Princess Christina (1947-2019) and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Christina attended the Queens Day concert in Noordeinde Palace in The Hague, a few days ago. Other royals attending were HM the Queen, princess Maxima and prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma. The concert will be broadcasted tonight on Nederland 2.

On 29 September Princess Christina presented the fiorst CD of & to the Russian-Dutch pianist Alexander Drozdov (b. 1978) in the Hermitage aan de Amstel Museum in Amsterdam.

source: Blauw Bloed.

HRH Princess Christina will celebrate her 65th birthday on february 18th,next week saturday.

Dutch NOS tv will air the documentary " Princess Christina 65 " on february 12th from 18.57 PM till 19.22 PM , Ned2.

HRH is the youngest daughter of the late Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard,and the youngest sister of HM Queen Beatrix.
She lives in London.:)

If Jorge Guillermo would have converted to the Dutch Reformed Church before his marriage and Christina would not renounced her succession rights, would Bernardo, Nicolas and Juliana be HH Princes/s of Oranje-Nassau - Guillermo or would they simple be ... Guillermo?

The most likely thing would have been that they would have copied the situation as with the van Vollenhovens. So HH Prince(ss) X of Orange-Nassau.

Religious issues were not the reason for Christina to lose her succession rights though. She didn't ask permission from parlament and that way you automatically lose succession rights in The Netherlands.

Eva Prinz, wife of Bernardo Guillermo is named on various websites as the reason why Sonic Youth singer Thurston Moore (54) is getting divorced from his wife Kim Gordon. Kim gave an interview to Elle magazine announcing the divorce. The couple was together for 30 years. Kim Gordon doesn't mention the name of Eva Prinz, but several other websites do.

'Schoondochter Christina heeft verhouding' - RTL Boulevard

Edit: not sure what her name is now. But it seems that the press uses the name of her first husband most often, which is Prinz. Her own last name is Valdez.

http://jezebel.com/is-this-the-woman-who-broke-up-kim-gordon-and-thurston-478479027

Last edited:
I wonder if Bernardo will bring his wife to Amsterdam. Since they apparently have an open marriage maybe he is not upset at the idea of her being named as the other woman in the break up of a marriage.

I can't think HM will be very happy with such news popping up a few days before the enthronement. Maybe they will pull an Edwin & Margarita and stay away. Not that many will know the Guillermo's here.

Apparently the wife of the singer said that her husband had an affair with somebody with whom he worked on a literary project. And Eva Prinz & the singer did just that.

I can't think HM will be very happy with such news popping up a few days before the enthronement. Maybe they will pull an Edwin & Margarita and stay away. Not that many will know the Guillermo's here.

Apparently the wife of the singer said that her husband had an affair with somebody with whom he worked on a literary project. And Eva Prinz & the singer did just that.

The wife of that so-called singer maybe just craves for attention...some do you know...:whistling:...I do think all the cousins will be in attendance,including Bernardo and his handsome bro and sister...
:)

Princess Christina became a grandmother for the second time on September 21st 2011.
Julian Jorge Guillermo, first son and second child of Bernardo Guillermo and his wife Eva Valdez was born in New York
A brother for Isabel Christina (13-4-2009)

Weren't there reports back in April of Bernardo and Eva having an open marriage that was coming apart after stories appeared in the press of her having a relationship with a married man, resulting in that mans amrriage ending in divorce? If true might that not open up questions of paternity?

I don know what is true about it.
The information came fom ¨the cheated wife¨

This child is born two years ago and looks a lot like his sister.
I have the impression that they are really full siblings.

A lot can happen in those two years

Last edited:
Weren't there reports back in April of Bernardo and Eva having an open marriage that was coming apart after stories appeared in the press of her having a relationship with a married man, resulting in that mans amrriage ending in divorce? If true might that not open up questions of paternity?

IIRC there was a single report on a gossip website, which included no sources. (The wife in question did not identify the woman she held responsible for the break-up of her marriage, and the comments she did make were so general as to apply to almost anyone.)

Friends of the couple have apparently said that the report of the affair (and the open marriage) is false.

I read somewhere else (a Dutch Royalty forum) that they had a daughter in 2011, her name is unknown. This information came from Hein Bruins, Nobilliana. So I'm a bit in doubt about which information is true and which information is not.

In my opinion, there are still four options left.
1. All the information is false, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter, Isabel (2009).
2. The information form Hein Bruins, Nobilliana is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters, Isabel (2009) and an unnamed daughter (2011).
3. The information on Wikipedia is true, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter and one son, Isabel (2009) and Julian (2012).
4. Alll the information is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters and one son, Isabel (2009), unnamed daughter (2011) and Julian (2012).

What do you think?

I read somewhere else (a Dutch Royalty forum) that they had a daughter in 2011, her name is unknown. This information came from Hein Bruins, Nobilliana. So I'm a bit in doubt about which information is true and which information is not.

In my opinion, there are still four options left.
1. All the information is false, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter, Isabel (2009).
2. The information form Hein Bruins, Nobilliana is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters, Isabel (2009) and an unnamed daughter (2011).
3. The information on Wikipedia is true, Bernardo and Eva have one daughter and one son, Isabel (2009) and Julian (2012).
4. Alll the information is true, Bernardo and Eva have two daughters and one son, Isabel (2009), unnamed daughter (2011) and Julian (2012).

What do you think?

First of all Bernardo and Eva Guillermo are private persones with a strong wish to remain so.
They had a daughter in April 2009
There was no announcement of this birth. Someone found out about it by seeing pictures of baby Isabel. Suddenly they were in the picture.
Their wedding in September took attention from the press because his Orange-cousins were present and well known.
Last week Hein found out on Facebook that there was a second child (pics)
He thought that this child might be a possible second daughter, born in 2012 (on or around)
The second source, which was found by Ilse : De kleinkinderen van prinses Juliana en prins Bernhard | Kunst en Cultuur: Koningshuis gives more and detailed information
Hein Bruins changed his information on his website.

From a friend from New York I heard that the Guillermos had two children.
I got this information on Christmas 2011
A lot of non confirmed informations

Never the less, they had two children in December 2011
Confirmation of the existence of this child on Facebook pics
Confirmation from Ilse' s source.

I am pretty sure that they have two children Isabel and Julian.
The source nu.nl above is IMHO reliable

In the Dutch Royal Family the only unmarried is Juliana Guillermo ?

He had a long relationship with Chrissie Eynon

I would not be surprised if one of us would one day discover that Nicolas was married and father. As I said, they are very private.

Same story for Juliana, who only turns public to discuss or show her art.

Yes, of course they are very private. However, there was an announcement when Isabel was born so I was in doubt which information was true. I really thought that it also could be possible that none of the information was true, because no announcement was made.

They had to make an announcement because some pressman found out that Bernardo, who was not married at that time had a daughter (pics on Facebook).
They announced then only the fact that he would marry and that he indeed had a daughter.
So, no birth-announcement when Isabel was born, but a marriage announcement.

They don't need to make an announcement now.
They are a private family, married with children and I am pretty sure that in case they will have another child, they will not make an announcement either.
Someone will have to find that out

BTW they married civily in March 2009, one month before the birth of their daughter.
So they were legaly married, but planned a religious ceremony in all intimacy without publicity, which was the only announcement that was officialy made

Last edited:
It seems that the marriage of Bernardo and Eva Valdez is over indeed (or a very unconventional one).

The musician Thruston Moore talks about his relationship with Eva:

"I'm in a really romantic place with Eva; we've kinda been a couple for close to six years. A lot of those years, nobody was very aware of it except us. The cat's been out of the bag a while now."

Royal Musings: Thurston Moore talks about about his affair with Eva Prinz

Magazine article: Thurston Moore / Features / Music News from THE FLY - The UK's Most Popular Music Magazine

It seems they had an affair even before Eva's wedding to Bernardo and that Eva is living in London at the moment. They have wo children together: Isabel Christina and Julian Jorge. The 2nd names of both children are the names of Bernardo's parents.

Last edited:
It seems that royalty has an article (and perhaps an interview?) about/ princess Christina's family. I never saw the photo before wth the princess and her 3 children. The cover can be found on the website, I am not able to make a permalink so it will expire:

Royalty - Het grootste blad over royals - Royalty Online

Juliana Guillermo and her partner expect their second child.
Source: Weekend/Nobiliana.

Juliana Guillermo and her partner recently had their second child
A sibling for their son.

Source: Weekend (the 32 great grandchildren of the late Queen Juliana and the late Prince Bernhard)

Back
Top Bottom