use) was Marijke. In the sixties the princess changed her 'roepnaam' to Christina as she thought Marijke to childish.

Thank you Marengo for the explanation.

Do Queen Juliana's other daughters have "roepnaams" and what might they be?

And how does one pronounce Mariejke?

No the others just are called by the name they were baptised with. It is ot uncommon in The Netherlands to use a daily name which is different from the official name. A friend of mine is called Clasina Adriana Wilhelmina, but she her 'roepnaam' is Diana.

The way you typed is is the way you would pronounce it, the 'ij' should be pronounced like 'I'.

Princess Christina's Children

Hello, you pardon you could put photos or say to me to the Link of the children and grandsons of princess Christina. Not it encounter.

a close up photo from ANP

LUNCH CONCERT IN ROYAL CONCERT HALL;AMSTERDAM;01FEB2002
- Arrival of Royal guests and family at the Royal Concert hall in Amsterdam. Photo:. Prinses Cristina arrives at the concerthall.

Here is a picture of Miss Juliana Guillermo with her mother Princess Christina and her brother Bernardo.

Seeger Press

conlaurentien39.jpg

Juliana Guillermo:

199820Juliana20Guillermo.jpg

Queen Juliana's granddaughter.

From Seeger Press

Has anyone got any MP3s or sound clips of Princess Christina singing? I'd be interested to hear her voice.

She sings for pleasure? That is an interesting note.

Not only for pleasure, she is a professional and studied it for some years. I believe she teaches singing in NYC these days. And she recorded two CD´s with her favourite songs, and sung at the funeral of both her parents.

I don thave an mp3, Beatrixfan, but she sung at the funeral of her parents and there should be videoclips on the website of the public channel. I will look into it later...

Thankyou Marengo! I imagine her to have a very operatic voice but it'll be great if you can find something.

Here a link to Bernhards funeral http://www.nos.nl/prins_bernhard/index_9.html?paginas/av.html~output For the actual funeral, scroll down to ´11 december´ and chose the first link, ´De hele uitvaartdienst (1 uur 25 minuten)'. Don´t know when the princess will be singing as I am not able to fastforward the service...

The princess also sung at the wedding of Prince Bernhard jr. to the lovely Annette Sekreve and during a special memorial concert in the village Porto Ercole, organised by a Princess Corsini.

For some reason, the videos don't work but I'll try and figure out a way to play them. Thanks for finding those links Marengo! Much appreciated.

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Former husband of Princess Christina of the Netherlands, Jorge Guillermo, lost a courtcase against Dutch opinion magazine Vrij Nederland (in a column by Emile Fallaux) in which was reported that Jorge Guillermo had a serious relationship with a man, O'Gorman, and that they even took care of a little boy/adopted son named Ricky. Funny thing is that Princess Christina and Jorge had met eachother through the then wife of O'Gorman...!
According to the judge, O'Gorman's diaries etc. had made clear/convinced him that the two men actually did have an affair together. So freedom of opinion was in this case prevailed over protection of privacy. It was no lie.
(All this was said by Peter van der Vorst in RTL Boulevard last week and Hans Jacob has more details on his www.royalblog.nl in Dutch.)
(The fact that Jorge G. is gay is a non-issue but the fact that he was married with a woman *and* gay I usually find hard to understand. One doesn't have to get married, does one, and especially not with a Princess who more or less was a public figure in the Netherlands, eh? Well, these things happen(ed).)
[/FONT]

09-02-2007 Barendrecht Princess Christina has opened the new office of Optelec in Barendrecht.
Princess Christina lives in New York and London.
Optelec is a company who makes a complete line of magnifiers, vision aids and braille products

PPE Agency

Her_Majesty said:
Princess Christina lives in New York and London.
Thanks Her Majesty:flowers: . It's really rare seeing Princess Christina in a public event like this and getting attention from the media.

Good to see the princess in The Netherlands. She must be the only one in the country that wears a fur coat, I never saw one on the street for example.

I believe she worked as a singing teacher, but I am not sure if she still does.

kaffir said:
Did she have a bad eye job or something?

kaffer,the Princess was born with a very serious vision disability,was operated on numerous times to no avail.

Marengo,I don't know for sure if the Princess teaches,the last years in NYC she gave sound healing therapy sessions,as music can help people cope with their (build-up)emotions.

But recently HRH moved to London and I am not sure she does that anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom