Dutch State Visit to Turkey: February 27-March 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a lot of flying no wonder she looks tired.

Visit to a school - Maxima looks good in that color also like the hat.

The Queen & the CP couple
Picture 2
Picture 3

Arriving in Turkey - CP couple picture
Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer (3rd L) shakes hands with Dutch Queen Beatrix (2nd R) while Turkish First Lady Semra Sezer (R), Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander (2nd L) and Princess Maxima (L) - picture

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands visits Turkey includes a few pictures of the royal couple - pictures

polfoto pictures - three pictures that i have not seen on other agencies

Last edited:
It seems this is a busy visit, lots to do & lots to meet. I hope Maxima would be fine doing everything on the agenda. A gala dinner tonight, lots of great pictures will be seen soon.

Dutch queen starts 4-day state visit to Turkey

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands started a four-day state visit to Turkey on Tuesday, her first visit to - full article & source

Dutch Queen Beatrix arrives in Turkey today for 4 day visit

Queen Beatrix of Holland arrives in Turkey today for a 4 day visit as the official guest of President Ahmet Necdet Sezer, accompanied by her son, Prince Willem Alexander, and her daughter in law Princess Maxima, who is 7 months pregnant.

Sources report that the Dutch royal family is bringing along a supply of Dutch soil with them, in case Princess Maxima - this is an intresting article, full article & source

The black hat is very pretty!!! It is of the Fabienne Delvigne?

selminha said:
The black hat is very pretty!!! It is of the Fabienne Delvigne?

Yes, I think it is a Fabienne Delvigne as it looks like a spin-off from the hat she wore for the baptism of Princess Alexia (in grey, that was). She has worn this style of bird-nests a few times, also in Australia and New Zealand.

Horrible creations!

Today's hat is very poorly placed on her head and the unkempt hairdo hanging under it, geesh.... a very poor performance.

The Princess really should stick to wide-brimmed hats. These messy amateuristic-looking birdnests do nothing for her.

:neutral:

royalgertjan said:
will they wear a tiara tonight?

You never know with republics.
Remember the State Visit from Russia: no diademes, no white tie, not even black tie...

:wacko:

Henri M. said:
Monday morning she drove with the Queen from The Hague to Amsterdam, to take the royal flight from Amsterdam to Rhodos, Greece, for a short stay and acclimatization.
not to be snide, but I find it interesting how they always manage to incorporate a little vacation into each work visit to other countries. I'm not begrudging them this, but I do find it peculiar: when I traveled a lot for a former employer of mine, I knew better than bookend short vacation trips onto the work-related visits for private use on my employer's dime. :lol:

all the time

Since they were expected to arrive at 10:00 in the morning, that would have meant getting up at at least 4 am in the night if flying in from the Netherlands. Going a day early to a more closeby location makes total sense, esp with the pregnant Maxima there.
This is what business people do all the time when on business trips. Nothing peculiar about it.

first picture from the dinner - picture
Maxima is in a recycled evening gown, no tiara.

Edited
ANP pictures of tha gala dinner

Maxima looks beautiful, the dress is recycle, looks better this time round.Tiara or not, her hair is well pulled back, she looks like she got some rest.Queen Beatrix looks all smiley

ANP picture gallery of today excluding the gala, picture of arrival, school visit, museum visit & meeting with PM
Polfoto pictures, not including gala dinner

Last edited:
maxima's hats today were awful :wacko: , but her coats looked nice!

I hope to see some more stunning hat creation of HM Queen Beatrix during this visit! The first were nice, but not as extravagant and special as usual. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the first pictures of the gala! Maxima looked nice! I like her hairdo and I'm glad she decided to wear the Aquamarine Jewels.

Is this a new dress for the Queen?

I like the black outfit and the hat of Maxima, but the red hat was really horrible, she looked beatiful at the evening with all the aquamarines. I think it's quiete hard for her (with her condition) to keep up with the rather bussy tempo.

corazon said:
you can be sure abuot that!!!!
she look so so pregnant, the due date is april? I think april:flowers:

They said the second half of April but I think it is a bit earlier. All Dutch Royal children were earlier then their due date, maybe they want to confuse the media with that?
Maybe beginning of April, end of March?

Great pics everyone! I love how many pics there are of the Queen. I really hope Maxima will be alright during this trip it certainly seems a little risky for her to be so far away from home right now. I'm kind of thinking this baby will make an early appearance.

ANP Photo has more pictures of the events:
ANP Beeldbank Hit the forward arrow in the upper right frame.

I really like this photo of Her Majesty:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07022754.jpg

Máxima looks absolutely stunning!
If she also consistently dressed this well for her daytime engagements (ie hair properly coiffed, flattering outfits, moderate use of jewelry) she would easily be Europe's best dressed and most glamorous princess!

