Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Balcony Appearance: April 30, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

The abdication of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

This thread will be opened on 30 april 2013. Until then, please use the thread Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander; Suggestions & Musings.

Thanks and happy Posting!

Last edited:
What channel will you guys choose to see online the morning coverage? I know some of the online sites that will stream live, but perhaps you guys know which one is the best to follow.

Thank you, Youtube still has on hold. When will they start streaming? 9am?

I ask me, how the day for Beatrix, Willem-Alexander and Maxima had started. When did they woke up, when did they breakfast and when did the hairdresser and stylist came! And where did they sleep? In Palace?

I wish them a great day!

The Batteries are firing the Salute to The Queen right now!101 canon shots.Bless Her!!

Last edited:
Thank you, Youtube still has on hold. When will they start streaming? 9am?

Then try this one:

NOS.nl - Nieuws, Sport en Evenementen op Radio, TV en Internet | Nederlandse Omroep Stichting

:flowers:

@ Principessa:

The Royal Family stayed at the Royal Palace during the night,they had breakfast and in between Princess Mabel peeked outside with her i-pad and took a pic of the people gathering at the Dam Square in front of the palace and twittered that around...LOL...!

It's funny because I'm watching but the only thing I understand are the names.

I´m hoping for a white/beige dress for Maxima :)

Could the MODS please open the Abdication & Inauguration Information thread?I believe that is today.Thank you.

The Dutch Government Ministers,the Chairs of the Second Chamber and the Senate,the Ministers Plenipotentiary of Curacao,Aruba and St.Maarten,the Governors have arrived at the Royal Palace ahead of the ceremony of the Signing of the Act of Abdication in 48 minutes.

So far so good,its all Orange here at the Dam Square right now:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1520903&flush=1

courtesy anp:flowers:

HM farewell speech that was aired last night was watched by a stunning 5,1 million people..just to proof how much she is appreciated,respected and genuinely loved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think we get live pictures from inside the palace at 10 o´clock?

Isn't it nice of Madame Tussaud's to put the figures of Wilhelmina and Julianne to watch over the ceremony?

If you are living in Either the UK or Ireland you can watch the abdication LIVE on SKY NEWS!

Is anyone having any luck with Hello!'s streaming?

The queen wears purple, Mabel wears a white dress with a print, laurentien is in yellow.
Oh maxima looks ravishing..

The gorgeous little princesses are there as well, looking bright and lovely in yellow.

The queen signed!

Last edited by a moderator:
The AAA are so cute in yellow and with a flower headband on their hair.

Maxima looks regal, beige suits her. I was expecting a light color from her this morning and thankfully she did. Her hair looks beautiful as well, the one thing that I dislike in the huge bow at the top of her shoulder, but still I am no lover of bows, so it can't be helped.

I was just thinking that it must be a rather bitter sweet moment for Willem-Alexander, with his father and brother not there.

I have couple of Dutch with me and there were actual tears in the room!
Long live TM King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima!

Back
Top Bottom