Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Máxima was radiant, elegant and happy in every event!:)

As a crown princesse of the Nederlands she couldn't sing the Argentinian Hymn. Her attitude was correct.

Vanesa.

:rolleyes:It's not just the clothes that makes PMaxima beautiful, it's her warm friendly smile, it charms her face,

Thanks for the welcome Squidgy. It's really wonderful to see beautiful photos of Princess Maxima.

I got the impression that since Máxima is the crown princess, suddently there are a lot more official visits to Argentina? ;)

Silvermj said:
Hi Alejandro, and Welcome!!!
For the same reasons that we have when carrying our yerba and mate to travel abroad, even though nobody in those countries drinks it -with the only exception of Viggo, of course-??

She wears hats in almost every event she attends to, so it is absolutely normal for her to wear hats here eventhough we are not used to wear them in Argentina.:)

And it is a real pity that she and the Queen did not wear tiaras at Teatro Colon!!!!! :( I would have loved to see those tiaras at a Colón Gala!!!!!:)
Hi and thank you! :)
Hmmmm, I'll never understand what women wear and when ... :rolleyes: I'm glad I'm a man. If I ever have to go to a special place (palace, royal visit, etc.), I'll know what to wear! ;)
The Colón Theatre looked just great!!! And yes, with women wearing tiaras (those little crowns, ¿no?) it would have looked like Cinderella's palace, prince (Wilhelm) and all! :p
Take care!
Alejandro

alejandro_sk said:
:rolleyes: I'm glad I'm a man. If I ever have to go to a special place (palace, royal visit, etc.), I'll know what to wear! ;)

Alejandro

yeah, a tuxedo or a tuxedo? very difficult choice!;)

lilytornado said:
I got the impression that since Máxima is the crown princess, suddently there are a lot more official visits to Argentina? ;)

Lilytornado,

Eventhough Maxima has visited Argentina many times since her engagement and wedding to WA, this is the very first official visit of the Queen to the country. Obviously the relationship between the countries has deepen and improved since she is the CP and tourism has increased as well. Cheers for the new relationship and Maxima's hard work!!!!:)

It was reported in a dutch newspaper that Queen Beatrix visited some of the mothers of the paza de Mayo on the last day of her visit, again without the press present.

This was posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Prince of Orange has called a Dutch photographer several names because he was taking photos of Princess Amalia having her first tango lessons in Buenos Aires-San Telmo. She danced with Fabiano, the 6 years old nephew of Máxima's. When the little man became too Latin the photo was made.

Abaca Press

Face to Face

Last edited:
A pic i took of Máxima:
untitledwater2.jpg

Máxima waves to me and has my dutch flag:
zzzmaximaenarg15.jpg

My letter, flowers and flag on thursady:
vicky5.jpg

The pics of above are from Picture Press Europe(except from the one i took :) )

Leaving Argentina, from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00157386.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157386.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 315
  • pre-SEEGER00157389.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157389.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 150
  • pre-SEEGER00157392.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157392.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 313
  • pre-SEEGER00157393.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157393.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 268
  • pre-SEEGER00157394.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157394.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 283
  • pre-SEEGER00157395.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157395.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 161
  • pre-SEEGER00157385.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00157385.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 196
Images From PPE

Attachments

• 06040157.jpg
    06040157.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 06040156.jpg
    06040156.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 340
  • 06040153.jpg
    06040153.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 277
Princess Emma said:
Eventhough Maxima has visited Argentina many times since her engagement and wedding to WA, this is the very first official visit of the Queen to the country. Obviously the relationship between the countries has deepen and improved since she is the CP and tourism has increased as well. Cheers for the new relationship and Maxima's hard work!!!!:)
Ah, ok, thank you. But I think it's nice. And so, the queen gets to see the country where her daughter-in-law grew up and I'm sure Máxima can show and explain her and Willem a lot of things.And she is a native spanish speaker!:) :)

haha I like the clothes of the leaving the most, but we didn't saw that very much, just at the airport

Victoriys said:
Anybody knows the designer of the Máxima’s hat?
I would like to know the designer of the various hats Maxima's worn on this trip, too. I think her hats have been wonderful. I loved especially the hat worn on the final day at the airport. But there is something about the wide turned down brims of the hats she wore with the pink outfit and the deep red outfit. Very dramatic shapes but also probably very practical in terms of blocking the heavy rays of the sun.

They all seem very much Fabienne Delvigne to me, a belgian hat designer who cooperates with the house of Natan. She also designs a lot for Queen Paola, The Duchess of Brabant, Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa etc.

I just saw a summary of the visit on television. They showed a speech given by the Queen with dutch immigrants in a village. She referred to the fact that a lot of 'mixed' marriages happened nowadays between dutch immigrants and argentinian people, and she gave one of her charming and shy smiles and pointed at her son & daughter-in-law, adding that she hoped that all those couples were as happy as her son and daughter-in-law.
How sweet :)

Marengo said:
I just saw a summary of the visit on television. They showed a speech given by the Queen with dutch immigrants in a village. She referred to the fact that a lot of 'mixed' marriages happened nowadays between dutch immigrants and argentinian people, and she gave one of her charming and shy smiles and pointed at her son & daughter-in-law, adding that she hoped that all those couples were as happy as her son and daughter-in-law.
How sweet :)
Yes, very sweet.

Face to Face originally posted by Adry in this thread (sorry to put the thumb again but I wanted to make a point clear;) )

WOW, what a sharp looking couple, I guess W-A was envied by all males in the gala dinner:cool:

I met an Aregentine guy at a Bar-B-Q over the weekend and he complained that there are plenty of better looking women in Argentina that the Crown Prince could have married. It might be true, but just look at Maxima. She is vivacious and beautiful. She is educated and intelligent and she has brought so much life and vitality to a man that was referred to as Prince Pils! He has the better deal in my opinion because she has raised his profile by being so professional in her new role. It is so nice to see a career woman take on a traditional role of wife and mother and to push the envelope. Maxima has overcome many obstacles from her father and she has pursued many worthwhile projects such as microcredit finanacing and the integration of foreigners into Dutch society. Prince W-A is a very lucky man.

Maycastle said:
I met an Aregentine guy at a Bar-B-Q over the weekend and he complained that there are plenty of better looking women in Argentina that the Crown Prince could have married. It might be true, but just look at Maxima. She is vivacious and beautiful. She is educated and intelligent and she has brought so much life and vitality to a man that was referred to as Prince Pils! He has the better deal in my opinion because she has raised his profile by being so professional in her new role. It is so nice to see a career woman take on a traditional role of wife and mother and to push the envelope. Maxima has overcome many obstacles from her father and she has pursued many worthwhile projects such as microcredit finanacing and the integration of foreigners into Dutch society. Prince W-A is a very lucky man.

maxima is one of those women that is not beautiful for her looks but rather for her personality. I love that she always comes across as personable, radiant and happy, and that makes her beautiful. She has done a wonderful job in her role and yes prince W-A is definitely a lucky man.

I really love all her outfits in this travel.
Congratulations to Princess Maxima for meeting her!
Lucky you!

MAXIMA - WILLIAMS stop in the Northwest state of JUJUY to give the chance to Queen BEATRIX to know the people from the poor Argentine State before leave Argentina. Here in the TILCARA COOPERATIVE where MAXIMA was last year

from anp and PPE

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 4.JPG