Official Visit of the Prince of Monaco to The Netherlands: June 3-4, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
On June 3rd, the prince and princess of Monaco will open an exhibition about princess Grace at Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn.

The king and queen of the Netherlands will also be present. The event will be followd by a dinner, also at the palace.

The prince will also visit the prime minister and the chairmen of the first and second chambers of parlament.

source: RVD

Super i am happy to se princess charlene on a state vidit:ROFLMAO:

Is it a state visit? I would love to, but it seems more like a official visit rather than a state visit

Official Visit as per the post by Marengo above :previous:

Ohh its a mistake. Official visit . I want a state visit hehe to see her with a tiara and with royals of other states

Dare I hope that means this might be a tiara wearing occasion ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh its a mistake. Official visit . I want a state visit hehe to see her with a tiara and with royals of other states

The recent visit by King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia was no State Visit either. This did not prevent the Dutch hosts to organize a full gala banquet at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam. Het Loo Palace in the east of the Netherlands is a stunning location for a fairytale gala banquet anyway.

:flowers:

The Swedish guests, from the newspaper De Telegraaf : http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/article22473962.ece/BINARY/gustaf7.JPG

Examples of fairytale diners at Het Loo:
The Audience Chamber : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NsiIqPNWFUA/Uq4Z_3uXMrI/AAAAAAAAW4c/B7pqwnZmP9E/s1600/IMG_5385.JPG

The King's Dining Chamber : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gF8ClDXZLUc/Uq4Z7_iXEkI/AAAAAAAAW3Q/W62QQ2r2hB8/s1600/IMG_5348.JPG

Prince Willem V's salon : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CKzW8MnqlJI/Uq4Z9mrl3YI/AAAAAAAAW4M/cn4wPlaH4cg/s1600/IMG_5367.JPG

King Willem III's salon : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wxpQ_iJOSyw/Uq4Z-KBn0gI/AAAAAAAAW34/UU6BCQcMuto/s1600/IMG_5371.JPG

Last edited:
The RVD released the programme:

3 June:

Morning:
Prince Albert will visit the Prime Minister & parlament. Afterwards he will meet the entrepeneur organisation VNO-NCW, where he will also attend lunch

Pss Charlene and Queen Máxima will visit the Ronald Mc.Donald center in Amsterdam. After this visit the two will have lunch aboard a boat, while they will be viewing the canals in Amsterdam. After this boat ride they will visit the Anne Frank House.

Afternoon:
The king, queen, prince and princess will attend the opening of an exhibition about Pss Grace at Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn.

Evening:
the king, queen, prince, princess and princess Beatrix will attend a dinner at Het Loo. The king and prince will hold a speech.

June 4th:
Prince Albert II will speak to the directors of the companies Boskalis and van Oord at Paviljoen de Witte in Scheveningen.

Afternoon:
Prince Albert will visit Philips High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. He will sign an agreement between the Prince Albert II of Monaco fund and Philips to deliver sustainable lighting for sportfields in South-Africa.

Officieel bezoek Prins Albert II en Prinses Charlène van Monaco - Het Koninklijk Huis

this is such exciting news! i can't wait for the event to happen.
however, i read in noblesse et royautes that in fact princess charlene is now not attending the visit, possibly due to her pregnancy.
i'm quite disappointed as i would have loved to see maxima and charlene in an event together, as it will be the first time we see them interacting... we already know they are good friends, so this would have been such a fun visit to follow...

fingers crossed charlene will make it!

Visite officielle du prince Albert de Monaco aux Pays-Bas

It will be so disappointing if Princess Charlene is not able to make it. :(
Here's possibly our only chance this year to see her wearing the Ocean tiara to an official engagement...

My French is not that good, so can someone please tell me if the link says that the press release from the palace says that Charlene will not attend or that the links says that after the press release regarding the pregnancy, the princess might not attend?
Thanks

Oh no.... the Princess has indeed cancelled....

:ermm: :sad: :ohmy:

My translation:

[...] Following the official announcement of her pregnancy, the Princess had to resolve not to make the trip.

Prince Albert will meet the Prime Minister and the President of the Senate, will attend the signing of trade agreements between the two countries. At Het Loo Palace, the Sovereign Prince and the King of the Netherlands will open an exhibition dedicated to Princess Grace of Monaco. Queen Maxima will join for a formal diner.

:sad:

The next day, Prince Albert visit the facilities of the Phillips firm that reflect environmental standards.

I think if she was feeling well enough she would attend. But Charlene has wanted this pregnancy and waited so long for it she is likely doing anything and everything to get whatever rest she needs. I don't blame her.

She is wise to take it easy

Good for her, taking it easy at this transitional time in her pregnancy. May be still having morning sickness.

