Dutch & Japanese Photoshoot in Apeldoorn: August 18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, great pictures. Masako looks great and seems relaxed, and little Aiko is adorable.

I can't wait to see this photoshoot with the two Families interacting together! I think this is a good policy for everyone - media, public, and even for the two future Queens. These royal children should get along from earlier ages to avoid shyness and create a good relationship since the beginning.

I'm looking forward to this photo-session as well, although I do hope that they will give the children (Amalia, Alexia and Aiko) some time to play together before the photo-session so that the photo's won't look to posed.

On allmost every picture I've ever seen of little Aiko she allways holds on to her mother's or father's hand. She looks a little shy and timid so I don't know if she will find the courrage to play with some strange kids (how nice and friendly Amalia and Alexia might be). Although things might have changed Aiko goes to school and gets the chance to interact with other girls (and boys?) her age.

Fie said:
I'm looking forward to this photo-session as well, although I do hope that they will give the children (Amalia, Alexia and Aiko) some time to play together before the photo-session so that the photo's won't look to posed.

In that sense it is a bit of a pity that the guests do not stay at the Royal Domain De Horsten in Wassenaar. The princely villa and domain De Eikenhorst is a part of this wonderful nature area and private home to the two Princesses. It is their house, their playroom, their swimmingpool, their backyard, it is their 'natural habitat' you know.

Castle Het Oude Loo, their grandmother's weekend retreat, is as 'strange' to them as it is to Princess Aiko. But I think both Princesses have been in so many places (Amalia and Alexia's grandparents in Buenos Aires, Aiko's grandparents in The Hague) that they are used to it.

:flowers:

Kelly said:
Yay! Another photosession. Were will it be held?

The photoshoot will be held in the gardens at paleis het loo at 10.30 hr dutch time and only invited press will be there. My twinsister wil be there at the palace to try make pictures at the arrivel and leaving the royal guests.

Unfortunally i have to work al day so i cant be there!:bang:

( i am so close in the neighbourhood !!!!!!!!!:sad: )

Last edited:
1st photos from Polfoto

below from Reuters

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooooh ... the girls are so cute and Maxima just looks fantastic :)

Lovely photo's! Amalia and Aiko have become friends I think. Aiko is more taken aback, while Amalia is used to camera's more. I can't wait to see more images.

What a great idea, they all look very happy, both Maxima and Masako look wonderful, Liltte Amalia is already quite the Camera-bug:lol: Maxima does look like a giant next to her guests though, you really see how tall she is

Thanks for the pictures! The girls are so cute! And Amalia is really funny. :mrgreen:

More from Polfoto

below from ANP

from getty images

Photoshoot in Apeldoorn

It's so pity the pics are so dark.
Why no pics outside the house?
The princess are very cute with the blue dresses.

Great photos. They all look so happy and relaxed.

The pictures were taken in the royal stables, which is close to the palace (and castle). A pity they didn´t chose a different location (the splendid gardens for example) but they were probably afraid of rain.

Both Maxima and Masako are looking great, and the little girls are all so adorable. Funny to see how different both couples (and their children) aproach the photographers (Aiko gives them a most imperial look :)). It is good to see Masako so relaxed and happy (though one can never judge from the outside alone), I hope she will enjoy her holiday, her parents and her husband and her lovely daughter.

Last edited:
It's so nice to see princess Masako looking happy and of course Princess Aiko and Princess Amelia look wonderful.

very happy family it looks, hope they have a good time in the Netherlands !

Thanks for the pictures, they are great. It is wonderful to see these two families together. Im glad they are making this trip, specially after all the attention Kiko's pregnancy is having. It is also amazing how calm and happy Masako seems to be, she doesnt seem like someone going through depression and stress disorders.

Oh they all look so happy and like they are enjoying one anothers company.

On a more shallow note, Maxima's outfit is beautiful on her, lovely cut and colour.

Nice to see them back in "action", missed them.

It's a wonderful day and really great to see two crownprincely families (plus one Queen) getting together, especially mixing the whole east & west culture. The children certainly add special touches to the photo session. As always, Amalia is adorable and always manage to cheer the day up. It's nice to see Alexia following her big sis' step to brighten up the day with many smiles & laughs.