I have a question to all

I was curious about something today. Here in America when our president or vice-preseident is out of the country, many times there is very little coverage of a visit abroad. If one watched a 24 hour news channel such as CNN or FOX news then one would see some stuff about the president's trip abroad but otherwise not much is talked about unless something really huge happens. But locally speaking very little coverage. So that's my question, right now the Dutch royals are on a state visit to Turkey. How much coverage is there of this on Dutch television? Do they have special reporters covering this and keeping the public informed day by day with the visit or does one have to be on a news channel or glued to the TRF's to get info about it. Just curious!:rolleyes:

Alisa said:

If she also consistently dressed this well for her daytime engagements (ie hair properly coiffed, flattering outfits, moderate use of jewelry) she would easily be Europe's best dressed and most glamorous princess!

I have to agree with you on that. She always looks great for the evening engagements but needs to work on her daytime ones for sure. I have always liked Maxima very much, she is one of my favourite princesses. I think she can succeed to be the best dressed, glamourous princess..one day...:) Perhaps she might want to hire us as fashion advisors..:)

Maxima looks wonderful as always! The dress's color is similar to the one she wore during King Harald's birthday celebration, no?

prinsesbeagle said:
Since they were expected to arrive at 10:00 in the morning, that would have meant getting up at at least 4 am in the night if flying in from the Netherlands. Going a day early to a more closeby location makes total sense, esp with the pregnant Maxima there.
In this particular case, you may well have a point. I'm realizing there may be logistical reasons for the Rhodos connection, although Istanbul-Netherlands isn't the kind of long flight like Australia-Europe. And anyway I meant more in general that Alex&Co have the tendency to glue little 'rest days' onto their schedules, that's a fact and a well known one at that.
prinsesbeagle said:
This is what business people do all the time when on business trips. Nothing peculiar about it.
Oh really? Well I myself travel a lot for work and I can assure you, employers these days are a bit more on the penny with that kind of behavior than they used to. And sure, royals aren't the same as us worker bees, but why not? They are OUR servants, not the other way around. (yes, our. I'm Dutch too but don't live in the Neth.)

Alisa said:

Anyone recognize Maxima's jewelry? Never seen that necklace before.

Ugh, Maxima and her hats! The navy one is falling off her head (and her hair is a mess), and the pink turban is strange and unflattering. The actual outfits are OK. But the headwear detracts from the overall outfit.

Really like her evening wear. The aquamarine jewellery is lovely. And her hair is neatly and prettily pulled back.

sem said:
I like the black outfit and the hat of Maxima, but the red hat was really horrible, she looked beatiful at the evening with all the aquamarines. I think it's quiete hard for her (with her condition) to keep up with the rather bussy tempo.
I totally agree with you!!:)

Aurora810 said:
I was curious about something today. Here in America when our president or vice-preseident is out of the country, many times there is very little coverage of a visit abroad. If one watched a 24 hour news channel such as CNN or FOX news then one would see some stuff about the president's trip abroad but otherwise not much is talked about unless something really huge happens. But locally speaking very little coverage. So that's my question, right now the Dutch royals are on a state visit to Turkey. How much coverage is there of this on Dutch television? Do they have special reporters covering this and keeping the public informed day by day with the visit or does one have to be on a news channel or glued to the TRF's to get info about it. Just curious!:rolleyes:

Oh yes,there's quite some coverage here.The visit is on every news broadcast with updates throughout the day,all dutch tv stations and newspapers have a crew in Turkey.
Dutch public tv has a "special" royal news reporter,miss Maartje van Wegen,(ill-)famous for her coverage of royal events over the past decade,who btw is on her last call with this visit.Usually after any state visit dutch public tv also airs a 30 minute,or so,summary,as a "bonus",emphasizing the highlights and backgrounds,in the weekend following the visit.There also is extensive coverage beforehand about the countries visited.In this case,with hundreds of thousands dutch of turkish descent,it is not just the dutch media,but the turkish media is there in throngs too.(We have lots of turkish tv channels/papers here as well).

(Turkey also is a favorite holiday destination to many dutch,and quite a few dutch pensionados have found their home from home at one of the mediterranean resorts,not a pensionado yet:rolleyes: ,but I do have my paradise in the sun there,not in any well-known resort tho,a sort of "hidden" paradise in an unspoilt area.It's a wonderfull,warm and welcoming country and food to die for I can assure you,but that's OT;) )

(The State Visit coincides with the "Turkey Now" cultural festival here in NL,with the opening at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam with a performance of the "Queen of turkish music" Sezen Aksu,hear her sing "Istanbul" and you're lost...:wub:
To the turkish and dutch posters:)
...::: Turkey Now :::...

Another "Royal" journalist is Mr.Hans Jacobs,HJA,and his royalblog,he writes for the what we call the GPD papers conglomerate,and he travels the globe with the RF.You can find him here with daily updates and pictures:

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Hope I've answered your question,maybe fellow dutch posters can fill in more.:flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom