The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-27-2019, 03:09 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Don't think so. Queen Juliana wore the aqumarine tiara in Sweden and Queen Beatrix the Württemberg diamond and pearl tiara in the smaller setting. And Queen Silvia wore the leuchtenberg sapphires in NL. Don't remember if King Gustaf VI. Adolf and Queen Louise paid a State Visit to NLand if so which tiara she used.
Google tells me that Gustav Adolf and Juliana made State Visits to each other in the 50s, but I haven't seen any tiara pics. Though I did see that Louise wore the Leuchtenberg at Juliana's enthronement festivities.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-27-2019, 03:16 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 34,828
QUEEN JULIANA'S STATE VISIT TO SWEDEN MAY 1957 (No Sound)

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-28-2019, 03:18 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
QUEEN JULIANA'S STATE VISIT TO SWEDEN MAY 1957 (No Sound)


So Queen Juliana wore the big sapphire tiara in Sweden and Queen Louise the nine proinge tiara.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kristianstad, Sweden
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
So Queen Juliana wore the big sapphire tiara in Sweden and Queen Louise the nine proinge tiara.
And at a Gala Performance at the Royal Opera Queen Louise wore the Leucthenberg Sapphires and Queen Juliana The Mellerio Ruby Tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:28 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I think his cousin Margrethe II might disagree with you

Oh yes I forgot, but the King has already made a State Visit to her, so she escaped me. You are right, Margrethe II is the doyenne of the continental Sovereigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
And at a Gala Performance at the Royal Opera Queen Louise wore the Leucthenberg Sapphires and Queen Juliana The Mellerio Ruby Tiara.

There were two diadem events, Juliana wore sapphires at one evening and rubies at the other.


Sapphires for the State Banquet:
https://www.geheugenvannederland.nl/...=KONB05%3A3353


Rubies for the Royal Opera:
https://www.geheugenvannederland.nl/...=KONB05%3A3354
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-28-2019, 10:02 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,965
Royalblog writes that the only German state that has not been visited by the king and queen during their visits of German Länder since 2013 is the state of Berlin. He says that it is expected that Berlin will be visited in 2020 in a state visit that will conclude the annual visits to these various German states.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Royalblog writes that the only German state that has not been visited by the king and queen during their visits of German Länder since 2013 is the state of Berlin. He says that it is expected that Berlin will be visited in 2020 in a state visit that will conclude the annual visits to these various German states.
That seems a good guess to me, I must say.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Royalblog writes that the only German state that has not been visited by the king and queen during their visits of German Länder since 2013 is the state of Berlin. He says that it is expected that Berlin will be visited in 2020 in a state visit that will conclude the annual visits to these various German states.

But at their first country Visit in 2013 they wher first received by the President Joachim Gauck at Bellevue Palace befopre travelling to Wiesbaden later.



It is also interesting that this year there will be 2 vistis to gErman states. usually it weas on per year with usually 2 countries.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-23-2022, 06:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 671
According to RoyalBlogNL there could be Dutch state visit to sweden later this year and maybe a state visit to Austria... I really would like to see a State visit from Spain or Japan to the Netherlands, or a return state visit from Denmark.. https://twitter.com/royalblognl/stat...76807444434946
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-24-2022, 02:30 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
According to RoyalBlogNL there could be Dutch state visit to sweden later this year and maybe a state visit to Austria... I really would like to see a State visit from Spain or Japan to the Netherlands, or a return state visit from Denmark.. https://twitter.com/royalblognl/stat...76807444434946
A danish State visit to the Netherlands is overdue as the last one was during the reign of Queen Juliana.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-24-2022, 03:39 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 34,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A danish State visit to the Netherlands is overdue as the last one was during the reign of Queen Juliana.
That a long long time ago!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-24-2022, 05:11 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
That a long long time ago!
Having waited this long, the question is whether Queen Margarethe will make another state visit to the Netherlands, or leave it to King Frederick? My guess is that QMII takes the view that in her reign she has made a state visit to the Netherlands, and she will probably leave it to the next generation to make the next one.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-24-2022, 06:39 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 34,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Having waited this long, the question is whether Queen Margarethe will make another state visit to the Netherlands, or leave it to King Frederick? My guess is that QMII takes the view that in her reign she has made a state visit to the Netherlands, and she will probably leave it to the next generation to make the next one.
Had thought of that too ,on the plus side at least the Netherlands is not too long of a journey from Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-24-2022, 06:46 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
According to RoyalBlogNL there could be Dutch state visit to sweden later this year and maybe a state visit to Austria... I really would like to see a State visit from Spain or Japan to the Netherlands, or a return state visit from Denmark.. https://twitter.com/royalblognl/stat...76807444434946
I can't wait to see a Dutch state visit to Sweden. I am sure there will be plenty of glamour and bling on both sides.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-24-2022, 07:05 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Having waited this long, the question is whether Queen Margarethe will make another state visit to the Netherlands, or leave it to King Frederick? My guess is that QMII takes the view that in her reign she has made a state visit to the Netherlands, and she will probably leave it to the next generation to make the next one.

The dutch have a bit of a strange Politik for incoming State Visits. The last full State Visit of Queen Elizabeth was to Queen Juliana in the 1950's. And after that there have been 3 dutch State Visits to the UK.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-24-2022, 07:11 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The dutch have a bit of a strange Politik for incoming State Visits. The last full State Visit of Queen Elizabeth was to Queen Juliana in the 1950's. And after that there have been 3 dutch State Visits to the UK.
Not quite sure how the dynamic works. Is it the Dutch that, in the reigns of Beatrix and W-A, haven't invited some of the existing reigning monarchs like Elizabeth and Daisy, or is it that the other royal houses have taken the view that their monarchs have, within their reigns, made outgoing state visits to the Netherlands and will not be making any more?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-24-2022, 07:42 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not quite sure how the dynamic works. Is it the Dutch that, in the reigns of Beatrix and W-A, haven't invited some of the existing reigning monarchs like Elizabeth and Daisy, or is it that the other royal houses have taken the view that their monarchs have, within their reigns, made outgoing state visits to the Netherlands and will not be making any more?
Queen Elizabeth II. has for example paid 5 State Visits to Germanys, 3 to Norway and there are more examples so it would be strange if she would appply another Policiy to the Netherlands. And Queen Margrethe paid last year her second State Visit to Germany for example.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-24-2022, 08:15 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Queen Elizabeth II. has for example paid 5 State Visits to Germanys, 3 to Norway and there are more examples so it would be strange if she would appply another Policiy to the Netherlands. And Queen Margrethe paid last year her second State Visit to Germany for example.
The only logical explanation I can think of is that the rules for outgoing state visits to republic's may be different as the incumbent is different. In the last decade or so, we have seen the rise of introductory visits by new monarchs, that probably removes the need for a state visit.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-24-2022, 08:27 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The only logical explanation I can think of is that the rules for outgoing state visits to republic's may be different as the incumbent is different. In the last decade or so, we have seen the rise of introductory visits by new monarchs, that probably removes the need for a state visit.
But then as i said Queen Elizabeth made State Visits to each of the three norwegian Kings, to 2 danish monarchs and 2 swedish Kings.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-24-2022, 08:28 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But then as i said Queen Elizabeth made State Visits to each of the three norwegian Kings, to 2 danish monarchs and 2 swedish Kings.
Pass. Perhaps it is futile to try and create a framework to evaluate these decisions where there isn't one!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swedish State Visits: General Discussion and Suggestions & Musings Kingen Royal House of Sweden 166 05-23-2022 06:14 PM
Dutch State Visits (Before 2003) Marengo Dutch Royals 19 04-26-2022 05:29 PM
General Discussion about Dutch Royal Residences Tina Dutch Royal Residences 29 07-25-2020 06:25 AM
Dutch State Visits to Oman (postponed) and Qatar: March 6-10, 2011 Marengo Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States 65 03-13-2011 05:06 PM
Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 280 06-15-2010 03:02 PM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla castile charles coronation crown jewels danish royal family de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of cambridge gemstones hamdan bin ahmed henry viii history identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period noble families norway crown princely couple orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai state visit st edward tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×