Dutch Royal Family Christmas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
These pictures were originally posted by Henri M. at the Benelux Royals MB.

They are originally from the Palais Het Loo website.

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial] Royal Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn has opened an exhibition on 300 Years Christmas with the Orange-Nassaus.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Attachments

• Het Loo-1.jpg
    Het Loo-1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 705
  • Het Loo-2.jpg
    Het Loo-2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 766
  • Het Loo-3.jpg
    Het Loo-3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 707
  • Het Loo-4.jpg
    Het Loo-4.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 886
The rooms are gorgeous -- I wonder if each room is representative of the style of a century or what? And that must be a chapel? How beautifully decorated with the fresh (in it's day, anyway) greens. I especially like the second picture with the rose coloring.

Does anyone have more information about this exhibit? Will Margriet open the exhibit officially?

Emily said:
The rooms are gorgeous -- I wonder if each room is representative of the style of a century or what? And that must be a chapel? How beautifully decorated with the fresh (in it's day, anyway) greens. I especially like the second picture with the rose coloring.

In the palace each room represents a monarch/royal. For example" they have the office of Queen Wilhelmina, the sitting room of Queen Emma, Sleeping Room of King Willem III, smoking room of Prince Hendrik etc etc. My favourite are the rooms of the original owners William & Mary (who received more rooms then the other royals).

Thank you for that explanation, Marengo. Do you have any other pictures you can post? I enjoy looking at the rooms.

Emily said:
Thank you for that explanation, Marengo. Do you have any other pictures you can post? I enjoy looking at the rooms.

You can google on 'paleis het loo', there will show up some nice pictures, unfortunately most of the outside and the gardens of the palace, but still worth taking a look at. Can't post them here though, don't know where they are coming from (with all the copyright and stuff...) :)

There are some pictures on the official website: www.paleishetloo.nl, but for more you should follow Maxie's advice & google.

I visited the palace in december,with the weddingdresses & the special decorations, which was very nice. Again I lost my way in the forest & we stumbbled over graves for horses & dogs, and saw scary-looking wooden sheds.

I visited the palace in december,with the weddingdresses & the special decorations, which was very nice. Again I lost my way in the forest & we stumbbled over graves for horses & dogs, and saw scary-looking wooden sheds.

Was this in the palace grounds???

Maxima and Willem give the girls a lift with Christmas pageant outing

Princess Maxima of The Netherlands and her family made a happy party of five as they headed out to a pre-Christmas carnival. Blending into the crowd like any other parents, the Argentine-born royal and her husband Willem-Alexander hoisted their daughters on to their shoulders so they could get a closer look at the Saint Nicholas pageant in the town of Wassennar.

The weekend's festivities were held in honour of Black Peter, the page who in local folklore heralds the arrival of Saint Nicholas – the Dutch equivalent of Santa Claus – on December 5.

Christmas is an extra special time in the royal household as the couple's eldest Amalia celebrates her birthday two days after the feast of Saint Nicholas. This year the little girl turns five, while her sisters Alexia and Ariane are three and one respectively.

Zimbio Pilot - Princess Maxima Of The Netherlands

Don't the Dutch Royals attend any Christmas Service as the British and Danish royal families do?

Don't the Dutch Royals attend any Christmas Service as the British and Danish royal families do?

Yes ofcourse they do.But as it is private,you won't see any pics.

Back
Top Bottom