Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahah, they tried to get Q Beatrix to dance the salsa (she didn't get much further than 2 steps), but Maxima refused :ermm:
Too bad she didn’t just dance a bit, would have loved it. Princess Anita did dance though, she’s great :)

dancing

I can understand Maxima refused. The dancing thing is getting old. They need to come up with something new.

I agree, and salsa isn't really Argentinian anyway.

The interviews with the public are great though, all these quiet/rough Frisians... the reporter has to ask and ask and ask before they say anything.

Reporter: Did the Prince say anything to you?
Boy: No.
Reporter: Did you like meeting the prince
Boy: No, not at all!

Nice that Margriet sticks with HM btw, as the younger generation is all behind, giving hands and talking to the public.

Last edited:
To Franeker, which should be in 20 minutes or so. In the mean time the NOS will show the news and their yearly poll about the monarchy.

I love Amiee outfit!!!
William and Maxima are goin to Skating on ice!!!!!

Last edited:
Poor Friso looks as if he is getting tortured (his usual expression).

Máxima got a scouting tie, as she is the patron of scouting Netherlands. I was surprised she didn't slip on the 'ice', considering she was in a skirt!

I saw somebody in the public with a bow for princess Mabel, don't know if she was able to hand it over.

HM lost the blanket, the outfit under it is actually quite nice.

His Hotness

The Queen and the monk

Having fun

Two hats

Last edited:
hahah, they tried to get Q Beatrix to dance the salsa (she didn't get much further than 2 steps), but Maxima refused :ermm:
Too bad she didn’t just dance a bit, would have loved it. Princess Anita did dance though, she’s great :)
I sorry but I do not understand the salsa thing? :rolleyes: Why would they dance salsa, maybe I am missing something?! How long have they being doing that??

The pictures are absolutely lovely. Has anyone seen any pictures from Maxima and Willem-Alexander on the ice?
I sure do love Maurits, he's so enthausiastic, just great. Everybody seems to be having a lovely time!

WA, Máxima, Margriet and Pieter

Several princesses

Mabel and Friso

The Queen has a small speech in Franeker, she called it heartwarming. She ended in Frisian with 'many thanks'.

--

I suppose the pictures of Máxima on the ice weren't uploaded on the various websites of the photo agencies, they will folow within an hour no doubt.

Fashionwise it was horrible IMO but it isn't a fashionshow of course. Very nice to see how the royals interact with the public and to see how many people turned up (esp. in Franeker).

Last edited:
I would love to see a photo of Amiee!

Found one, here in the NRC Handelsblad.

She's elegance in motion isn't she,with dear Máxima as a good second.

All in all it was a very pink day thus far,in more then one way come to think of it....:cool:

Neon-colores-Koninginnedag 2008. :ohmy:

Well, first of all: Nice to see them all out and about together.
They all looked like they simply enjoyed it.

Máxima's and Laurentien's outfits make me want to protect my eyes.
It's something I'd expect the Queen of Norway to wear... but not them!
The neon-pink is way too shiny. It makes them look liek barbie-dolls.

Pictures are great. This is one of the best days of the family. They all seem to be very relaxed & shows how fun they are.
All Ladies outfits looked good.
It was great to see Maxima trying to skate in a skirt, I wonder how she managed:lol:

are the kids not celebrating the holiday?

are the kids not celebrating the holiday?

Well, the whole country has the day of, so the kids are not in school. But they never accompany their parents on this event. Possibly (whichful thinking) in a few years when they're a bit older, but now this would be too much for them. Maybe they have their own little party at home :D

What is Maxima wearing. That style of jacket does nothing at all for that dress. Good grief! And let's not talk about the brown shoes.

And the back of the Queens hat... oh my.

Last edited:
Judging by the colour of dress of 3 royal ladies (the Queen, princess Maxima and Laurentien) one could say that it's "Rose dynasty" not "Orange" ! And this time it's Mabel who's the most elegant I wouldsay....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom