The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

isifa picture gallery. some beautiful pictures, not seen posted by other agencies

this is an adorable picture

Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81
The children are so beautiful. I really love C-A, she seems to have such a great personality. I love the picture of her and Eloise together. Can someone tell me what the age difference is?
Countess Eloise was born in 2002 so that makes her a year older than Amalia.

Lovely, lovely pics! Thanks, everyone.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Claus Casimir must feel very lonely in all these girls I really hope for a boy for Maxima for him to play with
What a lovely family, it is a joy to see !
Old 02-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem
I also watched the video and I noticed that when Alexia fell in to the snow and cry very laudly , Amalia put her finger in the snow to understand what happened to her little sister. I find it very very cute. I think Amalia is very lovely elder sister for Alexia
There is amazement about the attention poor Alexia got because she cryed according to HJA on his Royalblog.Imagine,a one and a half year old,trying to stay put in the slippery deep snow,with 30+ press people in front of your nose with camera's,falling over and then being the "subject" of conversations all over the world.Germany's largest daily newspaper had a pic of the "crying Princess" on it's front cover yesterday,poor Alexia.

Like her daddy explained grinning;"she laughs abundantly and she cries abundantly,there's no in between for her,as you can hear...."

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy HJA.

And some more:

www.royalportraits.nl - Fotosession Lech

Courtesy Royalportraits.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Serene Highness

What incredible sweet children Amalia and Alexia are. Poor Alexia, but who can blaim her with all the press attention and her hands so freezing cold. I thought it was so sweet how she kept calling for her mommy. I didn't know Amalia was called Ama in family, it's kind of cute. Maxima is amazing, I just love the way she keeps talking spanish to the girls with all the dutch press watching them. It was sure nice to see Constantin and Laurentin and the kids as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Heaps of pics from Bruno Press
Type "Queen Beatrix" into the search box
Old 02-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sadly I am still having internet problems, but what a nice pictures on my arrival back here :) Eloise and Catharina-Amalia seem to be best friends, as one of the royals commented (I believe it was Maxima).

A pity that Friso, Mabel and their daughters weren't included (I love little Luana). I wonder if they were in Lech to or if they did not join the rest of the family there.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Royal Highness

they all look such a happy family !! really like Maxima she is so full of life !
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneGirl
they weren't speaking in english to them, only in dutch and spanish. when máxima said "mama is here" to alexia, she actually said "mama is hier", which can sound like mama's here if you're not paying close attention

they said so themselves that they'll raise their daughters dutch and spanish. they'll learn english when they get older. :)
but she said "mama is here, i'm right here" surely that is all in english and not dutch.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie
but she said "mama is here, i'm right here" surely that is all in english and not dutch.
Indeed, she spoke Spanish, English and Dutch to her little Princesses. I have not heard Prince Willem-Alexander saying anything against the kids:
he was just glowing and beaming with a smile from ear to ear.

Fatherly pride, I think.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:12 AM

I actually thought she was speaking dutch. I don't hear " I'm right here", i'm probably just deaf RTL Boulevard video (with short interview!):
12-02: Peter doet verslag uit Lech
Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Thank you for all the photos.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Majesty

beautiful photos! the orange children look cuter everyday. i have the impression they will be really close in the future.

alexia seemed to be tired or hungry, catharina seems to be getting used to cameras... she acts so naturally! i loved maxima's boots this time and specially the fact of her talking to the girls in dutch, spanish and english :) it's so good that they learn from their early life three languages...

can anyone tell us what maxima and willem tell the cameramen at the end of the NOS video?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
These pictures more or less show the new Royal House after the accession of Prince Willem-Alexander. The Act on the membership of the Royal House says: those who are in the line of succession and are no furtherer related to the King than two degrees of consanguity. The pictures already gives a hint:

0 HM The King
- HRH The Princess of the Netherlands (or: HM Queen Máxima)

1 HRH The Princess of Orange (Princess Catharina-Amalia)
1 HRH Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
1 HRH Prince(ss) .... of the Netherlands

1 HRH Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands

2 HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
- HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands

------------------------------------------------------

3 HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands*
- Professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven

* On base of the Act she would loose her membership of the Royal House because she is too far related to the King, but out of benevolence for her role she is allowed to remain a member of the House for life.
i didn't know the queen would be addressed as princess beatrix if she abdicates... wouldn't she be allowed to be refered as the queen mother or something like that? princess seems such a low title after being queen and after the work that the queen does!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

Standing practice formalized

Queen Wilhelmina reigned for 58 years and after her abdication in 1948 she requested her daughter for permission 'to retain to the title I was known with before the kingship'. So she became 'Her Royal Highness Princess Wilhelmina of the Netherlands'.

When her daughter Queen Juliana abdicated in 1980, she made known she wanted to follow into her mother's footsteps. So she became 'Her Royal Highness Princess Juliana of the Netherlands'.

In the Act of 2002 this standing practice was formalized. After an abdication Queen Beatrix will retain to the style she was known before the kingship and will become 'Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands'.

This also means that when King Willem IV Alexander abdicates for his daughter, he will retain to the style he had before the kingship and become 'His Royal Highness Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands'.

'Queen-Mother' is no option for the government because:
- the 'King' or the 'Queen' is exclusively the head of state (therefore the desire not to make Máxima Queen)
- this is never used for a former reigning Sovereign
- what about Willem-Alexander: will he become 'King-Father'?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There is amazement about the attention poor Alexia got because she cryed according to HJA on his Royalblog.Imagine,a one and a half year old,trying to stay put in the slippery deep snow,with 30+ press people in front of your nose with camera's,falling over and then being the "subject" of conversations all over the world.Germany's largest daily newspaper had a pic of the "crying Princess" on it's front cover yesterday,poor Alexia.
That is kinda sad it isn't her fault. She fell over and it was upsetting. I'm sure if W-A and Maxima had left her there standing crying the press would have had a problem with that too. Better to lift her and comfort her than leave her crying in front of the world's media
Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie
no she didn't, or I'm deaf! I really don't think she said that, I even checked twice before responding! you tell me when you heard her saying I'm right here in the video..
seriously I didn;t hear a word of english. except when someone shouted the word party to stop alexia from crying, lol
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Indeed, she spoke Spanish, English and Dutch to her little Princesses. I have not heard Prince Willem-Alexander saying anything against the kids:
he was just glowing and beaming with a smile from ear to ear.

Fatherly pride, I think.

no she didnt. and Willem-Alexander did say some stuff! go watch the video again..
Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

No English was spoken. Maxima spoke spanish with the girls, and said Mommy is here in Dutch not English. I just love it when she speaks spanish with the girls. Especially when she asked Alexia if she wanted to go 'abajo con Ama'. So cute
Old 02-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissnl
I actually thought she was speaking dutch. I don't hear " I'm right here", i'm probably just deaf RTL Boulevard video (with short interview!):
12-02: Peter doet verslag uit Lech
yay, someone with ears :P and thanks for the link :)

Tags
austria, count claus-casimir, countess eloise, countess leonore, crown prince willem-alexander, lech, maxima, photo session, photo shoot, prince constantijn, prince willem-alexander, princess alexia, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess laurentien, princess maxima, queen beatrix, willem-alexander, winter holiday