Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Queen's Day 2012

I have very fond memories of my visit to Amsterdam for Queen's Day in 2007!

20050430.jpg

Happy Queen's Day 2012

I have very fond memories of my visit to Amsterdam for Queen's Day in 2007!

20050430.jpg

Beautifull!!!Thank you so much!

It is such a wonderfull warm and sunny day here today,and all are in such a joyous mood,it's bliss!

HM and the RF are about to arrive at the 2nd leg of the celebrations in the town of Veenendaal,where,tradionally one of HM and the RF's most loyal subjects is awaiting HM with liquorice again,always very very much appreciated by HM.Oscar,we here all wish you a wonderfull Queensday in Veenendaal!It has become a tradition since decades that Oscar awaits HM and the RF at about the end of the route in the last of the two places to be visited.HM is since long very keen in spotting Oscar and greeting him wholeheartedly while accepting the liquorice...and...that is happily accepted by the other members of the RF as well,and by the time all are back in the Royal bus and it starts driving,the liquorice is gone...vamos..

Ruairi

Last edited:
In her word of thanks for all the warm welcomes and activities Her Majesty also said;"It is a pity and sad that our family isn't complete today.But I'm very gratefull for all the warmth and wishes we have seen and heard here today and I will pass it on." (to Princes Mabel that is-).Thank you all so very much.

Tonight at 22.55PM:podium,with the Queensday Concert from Noordeinde Palace,Ned2.

Last edited:
In her word of thanks for all the warm welcomes and activities Her Majesty also said;"It is a pity and sad that our family isn't complete today.But I'm very gratefull for all the warmth and wishes we have seen and heard here today and I will pass it on."
PHP:
(to Princes Mabel that is-).
Thank you all so very much.
Tonight at 22.55PM:podium,with the Queensday Concert from Noordeinde Palace,Ned2.

She will pass it on to Friso too in my opinion, but we will never know

Love Maxima's look today from head to toe! Just stunning.

Laurentien for once ... looks good.

What's the story with Aimee's outfit and shoes? Not good ...

In her word of thanks for all the warm welcomes and activities Her Majesty also said;"It is a pity and sad that our family isn't complete today.But I'm very gratefull for all the warmth and wishes we have seen and heard here today and I will pass it on." (to Princes Mabel that is-).Thank you all so very much.

What a brave Queen!
Maxxx lokks superb!
BYe Bine

Amazing day, beautiful pictures and one phenomenal brave Queen :heartflower:

when did william start to take part in these events, `?

He started out from the beginning,so say since 1981 I believe,all three started at a young age....but the girls are too small yet to walk these ends....a few more years when they're about 12 or so.:)

168 beautifull pics for all to enjoy:

PPE Agency

And some more from Rhenen and Veenendaal this morning:

ANP Foto

Her Majesty thanking all today:

ANP Foto

and,the girls were at it...Princesses Annette and Máxima...:

Maxima in een zeepkist - Video | Bekijk video's over het laatste nieuws op Telegraaf.nl [Video's Opmerkelijk]

touching moments :) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9RBv58HLmgY/T56qmak2B5I/AAAAAAAAz4Y/0wZ3o_fzxws/s1600/610x+(3).jpg

video
NOS Nieuws - Beatrix: helemaal onder de indruk
You can see when Queen Beatrix speak and the end that family is not completed, tears in W-A, Beatrix and Maxima's eyes. And I love Maxima's gesture (1:13) to Queen Beatrix to the end :flowers:

[edit]
sweet :) http://nos.nl/koningshuis/video/368104-van-vollenhoven-jammer-ja.html

interesting and funny pic http://cdn.monarchypress.com/1/145534f9eaed6660fa214645181.jpg

and may some tell what exactly they're speak about, I know it about Prince Friso but don't understand everything :) http://www.rtl.nl/xl/#/u/c584a95a-117f-25c1-a335-c8abf3f1cdfb

DPP gallery :flowers: Queensday 2012 - Dutch Photo Press

Last edited by a moderator:
video
You can see when Queen Beatrix speak and the end that family is not completed, tears in W-A, Beatrix and Maxima's eyes. And I love Maxima's gesture (1:13) to Queen Beatrix to the end :flowers:
Her Majesty's brought tears to my eyes as well; can't imagine what the family is feeling. The look on Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's face when the Queen spoke of "incomplete" family was truly heartbreaking. And I agree, the sweet little gesture of encouragement from Maxima was really nice - it showed genuine affection and care.

A lovely day that gave a chance to see some of the lower profile royals. Her Majesty is a brave woman; I have never admired her as much as I do now.

My uncle (born and raised in Armenia) has been living in the Netherlands since 2004. Whenever he speaks of the Queen, he calls her (roughly translated from Armenian) our beloved Grandmother - and he's someone who never supported the institution of Monarchy. Queen Beatrix is truly a special woman to enjoy such genuine love and devotion of her people.

it is a very moving video, I had tears in my eyes, Queen Beatrix is very brave, all the family is very brave.

