Koninginnedag 2002-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:flowers:Huge portrait galleries as street decorations in Apeldoorn for tomorrows celebrations:

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Tradionally the freemarket/fleamarket started on the eve of Queensday at 6 PM in the city of Utrecht,
all others start tomorrow morning at 6,7 or 8.Attick sales really,such fun and most streets are littered
with gawd knows what and where it came from,fun.

Utrecht this evening,busy and gezellig!

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

:flowers:

And ofcourse:

http://www.iamsterdam.nl/en/visiting/visitingportal

Last edited:
I'm all excited now, should be a wonderful events.
Can't wait to see the outfits.
It's a beautiful tradition, like Tropping Of The Colour.
x

I can't wait for tomorrow to come! Long live to Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands!Vanesa.

Last edited:
Everybody speaks about Swine Flu...But they must also speak to PC Flu...I wants to sing "Vanesa" right UNDER my post and not beside it. However PC wouldn't obey me in any case...Would you believe it???Vanesa. :(

Think they all look marvellous.Maxima kissed her flowergirl as that is the same little human she held in one hand shortly after birth when she visited a hospital as the child weight less then 1000 grams.Now they've met again and Maxima was moved.Lovely.

All Princesses are there,including Aimee.Maxima looks wonderfull,hair in ponytail,lovely dressed.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=30-04-2009%20Apeldoorn

courtesy PPE

Last edited:
Think they all look marvellous.Maxima kissed her flowergirl as that is the same little human she held in one hand shortly after birth when she visited a hospital as the child weight less then 1000 grams.Now they've met again and Maxima was moved.Lovely.

All Princesses are there,including Aimee.Maxima looks wonderfull,hair in ponytail,lovely dressed.

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Everyone looks fine, but I don't get Maxima's "hat" or whatever it is. Too avantgarde for me! I like Anita's outfit most. Such a beautiful colour. Lekker fris:)
I wonder if the kids will join later for the defile...

The Queen's day Festivities have been cancelled as a car drove into/over the audience, against the needle statue, just missing the royal bus. 14 people were injured.

This thread will be closed, more discussion about the crash in this thread.

Koninginnedag 2010, Wemeldinge and Middelburg

The title should read Koninginnedag 2010 in the Province of Zeeland .

:dutchstandard::dutchflag:

HM The Queen and all members of the Royal Family will celebrate april 30th 2010,Queensday 2010,
in the beautifull Province of Zeeland in the town of Wemeldinge and the city of Middelburg.

It will be an oldfashioned Koninginnedag,just the security is a tad notched-up,other then that it will
be the greatest party of the year once again.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Middelburg:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middelburg

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wemeldinge

On april 29th,HM and other members of the Royal Family will unveil a monument for the victims of this years Queensday tragedy in Apeldoorn.

Last edited:
Zeeland, what a surprise! But also a great location. I get this real old Dutch vibe from it.

As the Queensday Thread is still closed two months before the event takes place,the City of Apeldoorn where last years drama unfolded announced this week that Queensday 2010 will be celebrated festive yet sober.

On the eve of Queensday a monument for the victims will be unveiled.

On Queensday there will be aidworkers present at the Needle,the monument into which Karst Tates crashed his car in an attempt to attack our Royal Family,and killing so many innocent people in the proces.

Meanwhile it is clear that the village of Wemeldinge and the city of Middelburg will see a maximum security unparellelled for any event before,as was announced a while ago.No chances are left in the open,it will be all check and double-check with hundreds of police around as well as those in civil clothing of the terrorism agency and the Royal Constabulary Force.The Royal Family will be able to move about as we're used to on this day of all haydays,and mingle,chat,laugh and rejoice that we here still have this event at all and in such numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
April 29th

Her Majesty The Queen,accompanied by 16 Members of the Royal Family,will unveil a monument to commemorate the victims in Apeldoorn
of last years tragedy on Queensday.

From talks with Members of the Royal Family it is clear that the RF will think of the tragedy in Apeldoorn last year during the Queensday celebrations end of this month.It has not faded away,is still very much a living memory.

As said before,the RF will commemorate the victims on the evening of the 29th together with the loved ones.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima fe, still are in contact on a regular bases with the loved ones of the seven victims of the tragedy,they either write or visit them from time to time.

One of the other Princes stated that;"These families will always remain a part of our lives".

There was a press meeting earlyer this week on the how and what of Queensday in the province of Zeeland,and there's one thing above all:Safety First!

There will be a search policy but it's amazing and just great how everybody responds to that,there already is an immense solidarity and understanding for the extra safety meassures allthough that is up to the max,most of it will not be visible at all.

No specific details on security have been revealed not to get ideas for those who want to "put it to the test",but there will be zero tolerance for those who try to make any trouble.Also,no cars allowed in a wide circle from the city center of Middelburg or the village of Wemeldinge.

Folklore costume from the Province of Zeeland:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...c5da749970b-pi

And the market place with the medieval town hall in the city of Middelburg:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...003ab95970c-pi

Oh,and the Abbey in the city of Middelburg,medieval too ofcourse,and just beautifull:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...003af89970c-pi

You will see it all back on Queensday! :flowers:

:dutchstandard:
Tomorrow thursday april 29th HM will unveil the monument to the memory of all the victims of the tragedy on last years Queensday.
There will be 17 members of the RF in attendance during this ceremony in Apeldoorn.

--------------------------------------

On Friday,Queensday,possibly not all members of the RF will be present at the celebrations as on friday afternoon the funeral takes place in Kleinheubach,Bavaria of Heriditary Prince Carl Friedrich zu Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg who died in a racing accident.

Prince Carl Friedrich,and his father,Furst Alois zu Lowenstein was/is a dear and very close friend to HRH Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven and Furst Alois is a godfather to His Highness Prince Maurits,who,together with Princess Marilene and Prince Pieter Christiaan attended the wedding of Prince Carl Friedrich and Princess Stefanie,who besides his spouse,leaves four children.

This to clarify the possible absence of members of the van Vollenhoven family on the day.Truly sad.

------------------------------

On Queensday,from noon onward to may 1st at 17.00PM,everybody can send in YouTube video's on Queensday 2010 and what it means
to you.The five winners will be invited to Noordeinde Palace and given a tour of the Royal Mews behind the Palace.No...grin..not by a Member of the RF,but by the Secretary General of HM.Think that's a great way & possibility of expressing what this day,and HM,means to each and everyone,and,a wonderfull opportunity to have a good look in the Royal Mews.

you can check the pictures out in PPE

PPE Agency

this looked like such a sad event...

Such a sad event indeed. You can see it etched on the faces of all the members of the royal family. I'm sure it revives terrible memories of seeing the innocent being killed that day.

to see the tears on princess maxima's face is heartbreaking......this is a very sad event that will live on in the lives on the royal family forever.......i can hardly believe that it has been a year since the last queensday when the unthinkable happened.

apparently prince maurits and princess marilene won't be attending queensday as they will be resent at the funerl of count carl friedrich of lowenstein wertheim rosenberg.

I completely understand those tears from the RF, it was such a sad event that shouldn't have happened.
Marengo, where is the funeral of count carl friederich taking place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom