The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2020, 07:22 PM
Nobility

I know that they have cut flowers and the butlers in livery but I wonder what the money is for! Also, I presume that Queen Maxima's UN work is paid for by the UN.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I know that they have cut flowers and the butlers in livery but I wonder what the money is for! Also, I presume that Queen Maxima's UN work is paid for by the UN.
Máxima's work for the UN is NOT paid by the UN but it is all on the Dutch tax payers... The cost is about 150.000 EUR a year. It is part of the post 'special multilateral activities' of the budget of 'Foreign trade and Development Cooperation' and goes to travel and accommodation costs for the queen and one employee of the 'Royal House Service'.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
????

Until March (when Covid started) the Netherlands enjoyed years of structural State Budget surplusses and a fast shrinking National Debt, ticking all positive boxes of one of the most solvable EU member states with the most sound economies, for decades enjoying a triple A rating on all financial benchmarks.

Not one euro has been cut on the budget of the Royal House, so where that story comes from that they have to cut in flowers and footmen ("butlers")?

All Royal Houses have similar budgets. But the Dutch are the most open and transparant, so also "the most expensive". The so-called "cheapest monarchy" Spain has the grandest palaces but the costs are budgeted under the Patrimonio Nacional and not under the Casa Real.

Well, if the Dutch would do the same, they would "save" 35 million on housing alone. But no, it is designated for use by the Royal House so the costs are correctly allocated to the costs of the monarchy.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
,,, Also, I presume that Queen Maxima's UN work is paid for by the UN.

I doubt it.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
I doubt it.
That is correct. The Dutch State allocates an annual budget of 150.000 euro for the UN activities of Queen Máxima. Besides that she makes use from infrastructure, technics, transportation, logistic and facilitary assistance, secretarial support, communication, security and transportation from the Royal House Service, from the local Embassies, from the Department of Foreign Affairs, from the State Information Service and from the Royal-- and Diplomatic Protection Service.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:44 PM
Nobility

I think this family and their ardent works deserve their holidays and the public stipend:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/0...december-2021/

Tags
finances