NL DOET (Formerly 'Make A Difference Day')

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very lovely pix ! Nice couple that always look so much in love, and their boy is the only boy in all Queen Beatrix grandchildren !

On Blauw Bloed they showed among other things Pieter van Vollenhoven. He was in a police car but when the car drove away a bystander pointed out that Pieter forgot his safety belt, which caused general laughter (not in the last place with Pieter himself).

-
Nice to see how they 'spread' the activities over the country, also in Limburg, Overijssel and Friesland and not only in the Randstad.

Last edited:
NL DOET (Formerly 'Make A Difference Day'): 2010-2017

Members of the RF will participate on NL DOET,formerly known as Make a Difference Day which will be this weekend march 18th and 19th.

It has not yet been made known who will do what and where but that will be announced soon enough.I'll keep you posted,and meanwhile,have you thought on how you can make a difference yet...?;):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason for the name change lucien? What does NL Doet mean?

NL= Nederland/Netherlands

DOET = DOES,NL-DOES,as in we don't talk,we act.

Suppose it was changed to make it sound more dutch instead of using english so it appeals to more people.:flowers:

http://www.nldoet.nl/nldoet/

Last edited:
Thanks lucien, that's what I thought it meant (the gist of NL Doet anyway).

So it was actually known as "Make a Difference Day" in the Netherlands? I always assumed that was just an English translation used for TRF. I can understand why they would want a Dutch name!

But it starts the 19th and finishes the 21st.
I, for example, will have a task on Sunday.

But it starts the 19th and finishes the 21st.
I, for example, will have a task on Sunday.

It should read 19th - 20th,you're right,as is clearly stated on the link to NL.DOET as posted above,I gave the wrong dates,sorry.:)

But always nice to hear it's extended ofcourse,good luck..;)

Last edited:
I changed the dates in the title. Thanks for clearing it up sjetajiem, & good luck on sunday!

The Royal Family will be out and about as a whole today,the whole Family will "pop-up" somewhere in the country
in a short while for some al fresco volunteer work.Thank goodness the weather gods are with us all today.

Reason for the Family to work as a whole today instead of members flocking all over the country is HM's Jubilee year,
the 30th year of Her Reign.

:flowers:

HM,TRH The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Prince Constantijn,Princess Laurentien,TH Prince Maurits,Prince Marilène,
Prince Bernhard,Princess Annette,Prince Floris and Princess Aimée have painted and/or repaired a playground in Nieuwegein.

The whole family had a lot of fun,all eleven of them,with paintbrush,hammer,drillmachine all of that.HM was "send off" by Constantijn to do a wallpainting

It is due to HM's jubille year that they decided to tackle one job with the whole family.:)

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2010/03/oranjes-hebben-lol-bij-het-klussen.html

courtesy hja

(The link includes a video of todays work...)

Last edited:
I loved seeing them all together, but I couldn't help but notice that Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita weren't there. Does anyone know why they weren't with the family?

"De Koningin, de Prins van Oranje, Prinses Máxima, Prins Constantijn, Prinses Laurentien, Prins Maurits, Prinses Marilène, Prins Bernhard, Prinses Annette, Prins Floris en Prinses Aimée hebben gezamenlijk speeltoestellen geverfd, reparatiewerkzaamheden verricht en buitenmuren en opslagruimtes opgeknapt."

Het Koninklijk Huis

There is no mention of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita.

Josette

Funny report by dear hja.

HM and Princess Annette got a scheme as to which colours the faded mural should have.
The Queen however had her very own ideas on what is natural and not,and painted
it differently and improving the whole thing in the process.
HM is,as you all know,an accomplished artist herself.

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Beatrix heeft eigen opvatting over schilderen

In english:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblo...ch-royal-family-lends-hand-in-playground.html

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=20-03-2010%20Nieuwegein

courtesy ppe
courtesy hja:)

Last edited:
NL.DOET has been a tremendous success with more projects and more volunteers then ever before.Over 150.000 volunteers have been working this past weekend!:flowers:

NL Doet 2011; March 18th-19th, 2011 (Formerly 'Make A Difference Day')

The NL Doet event will take place in the weekend of March 18th and 19th 2011.

Members of the Royal Family will tradionally participate in several events/happenings/work to do and by doing so emphasizing the importance of volunteers in many fields and organisations.In a relatively small country like ours here,out of 16.5 million people,3 million do a voluntary job somehow which ofcourse is a huge amount,but more are needed still.See if you all can squeeze in an extra few hours in your schedules,or maybe you can drop some other things from your schedules as they might turn out to be not all that important after all.Use your time wisely!:)

NL DOET - Home

On March 18th and 19th there will be another edition of 'Nederland Doet'. Members of the RF will probably participate.

NL DOET - Home

It is an initiative of the Orange fund. This year over 300.000 volunteers will; join in (compared to 150.000 last year).

Last edited:
It will be a suprise for everybody when and where the Royal Family will attend NL Doet! I am curious.

There are more volunteers for the NL.DOET event then ever before:300.000!Fantastic.:)

HM worked as a painter today,painting a large wall in pink at the Grote Broer Foundation,Nijmegen,while cousins Princes Pieter-Christiaan and Bernhard
replaced a ceiling and Princess Annette helped out aunt Beatrix.

The Grote Broer ( Big Brother-) Foundation provides art education like theater,circus and musicals for children.:flowers:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=15179951&pos=9

Courtesy Marcel Antonisse.

HM and her cousins at work.Like last year when HM and Princess Annette worked together as well.

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy ANP:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom