Official Visit from Sweden to The Netherlands: April 4-5, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The king and queen of Sweden will pay a visit to The Netherlands on the invitation of TM the king and queen.

Zijne Majesteit Koning Carl XVI Gustaf van Zweden en Hare Majesteit Koningin Silvia brengen op vrijdag 4 en zaterdag 5 april een bezoek aan Nederland op uitnodiging van Zijne Majesteit Koning Willem-Alexander en Hare Majesteit Koningin Máxima.

Zweeds Koningspaar bezoekt Nederland - Het Koninklijk Huis

From the website of the swedish royal court. King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia make an official visit to the Netherlands on the invitation of king Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima.
Officiellt besök till Nederländerna - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Most important question :lol::whistling::lol:: will this be a Tiara Event?

Official visit is not a State Visit, I know, but 400 years relationship is something to celebrate :flowers:. And: if the 2 most Tiara-loving Queens will be united?????

BYe Bine

:previous:
Wonderful news. I can' t wait :)
My favorite royal families together again :flowers:

Most important question :lol::whistling::lol:: will this be a Tiara Event?

Official visit is not a State Visit, I know, but 400 years relationship is something to celebrate :flowers:. And: if the 2 most Tiara-loving Queens will be united?????

BYe Bine
I see that you put your priorities right: Tiaras First!:ROFLMAO::flowers:
Normally it wouldn't be a tiara event. But with two tiara loving Queens in the same banquet hall, there might be a Chance!?

Besides, Queen Maxima wore the star tiara for the visit of Shimon Perez last October. And that was only an official visit, afaik.

I see that you put your priorities right: Tiaras First!:ROFLMAO::flowers:
Normally it wouldn't be a tiara event. But with two tiara loving Queens in the same banquet hall, there might be a Chance!?

Besides, Queen Maxima wore the star tiara for the visit of Shimon Perez last October. And that was only an official visit, afaik.

I heard the banquet will be white tie.. So I think there is a chance to see tiara's tomorrow evening... I'm really looking forward to that actually!

Considering Queen Silvia is the most creative with jewels of her generation of Queens and thus far Máxima is of hers, I think there is a good chance indeed that it will be a tiara event. The Swedish state visit to the Netherlands also saw two tiara events, something that rarely occured during Beatrix reign.

Last edited:
Well even official visits can be white tie. In 2005 was the two official visits between Norway and Sweden both white tie-banquets. So let's hope for tonight, and a Order of the Seraphim for Queen Máxima.

I heard the banquet will be white tie.. So I think there is a chance to see tiara's tomorrow evening... I'm really looking forward to that actually!
On the RJWMB someone posted a "confirmation" that it will be white tie. The posted Dates from April 1st. One day later the poster confirmed that it was a joke, so we still really don't know the dress code for tonight.

King Willem-Alexander seems to love decorum a bit more than his mother, Queen Beatrix. This is the first time I see that guests are not driven directly in front of the main entrance but are welcomed aside of the palace. A long carpet, lined by guards, then leads to the main entrance. It adds more decorum and a better view for the public.

Picture from RTL News: http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sites/default/files/styles/ipad_fullscreen/public/content/images/2014/04/04/Koningspaar%20met%20Zweeds%20koningspaar5.jpg?itok=Bz1pYHtm

Last edited:
Beatrix abolished a lot of the decorum in the first years of her reign (note that it was after the 'red' seventies). Now some things seem to be upgraded indeed. The use of tiaras at the pre-inauguration dinner was already a big surprise. Perhaps WA and Máxima were inspired by their visits abroad: showing some glitter doesn't harm the monarchy. The sitting around a table after welcoming the guests is customary in many monarchies in the Middle East and elsewhere. Next time I hope they will put some lights on though.

Last edited:

His lipstick collection????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Really looking funny
BYe Bine

Gosh, how small Q Silvia Looks next to the tall Maxima. I was not Aware about this big size difference.
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, how small Q Silvia Looks next to the tall Maxima. I was not Aware about this big size difference.
BYe Bine

Silvia is very small as it is. I have read a few times that people expect her to be short when they meet her and then they are even more surprised that she is shorter than they expected. :)

Next time I hope they will put some lights on though.

I think you saw a dark picture by coincidence. Here another picture which shows the imposing salon where King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima received their guests. The chandeliers were burning anyway.

Detail: look how high the fireplace is and how immense the painting above. It must be twice the size of the King, so to see.

Pic from Metro Nieuws: http://www.metronieuws.nl/_internal...fzkdh0vzg51iq9mum2jw7nh4by3/anp-26842471.jpeg

Last edited:
great visit
my favorite royal couples :)

Phantastic!!! So white tie is back in fashion at the Dutch court!

I only wished that Constantijn & Laurentien were there as well. Aren't they supposed to take over the Margriet & Pieter role?

Back
Top Bottom