Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that Maxima will not attend (as that's about when she should give birth). Has there been any official word on that?
And will Alexia and Amalia be there?

I'm certainly not an expert on the Dutch royals but I have looked back through all the other years of the Koninginnedag, I don't remember seeing any of the children of the Dutch royals at the past Queen's day events. But I could be wrong. I really think Alexia might be too young as for Amalia I think she would steal the show, how cute.

I could be wrong about this too but I thought it was already stated that Maxima would not attend this year.

It was announced that Princess Maxima will not attend Queensday celebrations. But if the baby hurries, who knows.... she might surprise us ;)
The small ones will probably not attend, they haven't attended previous years either.
During Juliana's Queensdays it was normal for them to be present, even when they were still babies (they didn't have to walk through 2 cities then but stay at the stairs of Soestdijk Palace).

Oh- well, we'll see pictures of the whole family (baby and all) soon!!!
(Sorry to ask an already dicussed question, but I wasn't sure)

I can hardly wait to see everyone tomorrow. Kind of surprised that there are no pre-Koninginnedag pics of things being set up and things of that nature. But I guess we will see plenty tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm watching it on tv,
Aimée is wearing white

Last edited:
it's such a shame maxima won't be there this year. i hope she makes a surprise appearance though :)

at least we will see princess aimee in her first activity since the royal house announced her pregnancy....

Just looking at the PPE pictures, am I the only one who thinks Annette looks rounder than usual? Or is her dress illussioning?

Well I'm wearing my feathery hat and wearing a large "I love Bea" badge. The Queen looks fab but haven't we seen this outfit before?

Everyone looked wonderful & happy today. Its such a great event to follow & stay updated with all the info & pictures because its one of the very few events where you get to see the entire royal family (except for this year, missing Maxima) happy & enjoying a day out together.

The Ladies all looked beautiful, id be hoping to see a headpiece if not a hat.Except for Laurentien, it was a nice piece but i think too much green going around.

Prince Maurits is so charming! Imo he's the most handsome dutch Prince...:wub:

Aimée really seems to be in the spotlight today. She looks beautiful and happy. Her outfit-choice is perfect as usual. You really cannot see she's pregnant at all (like Princess Mary during her last pregnancy)...

Laurentien's outfit looks okay... but this hat is simply awful!

Visit to tle little town of Woudrichem

The Queen and her company visited the little town of Woudrichem first and then will travel to 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc, the Duke's Forest), the capital of the province Brabant.

Woudrichem showed small scale activities which are pretty representative for many Queen's Day activities all over the country.

Princess Laurentien and Princess Aimée

The Prince of Orange directs along with singing schoolchildren

The Queen with the mayor of Woudrichem. Behind her the Queen's Commissioner in Brabant.

Flowers for the ladies

Laurentienesque as always....

Glamorous: Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène

Très chic: Princess Margriet

The Birthday Girl

I liked Princess Mabel's outfit, except for the sunglasses she wore so now and then

A very popular and loved couple. They will assist Willem IV and Máxima.

The ladies all looked lovely with their very own style. But Maxima was most missed!

Long live the Queen! All the hands in the air!

Hooray! Show us all your hands!

It was a most sunny and sparkling Queen's Day. Yes, Princess Máxima was absent, but therefore all the attention went to the just 40 years old Prince who came hands too short to receive all the best wishes for his birthday and his new daughter.

But it was not Máxima-day or Prince's Day. :flowers: It was The Queen all went about, today.

The Prince dancing salsa in the Queen's Day Ballroom-tent

Some basketball....

For the proud daddy....

The Queen admiring artistic street theatre

Let me help you blowing up giant orange balloons!

A much cheered Prince, today

Hockey with the ladies? Okay!

So many beautiful Princes and Princesses all around me!

Mabel! It is all beyond belief! All those toys for the girls!

Princess Laurentien and Princess Margriet join in the salsa dancing

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the pictures JessRulz and Henri M. The ladies looked wonderful :)
Mabel's sunglasses? :ermm: Not so sure about that, though.

It'srealy good to see them almost all again. I can't waite to see them all - with kids some day:cool:
Thanks fot the photos.

I want to see them someday also with the kids, but I am missing so much Maxima this day :( Next year hopefully!

I agree with you all. miss maxima so much. the others are wonderful, of course. but it's just not the same without her.

Thanks for the pictures guys. All the ladies looked lovely and Willem seems very happy. I too, miss Maxima, but understand she wants to be with her baby and Amalia and Alexia.

nayralorenzo said:
I want to see them someday also with the kids, but I am missing so much Maxima this day :( Next year hopefully!

pollyemma said:
I agree with you all. miss maxima so much. the others are wonderful, of course. but it's just not the same without her.

viola said:
Looks like they are enjoying, but miss Maxima.

I find it kind of sad. A gigantic turnout of the royal family. A massed turnout of the public in Woudirchem and 's-Hertogenbosch. Millions of people enjoying Queen's Day in all cities and villages in all parts of the kingdom. A visibly extremely enjoying royal family. Already since the Stadtholderly era in the 17th Century the birthday of the Prince was publicly celebrated.

And what is this all about? "We miss Máxima". Unbelievable. As if all this today was worthless without her or something... What would Máxima's attendance have added to this day? Is it about her garderobe? The athmosphere was 100% super. With Beatrix. With Mabel. With Laurentien. With Margriet. With Marilène. With Aimée. With Annette. And name them all.

:ermm:

The Queen in front of the cathedral of 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc)

Princess Laurentien, popular with the crowds, in her very own style

Prince Maurits tries his luck at the fun-fair

Waving and smiling all the day

'Frederik Hendrik of Nassau, Prince d'Orange', welcomes the Queen

The Queen walks over standards of two city's guilds

Princess Margriet admires the painting of a child

Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène enjoy dancing

Last edited:
ZandraRae said:
Thanks for the pictures guys. All the ladies looked lovely and Willem seems very happy. I too, miss Maxima, but understand she wants to be with her baby and Amalia and Alexia.

The Princess simply has not recovered enough to walk miles through the crowded streets of two cities and witness the festivities for hours, standing, walking, sitting, sailing, riding.

That is also the reason why the grand festivities for the Prince's 40th birthday were re-scheduled for September 1st at Het Loo Palace.

:flowers:

Nice idea: all schoolchildren made paintings for the fences in the streets

The royal family sailing alongside historical tableaux-vivants

Choirs singing for the Queen alongside the route

Elegant outfit

Edgewater Park Township Police assisting in the Netherlands....

Folkloric dances

Thank you !

Crowds waving alongside the river

Mother And Son

Playful cousins

Last edited:
It was a very nice day and the royalfamily looks happy!!

I absolutely love this event. I looked forward to it so much last year and this year even more. Thanks to all that have posted pics. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. I love seeing the pics of mother and son together. Those are always my fave to see.

Happy Queen's Day to all the Dutch!

Thank you to everyone who posted reports and pictures of this happy day. I wonder if the future king will retain the same style of Koninginnegdag (I don't know how to say King's Day) when it is his turn. It would be nice if his cousins could also join him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom