Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, thanks so much for the pictures Fanletizia and Adry. I didn't think that we would get to see many pictures from the private part of their travels, so this is great. I love the pics in front of the glacier.

Squidgy said:
Yes, thanks so much for the pictures Fanletizia and Adry. I didn't think that we would get to see many pictures from the private part of their travels, so this is great. I love the pics in front of the glacier.

Nothing to thank Squidgy;) ...Indeed, the pictures are beautiful and they seem to be having fun and relaxed:eek:

Argenpress via AP
the ice is so impressive, no wonder they went there. its funny how Beatrix hair is NEVER out of place, even for outside for private pleassure, she can teach her daughter in law a thing or two (allthough it can be good for the ozon layer:p )

Attachments

• 00209314000001.jpg
    00209314000001.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 421
  • 00209314000005.jpg
    00209314000005.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 390
  • 00209314000006.jpg
    00209314000006.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 00209314000008.jpg
    00209314000008.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 397
  • 00209314000009.jpg
    00209314000009.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 00209314000010.jpg
    00209314000010.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 359
  • 00209314000011.jpg
    00209314000011.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 380
  • 00209314000012.jpg
    00209314000012.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 00209314000013.jpg
    00209314000013.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Great pictures! :)
Does the queen wear real glasses? Or is she just wearing sunglasses?:confused:

great pictures. .. It's great to see the family out & about.
Seems like when there's Beatrix, they will visit touristical places.
Without her, the crownprincely family just stay at home or at family/friends events.
Great to see the queen, PoO, and Maxima...

and yeah.. it seems like Maxima is the one who's sort of "out of place" with her sunglasses. But, as always.. she always look stylish...

Princess_Beatrix said:
Great pictures! :)
Does the queen wear real glasses? Or is she just wearing sunglasses?:confused:
The Queen has been wearing glasses since the early sixties... but usually she wears contactlenses

Mandrake said:
The Queen has been wearing glasses since the early sixties... but usually she wears contactlenses
ahh I remember some pics of her wearing glasses (Right now.^^) Thanks for reminding me ;)

Okay, now I definitely have to visit Argentina! That's what I call a glacier. Seen many in my life on the continent of Europe, but this one definitely wins it! So blue! :)

Thanks for the pics, all! I like Beatirx wearing glasses! It makes her look like the wise woman she is! :)

I thought someone mentioned that the weather would be nice. But the royal family look all bundled up. I suppose it's because of the glaciers that by the way look beautiful. Thanks to all those who post pictures.

Kelly said:
I thought someone mentioned that the weather would be nice. But the royal family look all bundled up. I suppose it's because of the glaciers that by the way look beautiful. Thanks to all those who post pictures.

Well, it is autumn now in South America and the temperature is rather mild and comfortable, between 25 and 35 celsius.

I guess that the glaciers are indeed the reason why they're all bundled up.

Fantastic pics!!!
It's nice to see them so relaxed and having time out in the public eye.

Lovely pictures indeed! Máxima though seemed a little 'out of place', looking like a Hollywood star on the watch out for paparazzis :D

Well, it has rained yesterday, so i hope it doesnt rain until next week, so Máxima&WA&Beatrix have a great time with nice weather here:)
Everybody is quite excited here, a state visit!!! I think this is the most important state visit done to Argentina(i dont remember another)
So i cant wait till thursday!haha

Princess Maxima said:
Well, it has rained yesterday, so i hope it doesnt rain until next week, so Máxima&WA&Beatrix have a great time with nice weather here:)
Everybody is quite excited here, a state visit!!! I think this is the most important state visit done to Argentina(i dont remember another)

Maybe it isn't the most important but it is the most wanted as one of you is now the future Queen of the Netherlands;) :p

Princess Maxima said:

You must be so excited Princess Maxima! Do you think we will see the Queen, the PoO and Maxima playing tourist again before Thursday, or do you think they will be keeping a low profile?

I loved the pictures today in front of the glacier. Argentina is a very beautiful place!:)

Thanks for the pictures: fabulous! :)

Princess Máxima is wearing a Ponchito!:D

Where are the little girls?:rolleyes:

Really nice pics, and Argentina looks very beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to make a remark: the Glaciar Perito Moreno is not in Tierra del Fuego, but in the province of Santa Cruz, which is about a thousand miles further up north or so... distances are huuuuuuuuuge in Arg.
As some of you have already said here, I hope that our president K won't be his usual AH during the official visit of the Dutch Royals... for starters, what will he serve for dinner now that he's decreed a boycott on beef??? That's one of our trademarks, for God's sake!!!
Lovely pictures, keep they coming!:)

those photos are absolutely great! i always love to see royals in their free time, and more in this lovely landscape and with the dutch royals. it's great that they chose to see the glaciar perito moreno (it's a really famous place for tourists, the next one of argentina after buenos aires and cordoba). further down, tierra del fuego, is another very visited place, since wales and killer wales live there as well as many other types of unusual fauna. it's an amazing place, really.

"Perito Moreno has the distinction of being the only glacier in the world to be still growing. It is located within the Glacier National Park, which extends for 350 kilometres along the Andes and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. "

by the way, another royal visit to the glaciar was by the king and queen of spain invited by our president K and his tacky wife the first lady. the photos were incredible as well. (curiously, in that same visit of the king and queen, maxima's parents joined them in one of the visits, i always wondered if it was because of maxima's political career or perhaps they know each other?)

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to make a remark: the Glaciar Perito Moreno is not in Tierra del Fuego, but in the province of Santa Cruz, which is about a thousand miles further up north or so... distances are huuuuuuuuuge in Arg.
As some of you have already said here, I hope that our president K won't be his usual AH during the official visit of the Dutch Royals... for starters, what will he serve for dinner now that he's decreed a boycott on beef??? That's one of our trademarks, for God's sake!!!
Lovely pictures, keep they coming!:)

:) lol pooky. it's incredible that us, all the argentinians, say exactly the same about the president and his non protocolar manners. you can have a look at my comments, victoria's and silvermj's on this same issue. kirchner is just NOT the person to trust with high personalities. i really hope some other person will be the host.

Hey, I was there in December 1999! We arrived in Buenos Aires on December 24th, 1999 and we left on January, 6th 2000... It was a wonderful holiday: we spent 7 days in Baires, 3 in Patagonia and 4 in Mar del Plata.
I adore Argentina! :)

fanletizia said:
Queen Beatrix from Holland,Crown prince Willem Alexander and Crown princess Maxima in glacier Perito Moreno in Tierra del Fuego (Argentina). All together enjoys a short vacation in Argentina before the official visit to Argentina.

from brunopress

yeah, they are here. And the media is crazy about that.

"Perito Moreno has the distinction of being the only glacier in the world to be still growing. It is located within the Glacier National Park, which extends for 350 kilometres along the Andes and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. "

:) lol pooky. it's incredible that us, all the argentinians, say exactly the same about the president and his non protocolar manners. you can have a look at my comments, victoria's and silvermj's on this same issue. kirchner is just NOT the person to trust with high personalities. i really hope some other person will be the host.[/quote]

Carlota,
Yes, it was because I had read your previous comments about K. that I mentioned this... I don't see him on the news every day or hear much about him because I'm currently living in The Netherlands - but I've read and heard about his blunders with the protocol and that kind of thing...

The Glaciar Perito Moreno is indeed an incredible place - unfortunately, not many argentinian people know it, because the prices for tickets there and lodging etc are extremely high.

I've just seen on the news here in Holland an interview with an argentinian paparazzi who's been chasing Máxima and W-A ... they showed a couple of pictures of both of them having angry words with this photographer bec. he tried to take pictures of private moments of the family while eating out, shopping etc...

Maxima looks great!!! Wonderful pictures. Thanks...:)

Pooky said:
I've just seen on the news here in Holland an interview with an argentinian paparazzi who's been chasing Máxima and W-A ... they showed a couple of pictures of both of them having angry words with this photographer bec. he tried to take pictures of private moments of the family while eating out, shopping etc...

I missed that, Which program? RTL Boulevard?

by the way, another royal visit to the glaciar was by the king and queen of spain invited by our president K and his tacky wife the first lady. the photos were incredible as well. (curiously, in that same visit of the king and queen, maxima's parents joined them in one of the visits, i always wondered if it was because of maxima's political career or perhaps they know each other?)

:D yes! I hope she won´t be the host...she´s so tacky and both don´t know what protocol is. Perhaps Scioli and Karina Rabolini (at least she dress up well ) should be the host.I wonder if there will be meat at the reception or K will keep his silly boicot:rolleyes: .

Talking about nicer things i think Queen Beatrix´s visit (as Maxie and WA) is great becouse in some way they show how beautiful places like Perito Moreno exists. I´ve been there a couple of years ago and the landscape is gourgeos! The best trip ever (altough the 40throad isn´t well, the landscape worth it). Too bad it´s a bit expensive for argentinians -esp the trekking on the glacier-:(

The pics are great! Maxima and his poncho! She really needs the sunglasses becouse the glacier is very bright. Beatrix´s hair is always in it´s place. However they look normal and happy!. Hope the girls are having a good time

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but what is this meat/beef boycott that a few people have been refering to?

Back
Top Bottom