Wonderful pictures, thanks or sharing Fanvanmaxima! :flowers:

The Dutch sure live up to their reputation of knowing how to have fun

I'm sure the queen is heartened by all the messages of support and to see Friso is not forgotten.

Last edited:
Wonderful pictures, I especially love the ones of Maxima and the Queen.
The speech was pretty emotional for me too, it must have been hard for the Queen and the entire family to be joyous and happy on a day like this and meanwhile missing a beloved one. It was very beautifully said by the wonderful Queen, how can one not admire her and her strength.

You could see the heartbreak in both Willem-Alexander and Constantijn's eyes ...

HM is very, very strong!

queen's day has always been a proper celebration. we are used to seeing all the family, every year, together and having fun with the people they meet and engaging actively in the celebration. even the queen's "nieces in law" attend the event! that has to mean something: it's a family event, and everyone very much enjoys participating.

seeing friso and mabel not being there, i bet this is a sad day for the family, even more so than any other days since the accident happened.

one phenomenal queen indeed. my heart goes out today, specially to her.

Though HM never seems comfortable, and sometimes even shy, in these 'spontanious' speeches at Queensday. This time it did seem very difficult for her, esp. the part of her absent relatives. Her voice seemed to change and indeed, her son and d-i-l became emotional too. It musn't have been an easy speech.

Now on the down side... I saw the first 5 minutes of the broadcast in the train to Antwerp yesterday. These hysterical children in Rhenen were beyond bad and it aseemed that they have been eating sugar non-stop for the last 3 weeks. I know you are supposed to like anything that children do or say, but would it have been so bad if they at least practiced ...once? They were shouting the song (krijsen) and they seemed to jump around in all different directions. I can't see what is wrong in getting a childrens choir that can actually sing (in Sweden they seem to do that pretty well), or not get a choir at all and just have these children do whatever games they are playing in the village.

And although the family is a good sport, some of these games are beyond silly. Silly in way that it is not comical anymore. Throwing toilet pots... really? Who ever came up with that idea and decided that is was a good idea to let the RF join in... sigh.

Last edited:
touching moments :) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9RBv58HLmgY/T56qmak2B5I/AAAAAAAAz4Y/0wZ3o_fzxws/s1600/610x+(3).jpg

video

[edit]
sweet :) NOS Nieuws - Van Vollenhoven: jammer, ja

interesting and funny pic http://cdn.monarchypress.com/1/145534f9eaed6660fa214645181.jpg

and may some tell what exactly they're speak about, I know it about Prince Friso but don't understand everything :) RTL XL

DPP gallery :flowers: Queensday 2012 - Dutch Photo Press

Thanks for posting the NOS video. Briefly, the Queen thanked the people of Rhenen and Veenendaal for providing an unforgettable queen's day that was very touching and heartwarming. With her voice catching a bit, and this is where the Crown Prince and Princess also teared up, the Queen said it is a pity and sad that our family is not complete today, but we will pass on your warm wishes and thoughts that have touched us all today very much. Thank you again for an unforgettable day.

Though HM never seems comfortable, and sometimes even shy, in these 'spontanious' speeches at Queensday. This time it did seem very difficult for her, esp. the part of her absent relatives. Her voice seemed to change and indeed, her son and d-i-l became emotional too. It musn't have been an easy speech.

Now on the down side... I saw the first 5 minutes of the broadcast in the train to Antwerp yesterday. These hysterical children in Rhenen were beyond bad and it aseemed that they have been eating sugar non-stop for the last 3 weeks. I know you are supposed to like anything that children do or say, but would it have been so bad if they at least practiced ...once? They were shouting the song (krijsen) and they seemed to jump around in all different directions. I can't see what is wrong in getting a childrens choir that can actually sing (in Sweden they seem to do that pretty well), or not get a choir at all and just have these children do whatever games they are playing in the village.

And although the family is a good sport, some of these games are beyond silly. Silly in way that it is not comical anymore. Throwing toilet pots... really? Who ever came up with that idea and decided that is was a good idea to let the RF join in... sigh.

LOL! True Marengo....Who on earth thinks of something like pot throwing..I mean...and they claim they have it as a tradition,they do it every year...."a bit" of a toe-curling program at times yes...but,the main thing was to make HM and the Family feel how much we care for them,respect & genuinely love them,and that message came across both ways too...I shut off the noise with the kids,no,it wasn't your train to Antwerp that went wibbly wobbly...it were the darn screaming top of their lungs little devils..What one has to endure at times...:whistling:

ANP Foto

..and he won too...;)

Thanks for those photos FanvanMaxima. There seem to have been quite a few different relatives this year. I notice Pricne Pieter Christiaan, the duke and duchess ogf Parma, princess Margarita and her husband Tjalling ten Cate. Any idea where the prince of Orange and his wife were? They didn't miss one thus far I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom