Official Portraits of the Dutch Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they were trying for photos where both looked more serious but we're so used to seeing Maxima looking joyful that the result seems a bit strange.

Sincerely it was too much Photoshop, to look more younger, but it's sparkling. I wish there an gala portrait of Amalia, maybe in occasion of her 20th birthday in December

I like it that they have not been airbrushed into oblivion. There are lines in their faces as any person has. I also don't mind the more serious look, it is an official portrait after all. I don’t like the room they picked, the yellow curtains don’t blend well with the dress and the whole setting misses the grandeur that the Erwin Olaf portrait had. Palace Noordeinde’s rooms more resemble a hotel than a palace anyway IMO.

The jewels are impressive on their own and would have looked better with a simpler dress indeed. But I believe it is the first official portrait of the Queen with the Stuart jewels, though the Stuart diamond itself ánd the brooch are missing. The King has at least some hair gel or wax to keep things in order. He just is not blessed with the best of beards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom