Koningsdag 2014-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Willem-Alexander celebrates his 48th birthday today! Fortunately, he may this year or just celebrate King's. At 11.00 hours the royal family to see directly on TV during their visit to Dordrecht.

King Willem-Alexander 48 years

WATCH LIVE: King's Day 2015

RVD has a photo released by the Royal family just before departure to Dordrecht. They pose, just like last year, the front door of Eikenhorst:

Royal family ready for King's

Last edited by a moderator:
G-d bless Q-Max and her crazy hats

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince Floris and Princess Aimée were absent. Princess Aimée's father passed away last Friday.

There were scenes of jubilation in the Dutch city of Dordrecht today, as flag-waving locals turned out to welcome King Willem-Alexander and his glamorous wife Maxima today.
The visit, which kicked off with a pageant aboard a flotilla of boats on the local canal, was part of Willem-Alexander's 48th birthday celebrations.
Koningsdag - or King's Day - is a public holiday in the Netherlands and is traditionally marked with a royal procession either in the capital Amsterdam or in one of the country's major cities.

Willem-Alexander and his wife, Maxima, celebrate his birthday | Daily Mail Online

King Willem-Alexander celebrates his 48th birthday today! Fortunately, he may this year or just celebrate King's. At 11.00 hours the royal family to see directly on TV during their visit to Dordrecht.

King Willem-Alexander 48 years
Koningin Máxima danst in Dordrecht|Binnenland| Telegraaf.nl
here is a link to various videos of the Dutch Royal Family's performance in Dordrecht today in the context of Kings Day. Queen Maxima danced to a popular Dutch hit, the King made a speech calling for audience participation and the various cousins, notably Prince Maurits, caused female hearts to flutter as he kissed his way through the crowds:flowers::lol:

The king and queen dancing in Amsterdam ;): Koningspaar danst de tango op gevel café De Blaffende Vis - AMSTERDAM CENTRUM - PAROOL
On the same song apparently.

Nice that princess Anita and prince Pieter Christiaan were there, as their attendance was not announced. I think it was also a good idea to keep the van Vollenhovens there. The three young princesses behaved very well.

It must be odd for the older generation to be free on this day, for the first time in 7 decades for the princess Beatrix and Princess Margriet and the first time in 5 decades for Pieter van Vollenhoven. I wonder if they watched the broadcast together or possibly with their (other) grandchildren. I beleive that in the old days the family would gather at Soestdijk afterwards.

====
The day on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBeGMkkbjdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7LPjatlipE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5UBBNQNsJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_562am6tNo

Apparently the programme ran 1 hour late. There are mixed reactions about this new style kings day. The royals seem more distant than usual. But still not as distant as some feared. Also, there is more attention for local businesses to make the day more profitable for the organising city.

Last edited:
Thank you to all who provided links. Does Amalia have braces on her upper teeth?

It seems that a repeated head movement of Pss Alexia has been the most memorable thing about last Kings Day. My spinning teacher was still talking about it this morning (at 7 AM! :wacko:)

Several 'news' websites made a blog about it, the twitter community debated it. the sympathetic ones compared her to the naughty Pipi Longstocking, the less sympathetic ones compared it to Gilles de la Tourette.

https://twitter.com/search?q=prinses Alexia&src=typd

One twitter follower wonders if the hair may be too tight, which may be a reasonable explanation as it is the first time we have seen this 'tic' on the princess and she has never shown it at previous occassions.

Another issue was apparently that one of the singers referred to 'Willem' and not to ''king' or something more majestic.

Last edited:
It seems that a repeated head movement of Pss Alexia has been the most memorable thing about last Kings Day. My spinning teacher was still talking about it this morning (at 7 AM! :wacko:)

Several 'news' websites made a blog about it, the twitter community debated it. the sympathetic ones compared her to the naughty Pipi Longstocking, the less sympathetic ones compared it to Gilles de la Tourette.

https://twitter.com/search?q=prinses Alexia&src=typd

One twitter follower wonders if the hair may be too tight, which may be a reasonable explanation as it is the first time we have seen this 'tic' on the princess and she has never shown it at previous occassions.

Another issue was apparently that one of the singers referred to 'Willem' and not to ''king' or something more majestic.

That was Nielson, who apparently had the feeling that the usage of 'Willem' did not sit too well with Willem-Alexander. Which, if true, would IMO be a bit weird since Willem-Alexander himself said - pre-inauguration - that he is no protocol fetishist and people may call him how they want because that makes them feel at ease.

Koningsdag 2016, Zwolle

Koningsdag 2016

Willem-Alexander_zps40f46116.png

Arms of the Dutch Royal House

The RVD has announced that Koningsdag in 2016 will be held in Zwolle.

Last edited:
Its strange to see Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven without his wife.

IMO, its a weird turn out for the royals, I mean Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven without his wife, no other members of the family.

The inside of the concert looks lovely.

:previous:

At the 'King's games' the queen said that Princess Alexia was looking forward tot he day, so her leg must be cured enough to participate.

--
And to start of this day: since 1997 café 'de blaffende vis' in the Jordaan, Amsterdam, covers the whole facade of their building with a funny photo shopped image of a member of the RF. This year they have Princess Amalia, dressed up as snow white. She looks in the mirror and sees her grandmother. The text says 'nettrix' (in the letter type of the netflix logo), which means 'just like (bea)trix). The king, queen and Pieter van Vollenhoven are 3 of the 7 dwarfs.

Amalia als Sneeuwwitje op gevel Blaffende Vis - Amsterdam - PAROOL

The live broadcast just started, you can follow it here: http://www.npo.nl/live/npo-1

The weather is not as bad as was feared.

Last edited:
The weather is HORRIBLE in the south. Hopefully they'll have little rain over the course of the day.

I saw it for the first time in I-don't-remember-how-long as I usually go abroad during the day.

The family are all good sports for being cheerful, despite being forced to listen to one atrocious amateur choir after another and take selfies with hurds of hysterical children. The three young princesses were rather prominantly in view. They even shortly spoke to the press. Princess Amalia's outgoing personality will be a great asset to her in this role. All three of them seemed rather at ease and relaxed while taking to so many people in the public.

Both Mrs. van Karnebeek, the lady-in-waiting as Hansje Görtz, the nanny of the princesses, were more royally dressed than the five older princesses, who all went hat-less.

The reporter of the NOS seemed a bit too familiar. She was using 'je' and 'jij' instead of the formal 'u' and she even asked about the underwear of the royals.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the updates and the photos. Glad to see that the cousins are still participating in King's Day though I'm not surprised to see that the AAA team is prominent today. It does look very windy today.

Back
Top Bottom