Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will also be the families last time to holiday together before the big ceremonies on April 30th.

I am surprised that they Are all returning after what happened but I guess they want to return to normal as much as possible, and lech has been part of their lives for a while. maybe the fact of returning helps them assimilate what happened and move on.

I can't belive it!!! They have strong nerve! I couldn't do it... Poor Mabel.. I don't understand why they go back to this location... Sad memories. I would cry every day and night there. :(

I sooo agree with you ,,, they really shocked me !!!!! ,,,, But no one can knows what inside every human maybe they have reason to be there , might be too they would like to be in Last place Prince Friso was in " hope not last " ! ,, They are fun of lech & in same time this place held many memories for them , the good ones & the bad .

Last edited:
I sooo agree with you ,,, they really shocked me !!!!! ,,,, But no one can knows what inside every human maybe they have reason to be there , might be too they would like to be in Last place Prince Friso was in " hope not last " ! ,, They are fun of lech & in same time this place held many memories for them , the good ones & the bad .

True,the good ones and bad.You always have to face reality,whereever you are,and you can always make the best of it,whereever you are.Always.It's been their home from home in the winter break for 6 decades,it is home to them.It is good,it will comfort and enable to cope.

How can they return there ? I can't believe or understand it !

The Moosberger Family of the Post Hotel are friends of the royal family.
Their son Florian was with Friso when the accident happened.
I can understand that they all want to be together one year later.

I think the return to Lech helps the whole family to come to terms with Friso's accident. I can totally understand that they want to return to Lech, what's more the families are friends for many years. But I too think it is really brave of Mabel to come back with the girls. Remarkable woman just like her mother-in-law.

HM Queen Beatrix has arrived in Lech,the other members of the Royal Family will arrive later in this week.:)

Maxima still has an engagement on the 14th (thrusday), so she and her family will go after, probably friday.

Maxima still has an engagement on the 14th (thrusday), so she and her family will go after, probably friday.

HRH Prince Constantijn and his family are already there too,in Belgium there are different schedules for the school holidays.
Constantijn and Laurentien live and work in Brussels.:)

HM Queen Beatrix has arrived in Lech,the other members of the Royal Family will arrive later in this week.:)

Is There pics ? ,, Like to see their faces impressions ,, I guess it would be Very difficult for them to being there again !! ,, I guess Every moment will remind them in something ,, Ohh my this is not easy at all ,, May God help them :ermm:

Is There pics ? ,, Like to see their faces impressions ,, I guess it would be Very difficult for them to being there again !! ,, I guess Every moment will remind them in something ,, Ohh my this is not easy at all ,, May God help them :ermm:

No Sheika Deena,no pics as it is strictly private.Pics will only be taken on february 18th during the photo-call.Also,the media are kindly requested to refrain from taking pics as Princess Mabel and other Members of the RF will attend the special commemorative Holy Mass in honour of Prince Friso at the Sankt Nikolaus church in Lech this sunday february 17th as it will be exactly one year to the day since the accident.

Not easy,no,but the warmth,comfort and respect,and discretion,of the friends in- and the people of Lech plus their all being together will help surely I think.

Last edited:
i think going to Lech is a good decision, the place holds so many warm memories to them.
to what happened to Friso, i dont think that avoiding Lech is the right solution to end one heart's saddness, instead they face up the tragidy that happened one year ago and with that they will be able to go on without running away.

i always say to face up your troubles instead of running away. running away is no solution at all, as if Friso would wake up if they werent there.

i admire them so much and cant wait to see pictures in the photosession! the holy mass is such a great honour too.

Lech is like home for the family since at least 6 decades,not going there wouldn't change anything.The Family is very close-knitted,they will find comfort when they need that as they've always done.:)
Good point. Besides if they were to not return Lech would forever be remembered for the place where Prince Friso was injured. Next year there will be a new royal couple and if they want to change the place for winter vacation that will be a better time to do so.

Máxima, Willem-Alexander and the girls departed from Amsterdam train station to their winter holidays today, February 15:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

nice pictures of the family!!! Ariane front hair got longer and now she has bangs/fringe from that little adventurous cut she had herself last December^^

Máxima, Willem-Alexander and the girls departed from Amsterdam train station to their winter holidays today, February 15:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Wonderfull!!An old tradition,new life!

In the 50's,60'and 70's Queen Juliana and the then Royal Family always went on winter holidays to Lech by train.This evening from Amsterdam via the Royal Waitingroom here,but in the old days the train left from Baarn station,close to Soestdijk Palace.There are pics around that show the then young Princesses doing their school homework on the train too and as of the mid 60´s we´ve seen the boys grow up each year from pics prior to departure from the Royal waitingroom (still-) in Baarn.:)

NS Koninklijke Wachtkamers

Last edited:
ohh i didnt know the train was an old tradition of the winter holidays to Lech!
its always nice to revive traditions^^

Nice to see that they are using the royal train for their travel.

lovely photos, i would like to see the train inside!!!! wishing them a happy holiday1

Does the Queen travel by train as well? do they travel yearly by train?

How long do they travel with the train to Lech? One day?

I've always liked the Dutch Princess's outifts, I remember saying they have the 'smart but casual look' in an earlier post I made; and I still agree today. They're so cute, I'm looking forward to the photo session, thank you everyone who posted the pictures. :flowers:

Does anyone know if Constantijin, Laurentien and their children will attend Lech too?

:previous: It can take up to 8-9 hours.

More,it´s over 14 hours from Amsterdam.
Amsterdam-Munich alone is 12 hours by night train,
and this is a stretch further..:)...

And everybody is in Lech now since yesterday HeriditaryPrincess...:)

Last edited:
Does the Queen travel by train as well? do they travel yearly by train?

During the Reign of Queen Beatrix the train wasn´t used so much at all,occasionally on Queensdays or specific visits.But before,throughout Queen Juliana´s Reign the train was in use much more often and especially when the whole family,grandmama,grandpapa their daughters and eventually the grandchildren,went to Lech for the winter holidays.

Alexander now lets his daughters experience what it´s like to travel by train that distance just like he had.Old tradition,new life,I hope he will make use of the train more often during his Reign.

More,it´s over 14 hours from Amsterdam.
Amsterdam-Munich alone is 12 hours by night train,
and this is a stretch further..:)...

And everybody is in Lech now since yesterday HeriditaryPrincess...:)

I don't think they travel via Munich, as the route along the Rhine and then through the Arlberg-tunnel is much faster.

It's either this way or up the Rhine to Mannheim, then the High-Speed-way to Stuttgart-Ulm, then down to Lindau at the Lake of Constance and up the Rhine again till the Arlberg-railroad begins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom