General News about the Dutch Royal Family, Part 1 (September 2010 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Royal Family; General News (2010 -)

Related to the Dutch RF, some odd news about the wedding of the duke of Parma last saturday: Edwin de Roy (former brother-in-law of the duke) was hold for questioning by the police. it had something to do with an attack on Spanish royals during this wedding.... which is rather odd as there were no Spanish royals present and I don't see why he would attack Spanish royals. He also says that the police spoke to him on Schiphol airport a few days before the funeral of the duke of parma, with the information that he was not allowed to travel to Italy on that day (as they feared he would make a scene).

According to Edwin, the police also questioned his mother and sister, who were very upset. Still, why on earth would they question him if they did not have any reason to think there was any plot to kill Spanish royals, and there was no link to Edwin. Since Edwin is the source of the news appearing in the paper there is a slight possibility that he made it up, the man seems to be a lose canon.

In Dutch: Edwin de Roy gehoord over aanslag in Spanje - Binnenland - VK

And a follow-up: according to Marc van der Linden's 'royalty online' it was Edwin himself who started it. He told AT5 camera man Frank Buis that the ETA would try to kill a member of the Spanish RF during the wedding in Brussels.

The camera man went to the police, and the police interrogated Edwin.

And a follow-up: according to Marc van der Linden's 'royalty online' it was Edwin himself who started it. He told AT5 camera man Frank Buis that the ETA would try to kill a member of the Spanish RF during the wedding in Brussels.

The camera man went to the police, and the police interrogated Edwin.

IMO the camera man did the responsible thing and reported it to the authorities. A threat like this one could not be ignored. Was Edwin surprised that the police wanted to investigate this claim?

Edwin is just a thorn in the Royal's side. If the press wouldn't give him the attention he wants, perhaps he'd crawl back to the swamp he came out of. I'm very glad that Margarita divorced Edwin and has a better life. She's very fortunate that her aunt Beatrix is forgiving. Edwin and Margarita caused the Royal Family, not to mention her parents, a lot of grief when they were married.

I truly hope someone will accidently ditch him in a canal here,once,I pray.

Well, at least he needs some serious psychological councelling IMHO. His actions are terribly odd, and have been so for the last decade or so. His megalomania is irritating, but acts like these show that the man is extremely bitter and desperate for attention. Not a good combination, as we were able to see the last years with various incidents around the Dutch RF.

Anyway..... it was obviously a 'bad joke' (esp. since ETA has a truce and is weaker than ever). Still, why he once again has to play the prima donna and claim that he is an innocent victim is beyond me. Like all of us, he is responsible for himself and his actions too, and considering all the idiotic things he did in the past I think it is not more than normal that the police interrogated him. In fact, they would be negligent if they did not.

Last edited:
I truly hope someone will accidently ditch him in a canal here,once,I pray.

Lucien we should not wish harm to those who might have issues. I hate to say that but something is clearly not right with him. Its beyond me why he would think that no one would look into this issue further. And yes, playing the victim...seeking attention. Really he is his own worst enemy. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and potentially dangerous.

Edwin just doesn't want to let go and face the fact he's not married to a Princess of Bourbon-Parma anymore and he doesn't want a normal life and have to work a normal job. He's an attention getter and loves it, so there are some pyschological issues there. They were there when he and Margarita were married about the RF out to get him and making sure he didn't the work he wanted......yep, some paranoia.

Lucien we should not wish harm to those who might have issues. I hate to say that but something is clearly not right with him. Its beyond me why he would think that no one would look into this issue further. And yes, playing the victim...seeking attention. Really he is his own worst enemy. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and potentially dangerous.

Oh,don't worry,no harm would be done.It would be a blessing if there ever was one!!!!
This guy is potentially dangerous,as you agree with me,and the more he "grows" in his
role of nuisance,the more that will show.We're not ready with nor heard the last of the
creep yet.Heck.I would happily ditch him myself.And many more with me,people here
have absolutely zero tolerance with this creature!Don't worry:flowers:

Last edited:
Next year March the Royal Family will take over 10.000 pieces to auction,ranging from glasware,silver,paintings to furniture etc etc.All pieces come from the late Queen Juliana and HM and her three sisters have decided to auction it all off and the proceedings will go to a charity choosen by the heirs of the late Queen Juliana.

HM decided her part of the proceedings will go to the Princess Beatrix Fund for research of muscle diseases.Princess Margriet 's part will go to the Red Cross.Princess Christina will give hers to the Princess Christina Concour of Music,and Princess Irene will donate her part to the Nature College,a non-profit organization founded by the Princess.

The 10.000 items might do for an impressive number but it is not entirely up to the RF to dispose of all and everything at leasure.The gifts from State Visits during Juliana's Reign all went to the Official Gifts to the House of Orange Nassau Foundation,the pieces which had historical value went to the Historical Collections of the House of Orange Nassau Foundation.

National Museum Het Loo Palace has made their choice as had the Institute Collections Netherlands.What's left are the 10.000 pieces ranging from a simple milkcan with the monogram "E" for Emma to silver cutlery and porcelain services,chairs and what not varying in price from 5 euro to 50.000 according to Mark Grol,the auctionair at Sotheby's Amsterdam where the auction will be on march 14th,15th,16th and 17th 2011.Viewing days for the general public will be from march 8th till the 13th.

Some who wonder why the grandchildren of Queen Juliana didn't pick some of the objects up for auction forget,or do not realise,that all of them were raised in the middle of that whole caboodle,are used to it from the cradle while others like most can only gasp at all,or most,of the stuff up for auction.Understandeble,but with prices as low as 5 euro,there's something within everyones reach.It is expected to fetch 1.5 million euro based solely on the value of each object,not the historical,histerical and emotional value,which can be many many times over the top as I expect it to be.

Last edited:
A very nice gesture of the RF. It will be a substantial amount of money.

According to the 'Telegraaf' the items that will be sold are minor objects like aquarels, tableware etc. also from the time of Willem I/II/III. It will be sold so there is some more space on the attics of the palaces, which seem to be too full (which is not surprising since they don't have that many palaces left). The objects are NOT interesting for the historical foundation of Orange-Nassau, palace het Loo etc. and the objects that were gifts were donated to the foundation of koninklijke geschenken. Family members could also choose if there was anything they liked among the objects.

And a new book by author and historian Cees Fasseur saw the light of day yesterday.He predicts that The Netherlands will still have a Monarchy 200 years from now.Jolly,but other then that there's little news in the book,according to Royalblog.Great,and you capsule an
entire book over a prediction no-one will know off 200 years from now and add nothing new,at all?What travesty,and filling the odd pocked is that.....:)

Really,Royals should demand Royalties for every nonsense published about them as they are the most abused among the abused just for the sake of gaining a buck.Disgusting ...:whistling:

Haqlf a year ago, former prime minister Ruud Lubbers left the comittee that is preparing the celebrations for 2013, when the kingdom exists for 200 years. He has been succeeded by Ank Bijlevelt. Lubbers left for personal reasons, though some say that the icy relations with the present government (and esp. wuith the leader of the fascist party) have played a role.

Source: vk

Just noticed this from the KHtweets Twitter page, the RVD has published an iPhone/Android app which is a version of the RVD website (koninklijkhuis.nl). It provides news, the family's calender, photos and links to their Twitter account.

App Store - Koninklijk Huis

HM The Queen,TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will attend the Gala performance by Introdans on friday october 6th on occasion of the 40th anniversary of the dance company of which HRH Princess Margriet is Patron.Schouwburg,Arnhem.

Het Koninklijk Huis has had a makeover: Home - Het Koninklijk Huis

Gone is the dark blue background, replaced with a much pleasanter light grey. Structuring is basically the same.

Looking back at 2012

:dutchstandard:
Dutch National television NOS will have a look at the past year
for the Royal Family in a program starting on Ned1 at 21.20PM until 22.05PM.

I'm really, really glad the Dutch royals take care of Mabel, so to speak, making sure she's about and about, and not hidden in her shell.
Queen Beatrix is a brilliant mother-in-law!

Are the children of Constantijn and Friso treated like royals or like commoners?

Like children.:)

That doesn't answer the question. Are the treated as commoners or people with royal titles? Are they ignored by the press or hounded with their families?

That doesn't answer the question. Are the treated as commoners or people with royal titles? Are they ignored by the press or hounded with their families?

They are treated like normal children. Officially they have a title, but the Dutch are generally uninpressed with people using titles.

Ignored by both press and public. Nobody really cares about the minor members and like SLV said, us Dutch people are not impressed by titles.

Back
Top Bottom