Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxima seems a nice woman but she is the less royal of all crown princesses, she seems a clown, not a princess.

her daughter amalia is very pretty, but she should be more calm and well bahaved if she wants to be a good monarch. Princess Mathilde and her daughter Elizabeth are so different from these two always searching for attention, at least they have a regal way of life.

thank you.

WOW. Wonderful video:rolleyes:
Does anyone know if PMaxima spoke Dutch before, or she had to learn it when she maried?

I've only heard one other time Maxima speaking Dutch and it was when they were looking over all the gifts that came to the Palace after Amalia was born. I would think she would have to learn Dutch either before or upon marryin Whilem, like Mary had to learn Danish before marrying Frederik. It makes it easier to speak to the public and of course the family. I've heard Maxima speak before but I don't remember her voice being that low and husky before. Beautiful video though, Amalia is tooo cute!

Such great pictures! They are such a down-to-earth family. The princesses are so precious!

I just watched the video. Absolutely adorable! I think the photographers are just loving Amalia right now. She's so free with them (for now) and answers them with such gusto. I liked how all the photographers cooed when Amalia first kissed Alexia. And then Amalia did it like five more times (Alexia was starting to look a little uncomfortable :D).

Batatinha said:
Maxima seems a nice woman but she is the less royal of all crown princesses, she seems a clown, not a princess.

her daughter amalia is very pretty, but she should be more calm and well bahaved if she wants to be a good monarch. Princess Mathilde and her daughter Elizabeth are so different from these two always searching for attention, at least they have a regal way of life.

thank you.

Amalia is two! Plus, Amalia and Elisabeth are two very different children who are going to be monarchs of two different countries. BTW, isn't Elisabeth two years older than Amalia? (William was also a little troublemaker when he was a toddler, but look at him now....quiet and discreet) I think we should enjoy Amalia's personality right now. Chances are she might grow up to be quite different once she learns the true meaning of what it is to be a future Queen. Aren't all two year olds attention seekers?

ok... don't be shock, but i found these many many pictures from Bruno Press (and i mean really a lot... over 100 pictures). i'm gonna try to post them here just we have more pictures of this amazing photo session...

1st batch from bruno press

i realised some may be repeating photos, but, it's great to have them just to add to our collection...

ok, 2nd batch from bruno press

only Amalia with her darling little sister, Alexia....

10th batch from bruno press

This family is just so cute! Watching the video was such a delight. The way Amalia says Ja-ah over and over is hilarious.

The video is so beautiful. Amalia is such a cute and she looks so sweet kissing her little sister.

ceci said:
The video is so beautiful. Amalia is such a cute and she looks so sweet kissing her little sister.

indeed. you can just see how much love there is ibetween them. mathilde was right when at Alexia's baptism when she said her little goddaughter would grow up in a "warm family."

i am so thrilled with how much we get to see the little girls too. first all those olympic photos and now this. i think its a very good idea to get them used to the cameras and crowds at an early age being held safely in their parents arms.

missroyal said:
You don't want to miss this:

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artikelen/2006/2/26/index.html and then look for : Koninklijke familie op de foto in Lech
thanks for this video link, missroyal...

you're right.. it's something definitely not to be missed. i wish we could save it somehow.

Amalia is really really a little darling.. her laugh is so so cute.. and she keep saying "Ja" well that's the icing on the top. what a cute cute little girl. i hope Alexia will grow as bubbly like her too.

several captures from this NOS video :

Last edited:
Amelia is very bubly and happy little princess. She is not shy in front the camera at all. She make me laught with her anytime I see her picture.

Batatinha said:

thank you.

I think Maxima is a great royal princess and fit for the job of future queen. She has the charisma it takes. Being proper and unsmiling doesn't cut it anymore. Take a look at Queen Elizabeth II a good monarch but very few pictures of her smiling and being charismatic with her people. Mathilde and her daughter charming royals by the way. And for princess Amalia she is a wonderful kid. She steals everyone's heart.

OMG Máxima's voice i thought she had a sweet voice not that deep! :O
Anyway, the girls are sooo sweet! and Amalia is hilarious! :)

What did Amalia babble in the beginning of the video? She's such a confident, cute little kid.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Thanks for the video! Amalia is really such a cute and alert little girl! Funny how she says Jaaaaa every time the photographers call her name. Like saying "what do you want now?" :)
I thought that was pretty cute of Amalia, too! "Jaaaaa!" "Jaaaaa!" I could hear the photographers repeating it over and over again!

Very cute video! It looks like Amalia has inherited her mom's natural exuberance!

Does anyone know how I might be able to save this clip on my computer?

HRHAmy said:
I've only heard one other time Maxima speaking Dutch and it was when they were looking over all the gifts that came to the Palace after Amalia was born. I would think she would have to learn Dutch either before or upon marryin Whilem, like Mary had to learn Danish before marrying Frederik. It makes it easier to speak to the public and of course the family. I've heard Maxima speak before but I don't remember her voice being that low and husky before. Beautiful video though, Amalia is tooo cute!

She learned it before her engagement. When the engagement was announced she was able to talk to the press fluently (and about sensitive issues, like her father). Of course her dutch has improved since those days, she doesn't have to 'search' for the right words anymore and she lost a part of her accent (not completely though, which isn't necessairy IMO)

Back
Top Bottom