I have little understanding for it. It is no exhausting trip. Just fly with the prince's own jet from Nice to The Hague. Attend the opening of the exhibition, have private time with Queen Máxima while the Prince has his own agenda in The Hague. Later in the evening a diner at Het Loo Palace, a fantastic and dream-like location.

A day later, the Prince can continue his visit to Philips (a Dutch electronics multinational) and then both the Prince and Princess can fly back to Nice. When the baby is due in December, this means the Princess is only in the second month of her pregnancy...

Last edited:
How disappointing. But I guess PC doesn't want to take any chances, and is making this pregnancy her first priority. Fair enough.

I also don't understand this decision. It's not like it's a faraway trip, it would be no more arduous than attending the Grand Prix events she went to last week.

I find it really puzzling, Albert and Charlene have most probably known about the pregnancy before they announced the trip, if she didn't want to go because of the pregnancy, why would they arrange for her to go in the first place!

Maybe she is feeling more fatigued and nauseous than she did last week. She didn't exactly look like she was enjoying herself at the Grand Prix. I don't think it's unreasonable that a woman in the early stages of what might be a high risk pregnancy may not feel like flying off to attend a formal dinner, even if it is nearby.

As another poster put it, her pregnancy should be her priority and whatever she decides about her schedule for the remainder of it should be the decision only of Charlene and her medical team.

Maybe she simply doesn't feel like it, and that is perfectly okay imo.

I have little understanding for it. It is no exhausting trip. Just fly with the prince's own jet from Nice to The Hague. Attend the opening of the exhibition, have private time with Queen Máxima while the Prince has his own agenda in The Hague. Later in the evening a diner at Het Loo Palace, a fantastic and dream-like location.

A day later, the Prince can continue his visit to Philips (a Dutch electronics multinational) and then both the Prince and Princess can fly back to Nice. When the baby is due in December, this means the Princess is only in the second month of her pregnancy...

We have no information on how her first trimester is coming along. For some women it means intermittent nausea and vomiting, often caused by food or just smells you did not even know would make you sick. Under some circumstances even a short trip in a car will make you sick to your stomach, much less air travel.

It is a pity. Charlène missed the re-union of the Heirs at the hunting lodge near Het Loo Palace (one month before the Investiture), she missed the three wonderfully festive days around the Investiture and now she misses again for what would probably have been her first very formal outing in her role as HSH The Princess of Monaco. I really wanted to see the monegasques together with the Dutch royal couple and Princess Beatrix, all in their finery and surrounded by the stunning 17th C palace.

Okay, there will undoubtedly be another opportunity.

:flowers:

I just dont get how anyone can criticise the decision for Charlene not to go to Netherlands.

Baby and mother's health first and foremost.

None of us know all the facts - try for a little understanding and kindness!

I just dont get how anyone can criticise the decision for Charlene not to go to Netherlands.

Couldn't agree more,asides its not a State Visit.

So, so true cepe! I think she should do whatever makes her comfortable. It was becoming downright painful to read some of the snide, cruel comments her childlessness was generating online and in the press, mostly from females, who one would expect to have more compassion for her situation.

I don't blame Charlene for wanting to do everything possible to bring this child safely into the world.

I find it really puzzling, Albert and Charlene have most probably known about the pregnancy before they announced the trip, if she didn't want to go because of the pregnancy, why would they arrange for her to go in the first place!

I suspect the official trip has probably been planned longer than Charlene has been pregnant. It may be that they announced the events as Charlene felt fine at the time but now feels more tired or sick. Remember how the Duchess of Cambridge had to go to hospital as she was so ill for a short amount of timer during her pregnancy- Charlene might no longer feel well enough to go. That might even be why they announced her pregnancy so as to explain why she wasn't going to The Netherlands after saying she would, they've had their fair share of rumors already and know how it would look to the media if she simpy didn't turn up.

Just a reminder, the moderators do not feel comfortable with discussions of other forums here at TRF. We would not like it if they discussed us in a negative light, so let's give them the same courtesy.

And while we are still a few days from the visit, let me remind you that speculation is against forum rules. All posts about possible past miscarriages have been removed, as they are nothing but posters' own speculations. All we know is that Princess Charlene will not be making the trip after all. Further speculative references will be removed at moderator discretion.

Last edited:
maybe charlene is not feeling well at these early stages of pregnancy and would prefer to stay home. who can blame her! as much as i'd like to see these two lovely ladies together, we need to respect charlene's decision. who knows, maybe she gives us a surprise and actually comes! if not, we can always hope for an introductory visit of the dutch king and queen to monaco in the not so distant future...

Back
Top Bottom