Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Maxima wearing. That style of jacket does nothing at all for that dress. Good grief! And let's not talk about the brown shoes.

And the back of the Queens hat... oh my.

hahaha, yes the back of the Queens had is marvelous isn't it! I was quite shocked when I saw it, while the front looks quite nice! I have to agree with you on Maxima's jacket as well, it seems to be made for somebody with much more weight, it does absolutely nothing for her figure! The skirt is really nice though!
I think of everyone I've seen I like Aimee's outfit best, she looks incredibly elegent. Margriet looks elegent as always, and Mabel looks ok for a change although the skirt is a bit too short IMO.

So much pink! I loved Mabel's shoes too; they went well with her outfit.

I think I'll mark that day in my calendar and write a little note:
"The day when Mabel was the best dressed Dutch Princess".
Doesn't happen too often, does it?
She didn't look trashy, or shiny; just pretty, IMO.
And: I also like that shoes. They are special. Quite cool! ;)
I also love Aimée's outfit. She always looks elegant.

I have to say Prince Floris and Princess Aimee look so adorable! Really well coordinated

According to RTL boulevard there was much more security then in previous years. In Franeker they were looking for a man with an arabic name (for nothing, as later appeared) AND there was a lady holding a poster 'I am Marie, the daughter of Prince Claus'. According to Marc van der Linden the woman has said this for years but it is totally bogus and the woman is mentally unstable but sweet.

Other comments: the lady-in-waiting came back several times to urge the royals in the back to hurry up and catch up with HM. Another thing is that not many things happened spontaniously; it is decided long before who will skate, who will dance, who will... etc. which is needed. For example Máxima didn't dance the salsa as that was the moment of the Queen.

According to RTL boulevard there was much more security then in previous years. In Franeker they were looking for a man with an arabic name (for nothing, as later appeared) AND there was a lady holding a poster 'I am Marie, the daughter of Prince Claus'. According to Marc van der Linden the woman has said this for years but it is totally bogus and the woman is mentally unstable but sweet.

Other comments: the lady-in-waiting came back several times to urge the royals in the back to hurry up and catch up with HM. Another thing is that not many things happened spontaniously; it is decided long before who will skate, who will dance, who will... etc. which is needed. For example Máxima didn't dance the salsa as that was the moment of the Queen.

Seriously, they decide beforehand who will do what? I had no idea, really thought it was decided on the spot spontaniously. Wow, that's good to know. They sure seem to be spontanious, but I guess that's just the enthusiasm they all show :flowers:

Well, that is what the gossip-journalist said, which seems logical. If all the princes and princesses decided to go skating it would delay the programme over there too much and other demonstrations would receive less attention. The royals are still spontanious when they join in these things of course, apart from poor Friso of course, who looks so unhappy. Mabel did her best to cheer him up, but to no avail.

i am sure it is plenty of ladys in waiting, and body guards, always can be a crazy one out there! and all of them they look marvellous, so probably the have their re-touch hair and make up!

Well, that is what the gossip-journalist said, which seems logical. If all the princes and princesses decided to go skating it would delay the programme over there too much and other demonstrations would receive less attention. The royals are still spontanious when they join in these things of course, apart from poor Friso of course, who looks so unhappy. Mabel did her best to cheer him up, but to no avail.

haha, yes I've noticed that, poor Firso ;) Has Friso always attended even though he clearly hates these things, or is it since his wedding to Mabel that he's attending again? Too bad Mabel couldn't give him a bit of her enthusiasm to her husband. He makes me laugh though, he stays himself no matter what, he doesn't even try to pretend to enjoy himself :lol:

I think he skipped one or two before he married Mabel, but he was usually around. He obviously doesn't enjoy it, which is his good right, and it clearly shows. As he is the spitting image of one of my uncles I usually have to laugh about him anyway.

Is there something special about the bright pink color both Princesses Maxima and Laurentien are wearing?

Ok, so let me get this straight, Maxima somehow managed to cook, skate and play, was blindfolded, bent to the littlies level ALL while wearing a relatively tight skirt (for the some of those activities at least!) and dangly earrings???!!
She's superwoman!

I cant even begin to imagine how to do that!

Well Done Maxima!!! :flowers:

Is there something special about the bright pink color both Princesses Maxima and Laurentien are wearing?

No,nothing special,just pink,such a lovely bright and gay colour...;)

What a fashion day!
The Queen looked like the Queen always does except for that weird rug-like poncho thing which she slung across her body ... oh well ...
Maxima: The too-tight skirt didn't go with the too-big jacket and the ugly
shoes. Maxima looked very uncomfortable in her outfit. And the hat,
well, I won't even go there.
Laurentien: She looked like she was going to a ladies tea or garden party
And why does she always perform the crazy gymnastics - in
her bare feet! Always trying to draw attention to herself as
usual -
Maxima and Laurentien: Ditch the dumb-looking hats
Mabel: Looked wonderful. Simple ouitfit (skirt a bit too short) complete with
amazing shoes with very high heels - how did she manage?
It was windy and her hair was blowing all over the place and
she looked relaxed and like she was having a great time
Thank goodness, she has ditched the dark, goth-like lipstick
The other princesses all looked wonderful - I loved the one yellow outfit.

Aimee and......Mabel looked the best.

Looks like a very fun celebration!!! :D

And colorful too :whistling:

yes, i agree mabel very classy although short skirt, mrvellous shoes!

Fashion-wise there was too much pink. If they can coordinate what each person is going to do during the celebrations one would think they could coordinate the color they plan on wearing. Maxima's outfit looked okay if this is all you saw of it ANP Beeldbank. But once you saw the full view, it was a thumbs down, imo.

My favorite outfits of the day were worn by the Queen, Aimee, and Mabel. Margriet looked nice as well.

Okay, now that my eyes have had a chance to readjust....:eek: What was with the pink? And not baby pink, or just pink, but neon pink. I think one princess in that would have been enough, but two is just wrong! Don't they coordinate these things? :ermm: I know that Koninginnedag isn't about the fashion, it's about the country and the Oranjes, but still, too much pink for one day IMO.

On the other hand, I loved the pictures of the family doing all the activities; cooking, playing sport, ice-skating! :D

:flowers:

Well,she just gave birth and he had an operation,probably due to Crohn's disease,two weeks ago.They both need a good rest more then anything else,and so do their children.

She gave birth by cesarean section.

She gave birth by cesarean section.

Either way,glad I'm not at that end in any case!:eek:
One way or the other,it's a lot of trouble and pain.
Actually,I'm at neither end!Thank goodness.:rolleyes:

It was a rather "pink" day for the Dutch Royals!:whistling: As pink is a favorite of mine I can't say I mind, but it was a bit of an overload. From pale pink to fuschia.

Aimee looked very nice, very Jackie O, in her yellow suit, and a delghtful change of pace from the other ladies.

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom