Pre-Inauguration Dinner at the Rijksmuseum: April 29, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The CP of Thailand could have brought his wife instead of his sister..
I find it quiet weird..
The only other occasion I remember brother-sister-solo combo was Charles-Anne for King Olav's funeral.
But by then both of them are almost single..

please. the Swedish Royal Family did brother-sister-sister combo's until victoria got married. still cp & maddy do things together sometimes. though that may change once Maddy is married.

it's not unusual.

Sirindhorn is the most visible female in the family besides her mother.

It's a poor show that Charlene couldn't turn up. Frankly, it's a bit insulting. I'm sure her Foundation is important to her and I'm certain she wouldn't want to let her friend down but...she's a royal consort. It's called duty. And her duty is to be there with her husband.

It's a poor show that Charlene couldn't turn up. Frankly, it's a bit insulting. I'm sure her Foundation is important to her and I'm certain she wouldn't want to let her friend down but...she's a royal consort. It's called duty. And her duty is to be there with her husband.

It would have been more insulting to cancel an engagement because this invitation arrived.

I liked gala ensembles worn by Crown Princess Mathilde, Crown Princess Sara of Brunei, and Crown Princess Mary. Although I have not seen a better photo of Lalla Salma's caftan, I am sure it is a masterpiece. Crown Princess Letizia looked fine as well. Lacy sleeves and bustier embellishments were too much to my taste.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, looked Rubenesque. The dandelion hairstyle did not flatter her at all. Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not have a willowy figure to pull a Valentino (?) dress off. Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's dress is too sparkly. The style of the dress did not flatter her.

It is sad that Crown Princess Masako was unable to attend the event. Hopefully we shall see her tomorrow.

Last edited:

Though I never really cared for Charlene, I agree with ur post. The Foundation thing is not at all an excuse. That could have been on any of the other 363 days..And that wedding--Come on, these are the only "duties" expected from you..just excuse yourself, your "friend " will definitely understand..

It would have been more insulting to cancel an engagement because this invitation arrived.

As vkrish rightly said, the foundation engagement could have taken place at any time in the year. And not being there for a friend's wedding is something she should have anticipated. At least we know that Crown Princess Masako has a genuine excuse. Charlene just doesn't seem bothered.

Thanks for sharing pictures everyone. I haven't been this excited about a royal event since CP Victoria's wedding. It's wonderful to watch an event of historical significance unfold right before one's eyes. Great to see all the foreign royals attending.

Though I never really cared for Charlene, I agree with ur post. The Foundation thing is not at all an excuse. That could have been on any of the other 363 days..And that wedding--Come on, these are the only "duties" expected from you..just excuse yourself, your "friend " will definitely understand..

Cancelling two existing engagements, after she has agreed to them is worse IMO. People may understand, but that doesn't mean it's fair either way.

And not being there for a friend's wedding is something she should have anticipated.

Exactly why should she anticipate that? Not Charlene could predict the abdication no matter how traditional it is. If Camilla hadn't attended because of a prior engagement or friends wedding I bet nobody would be as bothered. Albert is the reigning monarch and he is there, what's the problem?

Last edited:
As vkrish rightly said, the foundation engagement could have taken place at any time in the year. And not being there for a friend's wedding is something she should have anticipated. At least we know that Crown Princess Masako has a genuine excuse. Charlene just doesn't seem bothered.

Royals dont cancel engagements when another turns up. That is bad manners.

Cancelling two existing engagements, after she has agreed to them is worse IMO. People may understand, but that doesn't mean it's fair either way.

It depends on when she scheduled the engagement. The inauguration dates have been known since what, January? And Charlene's foundation stuff wasn't announced until recently, so she could have moved it forward a few days or back a few days.

Charlene is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. There would have been people upset if she had dumped her event to attend this event.

Royals dont cancel engagements when another turns up. That is bad manners.

I do doubt how genuine Charlene's excuse is to be honest. Firstly, a wedding on a Tuesday is very unusual. But back to that in a second. Secondly, it's her foundation. She can visit any time she likes and I doubt this was booked in before January of this year. Now, as close as she might be to her friend, if she has to represent Monaco with her husband in a European nation then it's her duty to be there with him, not at a wedding. Crown Princess Masako suffers with severe anxiety and even she made the effort to go (even if she didn't attend tonight, I'm sure we'll see her tomorrow). My point is, there's degrees in cancelling engagements. Can you imagine Queen Beatrix not going to Crown Princess Victoria's wedding because she had to visit a Dutch charity for an hour or two? Clearly Charlene missed a trick to get an education in how real royalty behaves.

Charlene is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. There would have been people upset if she had dumped her event to attend this event.

she didn't have to dump it. she could have rescheduled.

Last edited:
if she has to represent Monaco with her husband in a European nation then it's her duty to be there with him,

Sorry but "has" to "duty"? Was this all written in her marriage vows or something? Your argument about royals not attending weddings doesn't wash when we see the British Royal Family knock every wedding they can on the head and attend ordinary engagements on the same day.

If Camilla hadn't attended because of a prior engagement or friends wedding I bet nobody would be as bothered.

No..No..On the other hand they would have started a big noise that this is another example of "British Indifference/high-handedness/superior-feeling"..or some fanatics may go on to say she is was jealous of not becoming Queen or maybe even she was "banished" from the event because of the "stuff", and the prior engagement was just an excuse..
Tell me which one point of these will not come up as a post on TRF (leave alone DM) if Camilla was absent instead of Charlene..:flowers:

What about other peoples schedules ? If people expected her why should they have to change their schedules. There will be more events for her to attend this is not the end of events.

No..No..On the other hand they would have started a big noise that this is another example of "British Indifference/high-handedness/superior-feeling"..or some fanatics may go on to say she is was jealous of not becoming Queen or maybe even she was "banished" from the event because of the "stuff", and the prior engagement was just an excuse..
Tell me which one point of these will not come up as a post on TRF (leave alone DM) if Camilla was absent instead of Charlene..:flowers:

British indifference yes, because that my friend actually exists. However you're other ideas make no sense and should stay in the pages of the Daily Mail.

On a more related note - are we not missing some Dutch RF members?

Back
Top Bottom