The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2019, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

Are there others like me that rejoice in the fact that there is so little information to be found about the princess and her family?
She wanted to live in anonimity with her children. And they succeeded!
We have to resort to Wikipedia and other indirect sources to even find out if and how many grandchildren she had.

Yay for the princess!!!

Old 08-18-2019, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes and despite the fact that their grandmother was a Queen,their aunt was a queen and 1st cousin is a King they've managed very successfully to keep anonymity and very low profiles.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That was not the context. Prince Henrik touched a big fat pink elephant in the porcelain cabinet, with the blindingly obvious question: why are male spouses treated differently than female spouses? In this era of Me Too, inclusivity and acting like differences in gender are an absolute no-no.

Let us turn it around: were Margriet and Christina two Princes, then their spouses, 100% in the same position as Pieter and Jorge, would have been princesses. Look at Pieter's very own four daughters-in-law.

It is socially desirable to play down and claim that a title means nothing at all. If Pieter had said the blindingly obvious question: hey, why are all my daughters-in-law Princesses and why am I - 52 years a member of the Royal House with a spotless parcours- still just Pieter?

When Jorge Guillermo or Pieter van Vollenhoven claim: pfffwt, a title? It is the same like: pfffwt, a knighthood or a honour? Nooooo, totally un-important! That is the convention. That is the socially desirable answer.

Of course it means nothing. Yeah. Sure. Unless they get a title, a knighthood or a honour.... We all know better.

Literally translated: you throw everyone on 1 pile. And speak for yourself with your last sentence.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Are there others like me that rejoice in the fact that there is so little information to be found about the princess and her family?
She wanted to live in anonimity with her children. And they succeeded!
We have to resort to Wikipedia and other indirect sources to even find out if and how many grandchildren she had.

Yay for the princess!!!
The anonymity of her family is something I can attribute to her. I'm also with you on this. It's in higher level of anonymity as that of the Lorentzen family and some of the Haga Princesses' family.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Majesty

There are more posts about Jorge G. than for the late Dutch Princess. Now about the Lorentzen ..
Old 08-18-2019, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I was reading that among Princess Christina's god patents were Queen Wilhelmina,Prince Felix of Luxembourg,Princess Beatrix,Princess Armgard ,Sir Winston Churchill and Princess Anne of Bourbon-Parma (Queen of Romania).
Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
There are more posts about Jorge G. than for the late Dutch Princess. Now about the Lorentzen ..
Jorge had quite an impact on her life. It is logical that this strange figure is mentioned when we discuss Princess Christina's life. HRH The Prince of the Netherlands even wiped his German derrière with all laws when he smuggled this state-less (and thus passport-less) eh... immigrant, into the Netherlands aboard the Fokker F28 PH-PBX, the Government Airplane, bypassing all controls ...
Old 08-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

Does anybody know if after Princess Cristina divorced Jorge Guillermo if she dated or had any romantic interests?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

This thread starts with a lot of "R.I.P's" and now turns into a lot of discussion about her ex-husband...imo not the way a woman who valued her privacy and independance would want to be remembered

This is a vid of P.Christina singing:
https://youtu.be/0Lfxw84Z6JM
Old 08-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
This thread starts with a lot of "R.I.P's" and now turns into a lot of discussion about her ex-husband...imo not the way a woman who valued her privacy and independance would want to be remembered

In all obituaries, on NOS, RTL, NRC, AD, Trouw, De Volkskrant, nu.nl, and name it all, Jorge is discussed. Even that the couple broke all laws with the construction of De Eikenhorst in a nature reserve, with cramming it full of valuables and Jorge using Princess Christina to his profit. But also the Princess herself with her financial trusts at the Channel Islands, her repeated sales of valuable artworks, the couple's conflicts with residents in Wassenaar, etc. The obituaries are honest and not sugar-caked.

To quote then MP Jozias van Aartsen, the later Mayor of The Hague: "My ladies and gentlemen, we are discussing the royal family, not the Holy Family".
Old 08-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

As one who was not familiar with her life story, I have appreciated the discussions in obituaries and on this forum about her husband's character and the aspects of their lives which changed with marriage and divorce, as they have given me a better sense of the import of being a member (or not) of the Royal House and Royal Family at the time, and of Princess Christina's own character.

Have there been stories from any of the singers she mentored?

Quote:
In all obituaries, on NOS, RTL, NRC, AD, Trouw, De Volkskrant, nu.nl, and name it all, Jorge is discussed. Even that the couple broke all laws with the construction of De Eikenhorst in a nature reserve, with cramming it full of valuables and Jorge using Princess Christina to his profit. But also the Princess herself with her financial trusts at the Channel Islands, her repeated sales of valuable artworks, the couple's conflicts with residents in Wassenaar, etc. The obituaries are honest and not sugar-caked.
Interesting; I imagine those incidents attracted (further) controversy for being at odds with the couple's stated wish for a private life.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

That video is of her singing at her fathers funeral
Old 08-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Threads have a habit of veering off and I think its only natural that her ex husband would pop up when discussing the life of the late Princess.

I remember that clip of the Princess singing at Prince Bernhard's funeral.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:10 PM
Majesty

christina had a lovely voice. i am glad she found her passion and used it to build a career.

i am saddened to read about christina's husband and the way he treated her. how disrespectful and disloyal of him.

it appears that of her children, one married (Bernardo), whilst Juliana is in a relationship (according to: https://gw.geneanet.org/avandam3?lan...aniel+mauricio and https://ptit-bout-de-choux.skyrock.c...est-Maman.html).

no information on Nicolás Daniel Mauricio Guillermo.
Bernardo Federico Thomas Guillermo 1977 Married 2 March 2009 (Monday), New York City (USA), to Eva Marie Prinz-Valdes 1979; he has two kids: Isabel and Julian
Juliana Edenia Antonia Guillermo 1981 Relationship with Tao Bodhi
Old 08-18-2019, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima were at Bernardo's wedding with Eva Prinz-Valdes. By my understanding both Nicolas and Juliana are unmarried but in a relationship.

Juliana would have been a stunning beauty for William or Harry.

Juliana Guillermo:
https://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d...7210970d-400wi

Nicolas and Juliana Guillermo: https://previews.agefotostock.com/pr...h-39153899.jpg

Bernardo Guillermo and Eva Prinz-Valdes: https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D65CC3/ber...ess-D65CC3.jpg
Old 08-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And her daughter has two sons according to Hein Bruins.
Who,btw,is always right in this respect!.Juliana has one or two children and lives quetly in Italy,as was het mom until recently.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I was reading that among Princess Christina's god patents were Queen Wilhelmina,Prince Felix of Luxembourg,Princess Beatrix,Princess Armgard ,Sir Winston Churchill and Princess Anne of Bourbon-Parma (Queen of Romania).
Quite an Illustrous list of Godparents indeed!!
Old 08-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima were at Bernardo's wedding with Eva Prinz-Valdes. By my understanding both Nicolas and Juliana are unmarried but in a relationship.

Juliana would have been a stunning beauty for William or Harry.

Juliana Guillermo:
https://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d...7210970d-400wi

Nicolas and Juliana Guillermo: https://previews.agefotostock.com/pr...h-39153899.jpg

Bernardo Guillermo and Eva Prinz-Valdes: https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D65CC3/ber...ess-D65CC3.jpg
Is Bernardo and Eva still married?
A couple of years ago the couple or rather created much scandal when Eva was named "the homewrecker" in the breakup of musician Kim Gordon's marriage.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Quite an Illustrous list of Godparents indeed!!
Pity there are no photos of that event at Utrecht Cathedral in October 1947.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Pity there are no photos of that event at Utrecht Cathedral in October 1947.
I don't know about that,I think there are if one delves deep enough.
But then at the time flashlights were a must and maybe due to Christina's
eye condition they were not present at the ceremony,so,I at least never saw pictures of her baptism.

Btw,it was in the Dom kerk,not a Cathedral,well...it used to be Basilica at least in the
middle ages until the reformation that is...