Appeltjes van Oranje, Annual Oranje Fonds Award (2005-2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GrandDuchess said:
Indeed it's great to see Beatrix, Willem Alexander and Máxima together for this particular event, I think highlighting multicultural efforts/projects is more important then ever in our time. Not loving Máxima's outif, but even so - she manages to look absolutely fabulous almost every time I see her. She's really beautiful, and she's got a great warm exuberance and smile.

I agree with this completely. I think Maxima has been guided well in things she speaks out on: microfinance, assimilation of immigrants, multicultural projects -- and, as well, she has alot of natural ability in promoting these ideas. In general I think she's a sharp cookie who is going to make a very good Queen. Once in a while she gets a little erratic in her dress or hair or actions and I wonder where she is going but she always manages to rein it in and she's off onto something interesting again. For me, she is a very likeable character.

....sorry I should have added this to the above, but does anyone have pictures of her outfit today without the watermarks? Thanks in advance if you can post some!

Last edited by a moderator:
royal spending

I like to see Maxima in stunning outfits, but I heard she went for a day shopping in Rome to buy some clothes and for me it's absolutely shocking that she uses the Royal plane on costs of the Dutch people to buy a new outfit!!!! Very very snobbish!!!

I love her hair today and her smile, incredible!

Yes konan, I think also that this behavour is not the best, but in all the royal houses they make things like this...even if I think is very snob.

nayralorenzo said:
Yes konan, I think also that this behavour is not the best, but in all the royal houses they make things like this...even if I think is very snob.

If it is true at all, because this story comes from a Dutch gossip magazine that isn't too well known for it's credibility...:eek:

More pictures from 30-05-2006 Appeltjes van Oranje without and nearly without watermarks from ANP and www.koninklijkhuis.nl ( royal images )

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 414
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 737
  • RI300512-groot.jpg
    RI300512-groot.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 378
  • RI300506-groot.jpg
    RI300506-groot.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 430
Thanks for the pics...
I really dont like Máxima's outfit this time, but she always looks beautiful---with her BIG smile!

Misshelen -- THANK YOU! I appreciate these photos!

Jess, thank you for these photos. I love the jacket in M's ensemble -- and I really enjoy the photos of all three "Oranges" together. Maxima seems like she has been in the family forever -- hard to believe it has only been four years!

Maxi, you don't have to believe that she flew to Rome only for shopping. But there seriously is a discussion in the politics about the royal family using the royal plane for all their private trips. I think it's time for the royals to pay for private flights and then they can do whatever they want.

Personally I don't like the red nails Maxima is wearing at the Appetjes event.

Last edited by a moderator:
konan said:
Maxi, you don't have to believe that she flew to Rome only for shopping. But there seriously is a discussion in the politics about the royal family using the royal plane for all their private trips. I think it's time for the royals to pay for private flights and then they can do whatever they want.

Well, I surely agree on that one. The Royal Family shouldn't use the royal plane for flying across the globe with no purpose. They'd better go by boat...:p

What are they suppose to use the royal plane for anyways? State visits? Although I don't personally think Princess Maxima or the DRF for the matter is snobby? But that is just IMO.

Yes, the DRF usaully uses the plane for state visits, as far as I know...

Appeltjes van Oranje, Annual Oranje Fonds Award (2007-2014)

The Prince of Orange will hand out the "Appeltjes van Oranje" at Noordeinde Palace today.An annual award for projects in the field of social wellbeing and social cohesion,an initiative of the Orange Foundation of which both Máxima and Alexander are Patrons..

As Princess Máxima usually hands out the Appeltjes,it's now the Prince who has the honors;"finally,and I'm looking forward to it" as he said with a grin.

The prize consists of 15.000 euro's as well as an orange appel designed and made by HM The Queen,an established artist/sculptur.

Het Koninklijk Huis

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy hja.

Last edited:
Did any other member of the royal family attend this? I believe that usually HM is there too for example.

Appeltjes van Oranje, Annual Oranje Fonds Award (2007-2014)

15-05-2007 The Hague Prince Willem Alexander has handed out the ''Appeltjes van Oranje 2007'' at palace Noordeinde in The Hague. Queen Beatrix, Mr. Wijers and Mr. Van der Giessen attended the ceremony.
The annual award of the Oranje Fonds has this year as theme ''The Best of Friends''. and has been awarded to the foundation Exodus Nederland, Friendly Turn Zeist and the foundation Welfare Helmond. The award is 15.000 euro

PPE Agency

that's very nice. is that the only pic?

In the gallery fanletizia posted there are many pictures. And here are some more. :flowers:

Queen Beatrix and Prince Willem Alexander hand out the Orange Pri
Queen Beatrix of Netherlands and her son Crown Prince Willem Alexander hand out the 'awards "Appeltjes van Oranje 2007" to the foundation Exodus Nederland, Friendly Turn Zeist and the foundation Welfare Helmond. Since 2003, the Oranje Fonds prize which consists in a bronze statuette created by HM Queen Beatrix and an amount of Ű 15.000 are awarded in May at the Noordeinde Palace. The purpose is to encourage well-being in society and social cohesion by awarding a prize for organisations working within the area of the Oranje Fonds towards a society with a good quality of life and improving the social relationship between different groups. The Hague, NETHERLANDS - 15/05/2007

Pictures:
A Group Picture
Queen Beatrix and Crown Prince Willem Alexander

Queen Beatrix
Crown Prince Willem Alexander

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa

Last edited:
Thanks Avalon for the pictures, ive never seen Q.Beatrix in public without a hat, nice for a change.

acdc1 said:
that's very nice. is that the only pic?

There's more at the Alexander current events thread,this:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.

Dazzling,HM is at home,Noordeinde Palace,she doesn't need to wear a hat,nor is it appropiate.
:)

Love the Queen's outfit. The collar especially is extremely flattering on her and the earrings are just to die for. HM continues to be the embodiment of grace, elegance and regnal beauty.

The crownprince is giving the prize (little apples of orange) a whole other meaning here.

Two people who received the prize on behalf of their association (whioch heps school drop-outs) were on television last night. Nice to see that the Orange-fund is supporting such a good cause.

Appeltjes van Oranje; May 23rd, 2008

On May 23 HRH Princess Maxima will hand out the annual 'Apples of Orange' awards on behalf of the Orange foundation at Noordeinde Palace. Last year HRH was represented by HRH The Prince of Orange as she was on maternity leave, but this year she will hand the awards out herself. HM the Queen designed the awards herself btw.

Post all the information, pictures and questions about the event in this thread.

Princess Máxima,co-patron of the Orange Fund,at the hand-out of the Apples of Orange to three projects funded/initiated by the Fund,Noordeinde Palace today.The award is a sculpture designed and hand-made by HM The Queen,and 15.000 euro.HM The Queen
and The Prince of Orange were in attendance.

ANP Beeldbank
:flowers:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Last edited:
A nice foundation IMO, giving attention (and money) to all these small project. Blauw Bloed had a short interview with a woman from the Antilles who won a prize, she was very happy with her 'apple' as it was designed (and made?) by HM The Queen.

Funny that Maxima started her speech with thanking her mother-in-law for being allowed to use the ballroom of Palace Noordeinde.
-
Princess Maxima looked nice btw, she might have used some of her time in Argentina to buy some new clothes as she hasn' t been wearing many new stuff from Brussels lately (fortunately).

Back
Top Bottom