Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The foreign Royal Guestlist confirmed thus far:

:swedenstandard: TRH Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden

:norwaystandard:TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway

:belgiumstandard: TRH The Duke and Duchess of Brabant

:spainstandard: SAR Los Principes de Asturias

:denmarkstandard: TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

:royalstandard: TRH The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall

:japanstandard: TIH Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan

:luxstandard: TRH The Heriditary Grand Duke Guillaume and the Heriditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg

:bruneiflag2: HRH Crown Prince Al Muhtadeh Billah of Brunei

:thaiflag2: TRH Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn and Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand

Now plus Albert of Monaco, the palace confirmed it :flowers:

Out of curiosity, where did you/the blog see this confirmation?

To lucien: did the RVD already publish the guestlist? If so, it will be the first time since the funeral of prince Bernhard that the entire family is present.

Last edited:
Mr Franois Chantrait, Directeur du Centre de presse de Monaco confirmed it to me personally on email, I can forward it to you if you want =D

Mr Franois Chantrait, Directeur du Centre de presse de Monaco confirmed it to me personally on email, I can forward it to you if you want =D

No need to email me, I take your word for it :flowers:. I was just wondering how the info. didn't reach the press yet.

----

The bishopric Haarlem-Amsterdam says that HH Pope Francis I congratulated the prince and princes. He wished them well and will pray for them and their family.

The pope feels 'especially connected' to the people attending the special coronation mass at Amsterdam's St. Nicholas Basilica this Sunday.

Paus feliciteert nieuwe koningspaar - Troonswisseling - TROUW

No need to email me, I take your word for it :flowers:. I was just wondering how the info. didn't reach the press yet.

----

The bishopric Haarlem-Amsterdam says that HH Pope Francis I congratulated the prince and princes. He wished them well and will pray for them and their family.

The pope feels 'especially connected' to the people attending the special coronation mass at Amsterdam's St. Nicholas Basilica this Sunday.

Paus feliciteert nieuwe koningspaar - Troonswisseling - TROUW

Maybe more as former çollegue" of the International Olympic Committee then as Prince of the rock...

Do we know where the King and Queen will live?
I know Beatrix will return to the lovely Drakensteyn Castle, I guess I read somewhere that Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima won't move from Eikenhorst, right?

Edit: checked the official website, they'll stay at Eikenhorst then move to Huis ten Bosch Palace

Last edited:

To lucien: did the RVD already publish the guestlist? If so, it will be the first time since the funeral of prince Bernhard that the entire family is present.

It is the first time yes,that they are all together since december 2004,true.Quite a crowd too!

The RVD didn't put Eva Guillermo on the guestlist? She isn't on the list you supplied above.

The RVD didn't put Eva Guillermo on the guestlist? She isn't on the list you supplied above.

Eva's story is just a rumour by a US rag and nothing is proven,nothing more.

why? what did she allegedly do? i couldn't find any info when i googled her.
sorry if it's off-topic by the way.

What story? She's married to the nephew of Beatrix, why wouldn't she attend?

Still, it is odd that she isn't on the official guestlist if the story is untrue. Maybe she has other things to do of course. But did the RVD actually release this Dutch list or are these your expectations (not that it is unlikely that the entire family will be present of course).

---
To lumutqueen and Charlotte Aster, lucien refers to an article posted in this thread, post #97.

----------

The Jewish community is annoyed that Queen Beatrix' farewel party is planned on Septermber 14th, when they celebrate Jom Kipur, the most sacred day of Jewish faith. Rabbi Binyomin Jacobs says: We have been pushed to face the facts, we don't belong to this community'(we horen er niet bij)

This months issue of the New Israelitic Magazine also critisises the the prince and princess. They are disapointed that the couple did not distance themselves from Jorge Zorreguieta. He was a member of the Videla regime, which had a strong anti semetic character, says editor in chief Maurice Swirc.

http://www.nrc.nl/troonswisseling/2...ng-over-afscheidsfeest-beatrix-op-jom-kipoer/

Last edited:
Still, it is odd that she isn't on the official guestlist if the story is untrue. Maybe she has other things to do of course. But did the RVD actually release this Dutch list or are these your expectations (not that it is unlikely that the entire family will be present of course).

---
/QUOTE]

Indeed...it's my own expectations too,yes.The whole family is already gathering not just for W-A's birthday tomorrow as that's a quiet affair,but for the Rijksmuseum dinner on monday all will attend,and the day after that.

Dutch Radio station 100% NL presented it's morning show from Madame Tussaud's Amsterdam branche...under the watchfull eyes of Queen Beatrix...

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1515799

courtesy ANP
:lol:

And ofcourse,for all those who wish to congratulate the new Royal Couple there's this link:

http://www.wishesworldwide.com/?language=en

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some rumours that Prince Albert will attend alone, anybody know something about this?

:previous:

See post # 474.

lucien said:
Indeed...it's my own expectations too,yes.

Ah, so in that case the list isn't the official list yet and Eva Guillermo may still be present. Let's hope she does...

----
I assume that this will be the pergola under which the king will walk to the church:
http://www.royalty-online.nl/images/2013-04/schermafbeelding-2013-04-26-om-20.54.32.png

I hope they can do something about the plastic roof, it looks rather cheap this way -which I am sure it was not. I don't think they will use fishnets, I noticed that Queen Beatrix also chose not to use them, so the last one was Queen Juliana in 1948, a pity IMHO.

Last edited:
I assume that this will be the pergola under which the king will walk to the church:
http://www.royalty-online.nl/images/2013-04/schermafbeelding-2013-04-26-om-20.54.32.png

I hope they can do something about the plastic roof, it looks rather cheap this way -which I am sure it was not. I don't think they will use fishnets, I noticed that Queen Beatrix also chose not to use them, so the last one was Queen Juliana in 1948, a pity IMHO.

Its all starting to take shape,I'd imagine that the Palace and Church have been very busy this past week and will be over the next few days.

----

Will they also make Glass under the pergola like at the Wedding in 2002? let's hope not becaue i remember from watching the Wedding that could not see the people walking good because they where mirroring in the glass.

I didn't read anything about it. 02/02/2002 was only a few months after the 9/11 attacks so the security was tightened. At the timeall important (foreign) guests would walk under the pergola, and the police decided to place the bullit proof glass. This time 'only' the king and queen will enter the church through the side entrance, the other guests will enter at the front. So I can understand it if the authorities decided that the risks of an attack are smaller this time & thus decided not to use the glass corridor.

What a great pity that HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco will not attend. Her serenity would have been an added dimension to this very lustrous occassion.

All is not lost! See the link below for a picture of Queen Beatrix walking underneath the Fishermen's Nets from the Palace to the Church in 1980! Rather than being draped, they were fixed taught, so it's not easy to see.
I expect the nets will be similarly installed for King Willem Alexander!
PvdD: 'Gebruik hermelijnen mantel bij inhuldiging Willem-Alexander onmogelijk' - BINNENLAND - PAROOL

:flowers:

See post # 474.

Ah, so in that case the list isn't the official list yet and Eva Guillermo may still be present. Let's hope she does...

Actually I just forgot to mention her Marengo,c'est tout...LOL..
But the list is otherwise correct.
:flowers:

To get an idea of how the Inauguration will be like,this is the Inauguration of HM Queen Beatrix in 1980.The procedures are the same in this combined session of Parliament,the States General.

Inhuldiging Koningin Beatrix in Nieuwe Kerk - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
All is not lost! See the link below for a picture of Queen Beatrix walking underneath the Fishermen's Nets from the Palace to the Church in 1980! Rather than being draped, they were fixed taught, so it's not easy to see.
I expect the nets will be similarly installed for King Willem Alexander!
PvdD: 'Gebruik hermelijnen mantel bij inhuldiging Willem-Alexander onmogelijk' - BINNENLAND - PAROOL

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed the nets on the clip that I had a look at. Good that they still honor that tradition.

-----
The new king will cancel ALL his patronages, apart from the Orange Fund. The court says that this is done as he wants to be king of ALL Dutch. In that light the court didn't find it suitable that specific organisations receie special attention.

Queen Beatrix will also cancel a lot of patronages, so she will have more spare time.

Willem-Alexander en Beatrix leggen na 30 april meeste erefuncties neer :: nrc.nl

---------

HM's best friend, bridesmaid and godmother of WA, Renée Smith, née Jvr. Röell, speaks to the NOS. SHe says she fell off her chair and burst into tears when she saw the announcement of the abdication. WHen the reporter asks what made the biggest impression on HM, she says: 'the death of her husband'. She expects to shed more tears at the inauguration.

http://nos.nl/koningshuis/artikel/500094-vriendin-beatrix-huilde-om-abdicatie.html

---
Dispite (or because of) the controversy, the 'Koningslied' entered the top50 on the first spot.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/10784/Kronin...3/2013/04/26/Koningslied-op-1-in-Top-50.dhtml

Last edited:
No word from the Morrocan royals yet? I hope Lalla Salma attends, and it would be awesome if Moulay Hassan could attend with his mother.

Im thinking and praying for Johan Friso during this time of festivities.

Its all starting to take shape,I'd imagine that the Palace and Church have been very busy this past week and will be over the next few days.

Busy is a real understatement An!!If it was just for the tens of thousands of flowers that were brought into the Palace yesterday,and the total make-over of the church interior!It will be absolutely beautifull!!Tomorrow,sunday,will see rehearsals by the Prince & Princess and their girls in the church too..It's like a bee-hive there and in the Palace..

Wow we will see pictures tomorow? I'm getting so excited already...

But they could release the full guestlist already, why is taking so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom