Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww that video is great. The little ones are all so cute, and they ski well.

It would be very cold. They should all be wearing hats: in particular The Little Princesses. Maybe they all removed their hats for the photographic session. It is not a good example to wander around inadequately clothed against the winter temperatures - attractive images, though.

Here are some more photos (type in lech dutch 2011) - This is a cute one.:flowers:

Last edited:
Amilia is turning out to be a beauitful little girl. Poor little prince, only boy in the 2nd generation of this family but very fun though

I can't believe how tall Amalia is getting! She's almost to her grandmother's shoulders! Time has definitely flown by.

Gorgeous family. I love the picture of the queen with her grandchildren.

Last edited:
It would be very cold. They should all be wearing hats: in particular The Little Princesses. Maybe they all removed their hats for the photographic session. It is not a good example to wander around inadequately clothed against the winter temperatures - attractive images, though.

Well, we left the day these pictuers were taken as our holidays were over, and it wasn´t cold at all - and in the sun and on the small pist they were for the pictures you can call it even "hot" for winterdays - at least 6 to 8 degrees and then the sun...
we were skiing this way too
today it´s snowing in Lech, finally. They will have lots of fun.

by the way, while skiing they use helmets, which are much warmer than hats. They just took them off for the pictures - and as I said, it was quite warm.

Last edited:
I like how natural the picture are, nothing over the top, not much posing & camera attention. I liked the one of Queen B with all her grandchildren, that was sweet.

Wonderful pictures, very grateful that the family always lets us share they holiday. Amalia is getting so big, she lost her front teeth, could anything be cuter. Beautiful children, isn't it funny HM had only boys and her boys almost had only girls. LOL

The first thing that comes off when you are hot is the hat. I rarely used hats growing up in snowy Sweden and still don't unless it is very cold. Most kids just pull them off as soon as possible, No harm done unless extremely cold, at which time most people would not be outside anyway. And by the way, all friends and siblings are still alive and with fully functioning brains despite the winterdays without hats.

Does the press ever take pictures of Her Majesty actually sking?

Does the press ever take pictures of Her Majesty actually skiing?

I noticed that as well.
In the video there are also no images of Queen Beatrix skiing.

:previous:

If I remember correctly, HM has had problems with her knee and she now has a knee prosthesis. That could be the reason/one of the reasons.

PR :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous:

If I remember correctly, HM has had problems with her knee and she now has a knee prosthesis. That could be the reason/one of the reasons.

PR :flowers:

No,not really,HM is skiing like she used too,her knees are OK after the op.
It is just most attention,if not all,goes to her children,their wives and ofcourse the grandchildren.HM used to be a competitive ski ace,but almost always coming in second,(sorry YM):p..after her sister Princess Irene who easily won time and time again,a real champ!There was
this sort of healthy rivalry in that department between the sisters,but that's long ago..:)

Thanks lucien, I didn't realise that the knees of the Queen are ok again. :D

Thank you Marengo for the clip.

Lech Holidays and Photo Session: February 18, 2013

February will see the annual wintersport holidays in Lech for the Royal Family,HRH Princess Mabel and her daughters will join the Family too as was just announced by the RVD.The Princess and her daughters will however not take part in the photoshoot on february 18th.

Good!

Last edited:
I can't belive it!!! They have strong nerve! I couldn't do it... Poor Mabel.. I don't understand why they go back to this location... Sad memories. I would cry every day and night there. :(

Probably because it is so rare to find a real home away from home when you are a Royal. Plus they live in palaces which have seen so much unhappiness during the past centuries, I doubt they are afraid of memories or ghosts.

I can't belive it!!! They have strong nerve! I couldn't do it... Poor Mabel.. I don't understand why they go back to this location... Sad memories. I would cry every day and night there. :(

Lech is like home for the family since at least 6 decades,not going there wouldn't change anything.The Family is very close-knitted,they will find comfort when they need that as they've always done.:)

Back
Top Bottom