Cartoons, Paintings, Parodies etc. of the RF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hilarious...if you understand dutch even more so....

as posted by Joris at the BRMB:

De balletjes van de Koningin

(André van Duyn is a dutch comedian,this is about HM not wishing to serve caviar on her birthday,
but serving her own homemade minced meatballs...:rolleyes:

This is too funny, I hadn't seen it yet. It is almost carnaval, I am sure this will be a hit!

The song is about Queen Beatrix throwing a birthday party and making meatballs for her guests as she is fed up with all the fancy food.

-----#
A Koefnoen parody of the Greet Hofmans crisis. It shows a birthday party of Beatrix (Irene already hugging with trees) and Gret Hofmans comes as a magician and makes the queen do what she says (strange moves in this case):

YouTube - Greet Hofmans op Soestdijk - Koefnoen

And they made a second parody, 'queen Juliana strikes back', giving her side of the story since that was missing in the Fasseur book about the Greet Hofmans crisis. The queen slaps on her chair (she did that in an interview with Maartje van Weegen in 1987, albeit on the table) and ending with the confession that she also had her pleasures and that 3 out of her 4 daughters weren't Bernhard's:

YouTube - Juliana slaat terug - Koefnoen

Last edited:
A new collection of eggs with hand painted figures of members of the Dutch Royal family by Mrs. Tiety Entjes-Weij

PPE Agency

I've just seen those photo's very unique.

x

Hilarious...if you understand dutch even more so....

as posted by Joris at the BRMB:

De balletjes van de Koningin

(André van Duyn is a dutch comedian,this is about HM not wishing to serve caviar on her birthday,
but serving her own homemade minced meatballs...:rolleyes:

And the weekend before carnival (which is now), this song reached no. 1. in the charts.

An interesting photoshopped picture of the Queen, here.

No cartoons, serious stuff

Some artwork of the Dutch royals I made, inspired by photos found on the internet. Her Majesty Queen Juliana was my favorite (adorable, felt like if she was my grandmother), HM Queen Beatrix is a superb queen who does a lot for our country. The pen drawing of Beatrix shows our majesty how she looks nowadays... my work can be found at www.briex.eu but most of my artwork is for sale at Fine Art America

Attachments

• Lieve Koningin Juliana.jpg
    Lieve Koningin Juliana.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Beatrix on your marks get set.jpg
    Beatrix on your marks get set.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 374
  • Hare Majesteit Koningin Beatrix.jpg
    Hare Majesteit Koningin Beatrix.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 958
  • Royal Respect - Her Majesty Queen Beatrix in Oman.jpg
    Royal Respect - Her Majesty Queen Beatrix in Oman.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
It has a lot of references to Dutch politics etc. But the plot is: Máxima is worried about her husband's speeches. You see him being clumsy and using a lot of 'uuh''s when he talks. Even classes from the nuns in Vught (the best language training programme in the country) didn't work: you see a nun telling a tongue twister (De postkoetskoetsier poest het postkoetsportier), 'now repeat after me your majesty', and the king repeats: 'majesty'. Máxima says it is very important that the doctor will help, after which the doctor says he can work miracles and lists these achievements (references to Dutch politicians). WA let his anger go out by boxing against the 'dram book' a book about dreams for our country that was released on the occasion of the inauguration. Halfway Máxima and the teacher come to the conclusion that the king only sounds spontaneous when he cheers (this is when he dances to the music). So they need to give him a reason to cheer: they try last week's speech of the prime minister as an example. The king comments enviously: 'A bad message, but he does it all from his .... (turns his hand with a talking point written on it)... head'. The teacher tries to make him angry, which is the first time that he doesn't 'uuh' and he gets his confidence back. Before he goes upstairs to deliver his speech the teacher tries to give him confidence and gives his last advice: 'go to the core of your happiness and pretend that you are only talking to me' ... after which WA repeats: hockey girls, hockey girls.

Note that he uses quite some 'uuh's' when he talks in real life. In a television show they edited these 'uuhs' to make him sing/uuh the national anthem. The hockey girls joke is due to him cheering on the hockey field with the Dutch (female) hockey teams during the Olympics, hugging them etc. which caused some criticism in the 90-ties.

This is the best Máxima impersonation I have seen thus far btw, the accent, the tone of voice, the way of speaking, the eyes/ mouth movement comes quite close to reality actually, as does the messy hair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom