Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was with all the pink, seriously. Can one of our Dutch members explain? I've never seen such a concentrated effort for one color at Queens Day before. The Queen, Anita, Maxima, Margriet and Laurentien were all in pink of one fashion or another. Was there some special significance?

On another note, leave it to Mabel not to do what the others do just to stick out it seems. Her clothing choices nearly always make her the center of attention!

I guess all the princesses woke up thinking: Let's put on a bright pink dress this Queensdag!!
Maybe they just thought it would be nice to coordinate the colour of their dresses with each other for a change, they voted and pink came out as winning colour! :lol: :lol:

Why do they dance the salsa?

Each town they go to organises different activities for the members of the royal family to participate at. The Queen was invited to dance the salsa which she did, Willem and Maxima went iceskating etc.

What was with all the pink, seriously. Can one of our Dutch members explain? I've never seen such a concentrated effort for one color at Queens Day before. The Queen, Anita, Maxima, Margriet and Laurentien were all in pink of one fashion or another. Was there some special significance?

On another note, leave it to Mabel not to do what the others do just to stick out it seems. Her clothing choices nearly always make her the center of attention!

I hate to disagree, but Mabel only stuck out because her outfit was so subdued compared to the others. She wore a black skirt and a white jacket with black trim. Only her shoes stood out and they were really different and trendy, but they weren't in a bright color and didn't scream "Look at me!"
For once, Mabel looked great compared to the others.
I only criticize Laurentien --- she always seems to try to upstage Maxima.
Maxima wore a hat - none of the others wore hats except for the Queen (who always wears a hat) and Laurentien.
Laurentien tries too hard and it shows.

I liked Laurentiens outfit more than I liked that of Maxima, with the exception of the hat!

i think Laurentin was a desaster, it does not go with her and make her to look fat that dress, the hat awfull, i think she want to outstage maxima!

Koninginnedag made it into today's edition of the Herald Sun :) There was a nice picture of Queen Beatrix salsa dancing, accompanied by a short caption explaining what and why

Pictures by BUNTE:

http://i.bunte.de/img/HBH4BtCA.jpg
http://i.bunte.de/img/HBBg3U0O.jpg
http://i.bunte.de/img/HBbSvyB9.jpg
http://i.bunte.de/img/HB2G3jMm.jpg

Btw: Why does everyone think Laurentien tries to outstage Máxima?
Look at her solo-engagements! She always looks like that; also when Máxima isn't near. :D
That's just her very own style.
I have to say: I quite liked her hat! Cannot be compared with Máxima's at all.

To me Máxima looked quite Laurentien-ish this time (style-wise). Usually it's Laurentien and Mabel who wear the "OMG; look at that color!"-outfits.

Last edited:
Many thanks for all those pics. I loved every bit of it and I am not bothered by too pink dresses or ugly hats because the pictures reflect so much joy of everybody involved and an affirmation for the DRF and the monarchy that could other countries only dream of.

i was wondering at what age the kids start to go to the queensday, I was thinking about Maxima's kids, I wonder if they see this on TV? I pressueme it is a lot of bodyguards for them and it would be more if the little kids would be involve, I suppose it is a metter of security for the young royals!

Pictures by BUNTE:

Btw: Why does everyone think Laurentien tries to outstage Máxima?
Look at her solo-engagements! She always looks like that; also when Máxima isn't near. :D
That's just her very own style.
I have to say: I quite liked her hat! Cannot be compared with Máxima's at all.

To me Máxima looked quite Laurentien-ish this time (style-wise). Usually it's Laurentien and Mabel who wear the "OMG; look at that color!"-outfits.

I remember when Maxima just came into the picture maybe just before Laurentien's wedding (I think) that all the dutch tabloids wrote about Laurentien being jealous of Maxima for all the attention she was given, also for totally overshadowing her. Maybe somebody has some old tabloid laying around somewhere? but I remember they writing even that Laurentien hated Maxima for it. Obviously, it's just tabloids which usually make up lots of crap and nonsence, but that's what I remember. Maybe that's why everyone thinks Laurentien tries to outshine Maxima, or to prove that she's just as good/ popular as her sister-in-law? I don't know really, I don't really see it, it seems to me that all the present princesses all try their best to be as enthusiastic and happy as possible during this day!

I remember when Maxima just came into the picture maybe just before Laurentien's wedding (I think) that all the dutch tabloids wrote about Laurentien being jealous of Maxima for all the attention she was given, also for totally overshadowing her. Maybe somebody has some old tabloid laying around somewhere? but I remember they writing even that Laurentien hated Maxima for it. Obviously, it's just tabloids which usually make up lots of crap and nonsence, but that's what I remember. Maybe that's why everyone thinks Laurentien tries to outshine Maxima, or to prove that she's just as good/ popular as her sister-in-law? I don't know really, I don't really see it, it seems to me that all the present princesses all try their best to be as enthusiastic and happy as possible during this day!
:flowers:the reality is that she is a southamerican girl who won the harts of everybody, she is very popular and i would be not surprise that it is a little bit of jelousy, they probably didn't expect her big succes as a princess. she brought popularity to the royal inholland not being born royal or dutch so there are not doubt that she is a very clever woman and that she did a fantastci job so far, so i bet it is some jelousy from laurentin and the others!

i was wondering at what age the kids start to go to the queensday
I hope soon.

When Juliana was Queen the kids used to take part in Koninginnedag right from the beginning.
Beatrix changed the way the Royals celebrate Koniginnedag.. anyway it would have been nice to see the Kids along with their parents the way it has been during the reign of Juliana as well.

About the Laurentien-being-jelous-of-Máxima-thing.
I think this is all just a big hoax by the press. A thing in people's heads...
It's the same with Mary and Marie, Mary and Letizia, and so on and so on. ;)

I hope soon.

When Juliana was Queen the kids used to take part in Koninginnedag right from the beginning.
Beatrix changed the way the Royals celebrate Koniginnedag.. anyway it would have been nice to see the Kids along with their parents the way it has been during the reign of Juliana as well.

About the Laurentien-being-jelous-of-Máxima-thing.
I think this is all just a big hoax by the press. A thing in people's heads...
It's the same with Mary and Marie, Mary and Letizia, and so on and so on. ;)

The children will never participate in this setting.Remember with Queen Juliana it was a defilé at the Palace,now they would have to walk/play and what not for hours in a pace too exhausting for children with ten's of thousands screaming their names from the top of their lungs.
It doesn't make sense.

The so-called Máxima _ Laurentien thing?

There isn't and never was such a thing.Contrary,both get along wonderfull,in fact,all three of HM daughter-in-laws get along great,they really do.An absolute hoax,rubbish,bogus story.But it sells.

A selfmade photo from princess Laurentien :) Home

laurentiench2.jpg

Great pic,it has a naughty/playfull/friendly quality something.
:flowers:

I was in Makkum and Franeker that day, and it was very nice!
I had a small talk with princess Laurentien and princess Aimee.
Both princesses are very nice!
I maked more than 120 pictures, it was difficult to make a selection.
Here a nice picture (from my site) of princess Anita en princess Aimee, they pose for me!
prinses_aimee_en_prinses_anita.jpg

And a nice picture of prince Floris and princess Aimee, they also pose for me!
prins_floris_en_prinses_aimee.jpg

And a nice picture of princess Maxima.
prinses_maxima.jpg

You can see more self-made pictures of this day on my site!

Super!Just geweldige foto's,thank you!:flowers:

thank you so much for your photos Royalfotograaf, you're so lucky! Princess Anita looks so pretty in your photos. ;)

Great self-made pictures everyone! The pictures are lovely and everybody looks great!

Koninginnedag 2009, Apeldoorn

The Royal Family will celebrate on April 30th the Koninginnedag (Queen's Day) in Apeldoorn in Gelderland, by invitation of the Mayor G.J. de Graaf.

This is the fourth time that the Royal Family celebrate the Queen's Day in Gelderland. In 1983 (Vaassen and Lochem), in 1991 (Buren, Culemborg) and in 1998 (Doesburg, Zutphen).

Het Koninklijk Huis

Previous ones:
Koninginnedag 2008
Koninginnedag 2007
Koninginnedag 2006
Koninginnedag 2005
Koninginnedag 2004
Koninginnedag 2003
Koninginnedag 2002

Last edited:
Date of April 30 this year, I'm waiting impatiently.
I'll be able to watch the ceremony and the beautiful still frames. I wish I could be my chance to see. Already the Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Princess of wonder.​

Does anyone know if the entire family is expected to attend this year?

Does anyone know if the entire family is expected to attend this year?

Yes,HM and her sons + in-laws and the entire Apeldoorn branche.It will be a very special celebration too this year as we commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of HM Queen Juliana,and the 70th birthday of dearest Pieter van Vollenhoven on the very same day.

The city of Apeldoorn expects over a 100.000 extra spectators.The RF,and all of us....:rolleyes:...,will be entertained in the city center and then all will go to Het Loo Palace by carriages.HM has specially choosen Apeldoorn as Het Loo Palace was the childhood home of Juliana,and to honour her brother-in-law Pieter.Princess Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn in a huge bungalow adjacent to the Palace park.

Don't expect any of the grandchildren to appear,they are way too young to be amidst hundreds of thousands of yelling,screaming & singing people staring at them.They'll have many more years ahead of 'm where they can get used to that.Only one who maybe can not join all of the time will be Princess Aimée who expects her second child early july and it differs from one to the other of how 7 months can cope ofcourse.Not that I'm an expert...it just crossed my mind...But it is going to be huge,the celebration that is......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom