Dutch State Visit to Turkey: February 27-March 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sara1981 said:
oh my gosh but im sure she will dues anytimes what terribles for her in state trips why not she would stay at home in Netherlands they wont getting pre-labor on state trips that would be so embrassment for her

Sara she is not due any time now if she were she wouldn't be on this trip. Her doctors would not have let her go if she was in danger.

asturiana said:
Pictures from PPE. Máxima looks great.

she does look great! the outfit suits her and she seems relaxed and 'on top.'

at the rate she's going I wont be surpised if she attends Koninginedag! :flowers:

dazzling said:
The princess is entrusted to Turkish doctors - Read full article, its very intresting

Interesting. Perhaps something got lost in translation but I cannot imagine that a pregnant woman needs 8 teams, maybe they meant 8 physicians. Also if she is 8months pregnant that probably means that she is due sometime next month and not April as had been announced.

First pictures from the return reception

PPE Agency

Last edited:
I think Maxima looked nice when they first arrived to Turkey, but that second pink/orange outfit was really terrible :ohmy: (Earrings to DIE for, though). She looked nice at the gala dinner as well, even though I'm not crazy about the aquamarine set .

Today, she looked cute too, but again tired. And tonight, she's stunning IMHO :flowers:

seto said:
Sara she is not due any time now if she were she wouldn't be on this trip. Her doctors would not have let her go if she was in danger.

oh im see thanks

Maxima Looks georgeus all day long. She always have beatiful hair when she is abroad. I think she use lokal hairdresser.:rolleyes:

The ravissante lady sitting direct behind the Queen is Her Excellency Martine Louise Amélie van Loon - Labouchere.
For almost 20 years Lady van Loon is the Queen's Grootmeesteres. (The British equivalent is: Mistress of the Robes).

The uniformed gentleman next to the Grootmeesteres is Cavalry Lieutenant-General A.G.J.M. Blomjous, Chief of the Military House of Her Majesty The Queen, Aide-de-Camp General.

Picture.

Maxima looks great tonight! Her hair looks really nice; such a change from her day hair.

HM has invited President and Mrs.Sezer for dinner tonight in Istanbul as she is very much impressed by the turkish hospitality.The Royals are staying at the Presidents Istanbul residence and it is a warm gesture towards HM that president and mrs.Sezer are flying out from Ankara to Istanbul today especially for her.

Besides that there wasn't an official program for this evening,it's nice and friendly gestures like these that add some flavour to international diplomacy.

This morning the Royals will be floating along the Bosporus,visiting the Blue Mosque,the Aya Sofya and the Bazar,and tonight the private dinner.

End of this afternoon there's a press meeting with the "Orange trio" and the press.

Courtesy HJA,Royalblog.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Thanks everybody for all the information and pictures. I especially enjoyed the report of HJA (esp. the interviews with the Dutch-Turkish people were charming). It seems HM has done everything possible to keep the visit positive and constructive, which in the present day climate of our country is quite an accomplishment. Capeau!

I hope Maxima don't cathc a cold in Istanbul with this white coat.
She looks good tho..

I love the coat, but the hat? It seems a thing that Queen Juliana would have picked. Still, it is nice that she decided to put her hair up now. And I also appreciate it that dispite her advanced stage of pregnancy she still is willing to have such a busy sheduele.

It looks like she has been raiding her mother in laws hat closet. I liked the black or blue hat. Don't particular like this one or the pink one.

Without enlarging the pictures on PPE's website, I had to to a double take. Maxima looked so much like her mother-in-law, that it is unbelievable! lol
The pictures were good, though. She looks very radiant!

This hat is just awful! :ohmy: It makes her look 10 years older then she is. Not a good choice at all. :ermm:

Thanks for the pictures so far. Can't say I like any of the hats Maxima has worn, though I have liked all of the outfits and she looks so radiant! It's great how she is so smiley and interested in everything, considering how tired she must feel. :)

Aurora810 said:
Thank you so much for your response and the additional links I'll definitely check those out. I was just really curious what it's like in another country when the head of state is on a visit such as this. Sounds so great that they keep the public so informed. Very different than here.;)

You are welcome Aurora!:flowers:

As I said,there's always a summary after a State visit.

Tomorrow march 2nd at 17.35PM - 18.50PM NED2,report on the State Visit to Turkey:wub: !
Maartje van Wegen/Rob Trip.

Last edited:
rominet09 said:
Horrible hat ! I can't beleive it !

But I love what's underneath the hat.Máxima is Máxima,nuestra querido chica latina in optima forma!
:flowers:

Wonderful

rominet09 said:
Horrible hat ! I can't beleive it !

The hat can be as horrible as it can be, but the hairdo was neat and in a chignon. Hehe... finally....
1.000x better than a nice hat and a messy hairdo popping out!

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix is in need of a pedicure methinks.

BeatrixFan said:
Queen Beatrix is in need of a pedicure methinks.

She has stood in high heels for three days, with her overweight and her age (69).
My feet would have been all blisters.

Oh I understand that. But she knew she'd be going barefoot. And who forces her to wear high heels? Don't get me wrong, I say this with love, these feet are not for public display.

Back
Top Bottom