Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, for Maxima and Aexander, they went the dybefore to London for the wedding and next day in Holland, very busy and probably a lot of people working behinf them forthem! to get all thsis done!

wow, for Maxima and Aexander, they went the dybefore to London for the wedding and next day in Holland, very busy and probably a lot of people working behinf them forthem! to get all thsis done!

No,just a few of the Palace staff as is their job,but Máxima and Alexander just had to attend a wedding & reception,fly home immediatly after that,have a nice evening with the kids,and wake up early enough and have a ball with all the Family.They do not need,nor want,halve the staff some present day plastic plebs celebs have.Besides,Alexander and Máxima find everything very inspiring what they do so that sort of lifts one up and makes one capable of doing even more.:)

Amsterdam Queensday yesterday:

ANP Beeldbank

All over the country:

ANP Beeldbank

And ofcourse there's a lot of cleaning up to do after a nationwide party:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy ANP

Can you can promote your own site?

sorry for the bad English, I received notice yesterday that this may not speak Dutch, so I throw everything in the google translation tool

Day after tomorrow will be the Hayday of all Haydays in relation to celebrating the Dutch Royal Family and the Monarchie,Queensday 2012.

Weather is expected to be about 20 celsius and sunny,so that sounds promising for a nation that is about to turn completely orange again while celebrating the worlds largest al fresco National party with concerts,events and picknicks,and ofcourse the Freemarkets(!!) all over the country.

Actually,festivities and celebrations already start the night before during Koninginnenacht ( Queensnight ).

A warming-up to a wonderfull & festive day:

ANP Foto

http://www.veenendaal.nl/portal/english_3573/

http://www.koninginnedag2012.nl/rhenen/

Last edited:
:dutchstandard:

Queensday 2012,the official birthday of HM Queen Beatrix is a day with a long history as it was,as we all know,the birthday of the late Queen Juliana and there used to be a grand defilé at Soestdijk Palace every year.As a tribubute to her mother,Queen Beatrix in her Inthronisation speech on april 30th 1980 declared this day will always be celebrated in honour of her mother.A fitting tribute indeed,in loving memory of a wonderfull Monarch,and a living tribute to the outstanding Queen Beatrix herself,who,despite personal tragedy also very much is the professional and wishes nothing to be altered but continue as much as usual as possible.We will all miss Friso and Mabel today,ofcourse,and maybe there will be many wearing a white flower as a subtle token of respect and care towards the Royal Family and especially Prince Friso.

It was a request by a dutch news site a month or so ago,to wear a white flower in support of the RF and as a sign that Friso is still with us,belongs to us,and is in our hearts.No doubt during the official welcoming speeches today there will be mentioning of the Prince at some point,maybe HM herself might mention him during her speech,but thruth is that while watching the wonderfull Queensday celebrations in Rhenen and Veenendaal,thoughts will also be with Friso,Mabel and the children in London.HM is in London with her son and daughter-in-law every weekend,or at least as often as possible as her schedule allows.

One can only admire her,and have a huge respect for her as a formidable mother,Queen and human being.

I wish all here a fantastic Queensday,and to all of you far from The Netherlands,I hope these pages will be filled with joyous pics and stories of what is already appearing to be a wonderfull sunny spring day.

A wonderfull Queensday to all!!

Het Wilhelmus - National Anthem of The Netherlands - YouTube

Thank you Lucien, for disclosing us the lyrics of the Dutch National Anthem.
I've always adored the emotional and somewhat melancholic melody of your Anthem.

Thank you Lucien, for disclosing us the lyrics of the Dutch National Anthem.
I've always adored the emotional and somewhat melancholic melody of your Anthem.

Thank you,you're welcome.The Anthem was written by Marnix of St.Aldegonde during the time of the reformation in 1574 I believe,in support of his friend The Prince of Orange.It is the worlds oldest known National Anthem:)

Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, due to an infection in his knee, will only be present at Veenendal.
Princess Anita will be absent, due to pneumonia.

Source: NOS

The traditional Freemarket in the City of Utrecht already started last night at 18.00PM,a tradition since long.Thousands clean up their attick and sit & sell for 24 hours amid an unbelieveble fun atmosphere.

ANP Foto

I agree it must look silly to our foreign friends here,but many if not most do wear Orange,and I mean ORANGE from head to toe on Queensday...regardless what shape and size,Orange it is..,always!.:flowers:

And then there is the café called the "Barking Fish" in the Jordaan area of loveble Amsterdam that has a pic of a member of the RF each year,this year it is a portrait of HRH Princess Amalia that adorns the complete front of the (popular) place:

ANP Foto

Courtesy ANP

BTW: Pieter van Vollenhoven will not be in attendance in Rhenen due to an infection in his foot..He wll however be in attendance at Veenendaal to at least walk the last stretch of the route.

HH Princess Anita will not be in attendance as she suffers from a pneumonia...hmm,that is the most occurring sort of illnes here at present,or so it seems,having just recovered from one myself...:ermm:

Last edited:
Rhenen is ready,as the Royal visit just started:

ANP Foto

Queensday in Amsterdam:

ANP Foto

courtesy anp

All Ladies look splendid.Máxima in gold and beautifull hairdo.

Last edited:
can't wait to see the first pictures of the wonderful royal family !
i have a huge love and respect for queen Beatrix , she is a wonderful and brave women !

thank you lucien , they all look stunning just like every year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom