Crash: 7 Victims & Perpetrator Dead, 10 Wounded at Queen's Day 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how was he able to answer the police when they took him out if he was braindead?

He was wounded yes,and conscious enough to say what he did right after the drama,he had aimed at attacking the Queen and/or RF.In hospital he had an operation but apparently did didn't save him as he appears to be braindead now.

NOS now also comfirmed that the deathnumber is now 5.

The topic title will have to change.

I'd just like to add my sympathies to the people of the Netherlands and the victims' families. What a tragic occurrence on what should have been a joyful day. Unfortunately, the expression & reaction of CP Maxima says it all.

My concolences for the dutch people, this is horrible, speacially if it is a little girl involve in this tragedy, i am speechless......so sorry!!!!!my hart is with all of you! and the royal familly!

It was requested that NO LINKS to the videos or images be posted. I have deleted the post above. Further infractions will also be dealt with swiftly.

Last edited:
The driver came from Huissen, near Arnhem. He was a security agent and recently fired from his job. He also had to leave his rented house. His name is Karst T.

--
On television people are questioning the future of Queen's Day.

--
Among the victims are 3 children, one of them died.

Last edited:
This is a really sad day for the Netherlands. It now appears that this was indeed an assasination attempt on the Queen.

I have my own opnion on why. I think think was a warning to the Queen to not wait too long on her abdication.

This is such an awful thing to happen and my thoughts are with the family and friends of all those who died.

I was really horrified when i saw pictures in some of the newspapers showing some of the victims after the accident and in particular of a small girl been giving CPR. I really hope that news agencies throughout the world can show sensitivity about which pictures they print as many show the last moments of the innocent victims. Im glad that this forum has totally banned all links to pictures of the event

I have my own opnion on why. I think think was a warning to the Queen to not wait too long on her abdication.

This is surely the most assinine, crass, rude and uncouth statement that I have ever seen. You are taking what is a horrible tragedy and trying to turn it into a joke it seems. This statement is completly inappropriate at this time.

I think it's a good decision to not allow pictures or videos from the tragedy. I was actually crying when I saw the images :sad: God bless everyone especially the victims' families

I try to understand what did this man want when he did this but I can't! Did he want to "punish" the royal family for his situation?!
Does anyone know if this driver had family: wife, children?

Oh my God! :eek:

I cannot belive what happened. Omg what a shock. I feel so sorry for everyone involved!
I really cannot belive what happened. :eek:

This is a really sad day for the Netherlands. It now appears that this was indeed an assasination attempt on the Queen.
You must be joking. :eek: You cannot seriously think that someone kills innocent people just because he wants the Queen to abdicate.
Tasteless comment!

I was very shocked and saddened to hear the news of the car crash today. It is too bad that a day of celebration has been turned into a day of tragedy. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

This is just horrible.

There is no way we can understand why he did what he did. We have to realize that any person to do such a thing deliberately, is not of sane mind.

This matter is indeed already sad enough without wild speculations about this or other aspects of it. Let's stick to the facts, though I understand many of us are upset by this all.

I'm particularly saddened by the death of the little girl. She was probably very excited to see the Queen, and the Crown Prince and Princess. Rest in peace, little one. :-(

Apparantley the little girl wasn't among the deceased ones.

A pregnant woman was.

It's beyond horror...

All my simpathy to all the dutch members of the forum

What a mind numbing day to wrap one's head around. One moment everyone is laughing and celebrating this wonderful day, and the next moment unimaginable yet intended tragedy strikes. I don't understand how someone can make the choice to create such sadness.

I am very surprised, the images that I saw left me in shock, it is very sad what I spend my condolences to every holland for this terrible event

I actually found out about this on CNN.com. My condolences to all Dutch people. I cannot fathom why someone would want to assassinate someone as highly respectable as Queen Beatrix, especially on such a festive, fun day. The video that I saw on CNN was truly awful.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Dutch people on this truly horrible day for your country.

My condolences for the Dutch people and our dutch members of the forum.
I am so sorry!!!!!
My soul and hart is with all of you!
Nothing can explain such an act.
God bless you all!

The chairman of the national Orange commitees expresses his hope that we can keep celebrating Queen's Day the way we did. He also says that the last years the security issues have become more important, esp. since the family is expanding and more difficult to protect at such an event.

TIm glad that this forum has totally banned all links to pictures of the event
Everyone has the option on whether to open a link or read a story, as you did when you read the papers yourself.:flowers: Unless you read the thread from the beginning, most people do not know a ban is in place.

Back
Top Bottom