Official Visit from the Russian Federation to The Netherlands: April 8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:dutchstandard::russiaflag2:

By invitation of HM Queen Beatrix HE President Wladimir Putin of Russia will pay a one day official Visit to The Netherlands
to mark the start of the The Netherlands - Russia Year on monday april 8th 2013.

That will possibly be the last visit received by Beatrix as Queen!

During the Netherlands-Russia year will be celebrating 400 years of diplomatic relations between the countries. I guess it will be mainly be celebrated in The Netherlands, and as a commentator in the NRC cynically added, it will mostly be about 'cultural marketing'.

President's of Russia visit to the Netherlands
Vladimir Putin will visit the Kingdom of the Netherlands on April 8, 2013.

In Amsterdam the President will take part in the opening ceremony of the Year of Russia in the Netherlands and the Year of the Netherlands in Russia.

Mr Putin will also hold talks with Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte.

It is nice that Her Majesty Queen Beatrix will receive Mr. Putin. Both countries share long diplomatic relationships. Peter the Great was smitten by Holland and tried hard to introduce the Dutch way of doing things.

Last edited:
During the Netherlands-Russia year will be celebrating 400 years of diplomatic relations between the countries. I guess it will be mainly be celebrated in The Netherlands, and as a commentator in the NRC cynically added, it will mostly be about 'cultural marketing'.

The Royal House web says it was an initiative of the Russian federation,The Netherlands - Russia year,to enhance the trade and cultural ties and add to society.....:whistling:..If that is what he looks for,additions to his society....I hope they organise meetings with the COC,HIV-Vereniging and AIDS Fund for him......Why?In light of new and hefty anti gay laws that were passed in the Russian Parliament....Being gay is a criminal offence now in Russia....One can tell a countries sense of democracy by the way it treats its minorities.....Oh well,...he's only here for the day...Sad,my one time hero,as he's the only one who can keep that country together in one piece....

Last edited:
If the RF requested this visit, there must be a reason for that. If the Netherlands wanted to express their dissatisfaction with laws passed in Russia, a sovereign state, the Dutch diplomats could have refused to have this one-day state visit.

The Royal House web says it was an initiative of the Russian federation,The Netherlands - Russia year,to enhance the trade and cultural ties and add to society.....:whistling:..If that is what he looks for,additions to his society....I hope they organise meetings with the COC,HIV-Vereniging and AIDS Fund for him......Why?In light of new and hefty anti gay laws that were passed in the Russian Parliament....Being gay is a criminal offence now in Russia....One can tell a countries sense of democracy by the way it treats its minorities.....Oh well,...he's only here for the day...Sad,my one time hero,as he's the only one who can keep that country together in one piece....
They should. It's an absolute outrage that in 2013, having a different sexual orientation is still not accepted by many. Let alone a law that makes it a criminal offence. :nonono: I don't think his visit will go unnoticed in our LGBT community.

If the RF requested this visit, there must be a reason for that. If the Netherlands wanted to express their dissatisfaction with laws passed in Russia, a sovereign state, the Dutch diplomats could have refused to have this one-day state visit.

The law was passed last week,and yes,our Foreign Minister will address the issue....and I'm sure more diplomatic then I have in my mind..I don't do backward anythings,be they persons or nations..But alas..We're the 2nd largest investor in Russia...so it's the buck...A Sovereign State...indeed....... in backwardness...

It is your right to be emotional about the issues and exercise your witty eloquence. Money-making is far more important for finicky Europeans. The enlightened European elite never refuses money and lavish presents. This makes moral stands about the laws passed in Russia disingenuous.

It is your right to be emotional about the issues and exercise your witty eloquence. Money-making is far more important for finicky Europeans. The enlightened European elite never refuses money and lavish presents. This makes moral stands about the laws passed in Russia disingenuous.

and of course people in the east are totally disinterested in money:whistling:

People in the east are interested in money and all the good things money buys. We know that finicky Europeans on high horses have got their price too. We have a pragmatic approach to business and state relations. In this respect we have learnt a lot from the enlightened west.

People in the east are interested in money and all the good things money buys. We know that finicky Europeans on high horses have got their price too. We have a pragmatic approach to business and state relations. In this respect we have learnt a lot from the enlightened west.

Glad you learned about pragmatism, next you just have to learn about equality of people under the law and how to hold free and fair elections.
I am sure the Dutch LGBT community will give Putin the welcome he deserves although guven that he is basically just flying in and out there may be little chance of the public seeing too much of him.

Last edited:
We shall see what happens when Mr. Putin is in the Netherlands. As for the rest, it has been nice of you to opine on such complex subject as democracy and fair elections.

Oh but I'm not emotional at all...I never get that on anything coming from that far east..A simple shrug will suffice..We see where you come from ...

So,all in all:No comment.He will come and will be regarded as officially is good custom between befriended nations.

Last edited:
COC, the Dutch association for LGBT have already announced they will take this opportunity to protest. Our foreign minister expressed his concerns and will meet with Lavrov on the 26 of February. So it hasn't gone unnoticed here.

It is within the rights of LGBT community to organise a protest. It may safely be said that Mr. Putin is aware of the situation. Mr. Lavrov knows about it as well. Let LGBT community protest. After all, anti-globalists stage protests on a regular basis without effecting any significant changes. What else can be said? Nothing much.

Last edited:

Queen Beatrix and Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Amsterdam Hermitage Museum on April 8, 2013, marking the official start of the Netherlands-Russia year 2013.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Queen Beatrix and Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Amsterdam Hermitage Museum on April 8, 2013, marking the official start of the Netherlands-Russia year 2013.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

He arrived an hour early today coming from Germany where he met Angela Merkel,and protesters.This evening a banquet will be held at the National Shipping Museum to celebrate Russia & The Netherlands trade relations with representatives of the corporate world,with the replica of Peter the Great yacht "Sztandard" moored outside.He will probably meet his daughter Masha here too as she lives here in Voorschoten in The Netherlands,married to a Dutchman.

Last edited:
In the evening there was the dinner of the corporate and political worlds of both countries at the National Shipping Museum:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1490908

And,as expected thousands of demonstrators took to the Shipping Museum too to protest against rigid and backward russian legislation against gays....yeah...as if that will ban them...But,President Putin simply stated that everybody is equal in Russia and that there is no discrimination of whatever groups nor opinions...So glad to hear,he's such a dear!:whistling::lol::ermm:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1490910

courtesy ANP

Meanwhile everybody arrived home safely!

It is nice to know that each party followed through with their agenda. President Putin goes back to his residence, and the demonstrators feeling happy go back to theirs flats/houses/mansions. Nothing changes, but the circus can spice up a boring visit.

Last edited:
...But,President Putin simply stated that everybody is equal in Russia and that there is no discrimination of whatever groups nor opinions...So glad to hear,he's such a dear!:whistling::lol::ermm:

I must admit I laughed out loud when I saw Putin say this. It was both hilarious and of course a bold face lie. He must think news of what happens in Russia does not make it to the West. He is stuck in the old KGB Communist mindset.

Back
Top Bottom