I think with this trip, Aiko will get a nice perspective of another style of royal live. She's very cute still holding on to her blue bag, and although somewhat a bit confused through the pictures, she manage to get along well and seems to enjoy the day.
Naruhito & especially Masako really do look they enjoy the day, and look really happy.. maybe that fresh freedom air they're feeling...
It's especially nice for Beatrix to think about inviting the Japanese crownprincely family and hopefully bring a lot of peaceful for them.

I agree it might be better if the photo session could be done outside, after all, Het Loo Palace has a really great outdoor surrounding, and it'll give a better background to the photos.

--
Photo serie by PPE/Nieboer (with 46 photos so far) :
http://www.picturepresseurope.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=18-08-2006%20Apeldoorn

Also, photo link from GETTY

Last edited:
Beautiful photos.

What a contrast in personalities between Aiko and Amalia.

It shows how a mother's personality comes through in her children, quiet Masako and lively Maxima. :)

Last edited:
Crown prince, princess visit stables with Dutch Queen Beatrix

................The event, held at the former Royal Stables adjacent to Het Loo Palace in the northwestern part of the city, was open to dozens of local and Japanese reporters who had gathered there. Just after 11 a.m., the crown prince, his wife Crown Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko showed up from the stables' main building and walked with Queen Beatrix, her son Crown Prince Willem Alexander, his wife Maxima and their two daughters......................
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720272/K=Princess/v=2/SID=w/l=NSR/R=7/;_ylt=A9iIgNRfquVEDW8AgQ7QtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBjZmpxdmw3BHBvcwM3BHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=12agi9ete/EXP=1155988447/*-http%3A//asia.news.yahoo.com/060818/kyodo/d8jipv700.html

Is it just me or does Masako and Aiko just radiant happiness. What a shame..that we never see the same in Japan. The little princesses look so cute. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship between Aiko and Amalia. Hopefully, the Japanese media will report this and people will start to wonder and question the IHA.

The little princesses are soooo cute!!! Amalia is a funny girl!

Zonk1189 said:
Is it just me or does Masako and Aiko just radiant happiness. What a shame..that we never see the same in Japan. The little princesses look so cute. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship between Aiko and Amalia. Hopefully, the Japanese media will report this and people will start to wonder and question the IHA.
Just what I was thinking. I really hope that some Japanese media will pick up some images from this photo session and show them to their people, it's so wonderful to see the Crown Princely family of Japan so happy and relaxed.

Is it me, or does Her Majesty look so immense happy?

Indeed Princess Catharina-Amalia steals the show, the goodnatured character of her father and the excuberance of her mother are clearly visible.

On the NOS Journaal and RTL News I saw Princess Masako being so at ease, so relaxed as never before. The friendly reception by the royal family and the lustrious surroundings of the Queen's weekend retreat will provide her rest and an guaranteed undisturbed vacation.

The Queen's weekend retreat is not visible from the public road, it is surrounded by vast forests and moorlands and the imperial family can leave and arrive, totally unnoticed.

I do hope we will see a pic of the Princess with her parents (her father is a Justice at the International Court of Justice in The Hague) and maybe a nice candlelit banquet somewhere, to say bye-bye.

Last edited:
This session is wonderful for me.
But, imagine how hard has to be the palace for Masako because we see her so happy outside of her country. :sad:
It seems that Masako is more happy than never, so relaxed, I can not imagine how can be for her to live in the palace in Japan, with fixed hard rules...Also I see how Aiko is a little afraid of Amalia :D because she is spontaneous like Maxima, maybe Aiko is learning how life can be outside of the palace too, and she likes this type of life more, with freedom and happiness.
Maxima looks great like always, and Alexia and queen also.

Really I hope Aiko will be the queen of Japan and then she can change some things to be more happy in her life, and not her or his future cousin, I don't like what Kiko is making to Masako, more pression :mad: to her, to her illness.
Hopefully the smile of Amalia can give to them a little bit of happiness :wub:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom