Dutch State Visit to India: October 24-27, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is Máxima insisting with this kind of full skirts? Probably because she likes them a lot but it's strange that no one close to her tell her these skirts do nothing for her. Anyway, I like her hat. No other Princess carries a hat so well as Máxima.

Why is Máxima insisting with this kind of full skirts? Probably because she likes them a lot but it's strange that no one close to her tell her these skirts do nothing for her. Anyway, I like her hat. No other Princess carries a hat so well as Máxima.

Actually I think they suit her more than pencil skirts:)I guess she's a big fan of full skirts:rolleyes: & i agree, about no other princess carrying a hat as well as Maxima especially the nest hat wish for some weird reason I love:D

More pictures from today
Maxima
W-A & Maxima 1
W-A & Maxima 2
Maxima close up
Queen & Cp couple
Queen & Cp couple 2
Queen & Cp couple 3

Last edited:

I think full skirts are perfect for her sportive leggs and hipps. Mary and Laetitia can where pencil skirts because they are so skinny. Rania also.
But Maxima and Mette-Marit not. It's my opinion.

I think full skirts are perfect for her sportive leggs and hipps. Mary and Laetitia can where pencil skirts because they are so skinny. Rania also.
But Maxima and Mette-Marit not. It's my opinion.

Another reason might be that it is easier to bend down in full skirts...Maxima must be able to come eye-to-eye with children, people in wheelchairs, hospital beds, etc. :flowers:

OMG the hat of Maxima is soooooooo ugly.... :D:D:D where are the birds???

i loved every outfit of maxima! her gala dress was gorgeous, and so were the two grey outfits during the day. i loved the red dress but hated the "hat".

the queen looked impressive during the gala!

Well, hat-wize this visit has been an absolute disaster, HM´s hats look weird as usual, the red one looks cheap but Maxima´s stuff get´s weirder and weirder. All from Fabienne Delvigne I assume?

Does anybody know the designers of Maxima´s clothes? It isn´t the typical Natan collection of this winter (maybe she could get her hands on the summer collection of 2008 already though).

Well, hat-wize this visit has been an absolute disaster, HM´s hats look weird as usual, the red one looks cheap but Maxima´s stuff get´s weirder and weirder. All from Fabienne Delvigne I assume?

Does anybody know the designers of Maxima´s clothes? It isn´t the typical Natan collection of this winter (maybe she could get her hands on the summer collection of 2008 already though).

But Marengo! Did you miss Fabi D.'s self praise?
You should go and read it here: India Bhutan News Royalblog.nl: Máxima draagt 'Delvigne' met genoegen
I agree, it's becoming more weird every time she's wearing a hat. Too bad, because once she really had the best hats, imo.

And I still think it's all Natan. The skirt she wore yesterday at the arrival is a typical Natan cut. Same goes for the orange dress with the beads and embroidery at the front. Also very Natan. I'm not sure about today's dress, but well... I wouldn't be surprised if Eddy had his say in that one too.

That's what I hate about Natan. It's so predictable. You see what happens when Maxima wears other clothes, like the cranberry red dress from Oscar de la Renta a couple of weeks ago, she immediately looks so much better!:ermm:

Good grief, apparently we still have a yellow-red turban to look forward to, well Fabi D. is right about herself, she surely surprises us!

I agree Maxie, it looks very Natan indeed. I wonder why she sticks to his designs the way she does, they aren´t that exeptional. She could get better stuff even from Dutch designers like Addy van den Crommenacker, Mart Visser and Frans Hoogendoorn. In the beginning of her marriage she seemed to diversify a bit more, getting things for several designers. Now maybe she is fed up with looking for clothes and just thinks a few visits to Brussels will do the trick. Maybe she could hire a stylist every now and than like Mary does?

Biiiig sigh

Last edited:
pictues above were The royals visited the Dutch community in India.
W-A & Maxima arriving 1
W-A & Maxima arriving 2

Maxima looks like she is in a rush, her skirt doesnt look like it was pressed & i think its abit too short.

Micro-finance can be an enabler to achieve goals: Prince Willem - article

Last edited:
Maxima looks like she is in a rush, her skirt doesnt look like it was pressed & i think its abit too short.

I believe the cut of the skirt provided that "wrinkled" effect. And I don't really dislike the length of it...what I do not get are the light-blue shoes (was she trying to match WA's tie? Because I can't find any other reason) along with the beige outfit. And I hated the hat, once again...

Well, hat-wize this visit has been an absolute disaster, HM´s hats look weird as usual, the red one looks cheap but Maxima´s stuff get´s weirder and weirder.

I agree 100%. I began losing my faith progressively on her hats - I guess since last Prinsjesdag ....;)

I don't like this last outfit at all!!!! It makes her look big and not stylish.

Máxima on the first day looked fantastic! The big grey hat and outfit, the orange headband and dress, the purple and grey evening gown :) Loved it all :D

She's been wearing a lot of those neutral colors for this state visit! I had hope for a little bit more color but nevertheless her outfits are nice.

They all seem to be having a good time in India. Did anybody catch a picture of the Royals meeting Sonia Gandhi, the Italian who leads Indias ruling party?

I think the lunch with Sonia Ghandi was a private one, haven't seen any pictures of it. They do know each other btw, Mrs Ghandi was here in Juni for a congress or something and the day afterwards she was sailing with HM on the Groene Draeck.

Like the neutral colour, assume that it is linen but it has a woollen appearance that makes it look uncomfortably warm and I do not like the shoes, design and colour, she has a bit thick legs and a band around the ankle does not elangate the leg. Sometimes she can look like a "doll" and the chubbyness does not matter but this outfit does not flatter her.:flowers:

i loved the hat and outfit of the last pictures! http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2007/07102563.jpg

I have liked everything she has worn except this last suit. The bubble or balloon skirt to me does not look good on any one.

Back
Top Bottom