Abdication of Beatrix & Inauguration of WA: Royals Arriving, Sightseeing and Leaving

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
Abdication of Beatrix & Inauguration of WA: Royals Arriving, Sightseeing and Leaving

Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Royal guests arriving, sightseeing and leaving the Netherlands

It is possible that several of the Royal guests will be seen arriving, sightseeing and leaving the Netherlands. Please use this thread to discuss above mentioned topics.

This thread will remain closed untill 27 April. Until then, please use the thread Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander; Suggestions & Musings.

Thanks and happy Posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh the excitement begins!!! I'm so thrilled!

The arrival of TIH Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako at Amsterdam International Schiphol Airport yesterday:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1519114

And guests arriving at the Okura hotel,Amsterdam,besides TIH the CP couple of Japan,it's also HRH Lalla Salma of Morocco who checked-in there yesterday:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1519115

Courtesy Koen van Weel and Marcel Antonisse.

http://www.okura.nl/

:flowers:

Last edited:
Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako arrive at Schiphol Airport, on April 28, 2013. The japanese royals are guests to attend the Dutch Prince Willem-Alexander enthronement next 30 April.
Getty Image Gallery

Some more pictures of the arrival of the Japanese royals: 1 ** 2 ** 3 ** 4 ** 5 ** 6 ** 7 ** 8 ** 9 ** 10 ** 11 ** 12 ** 13

皇太å*ã”夫妻、オランダに到着 - YouTube

Please pay attention to how Masako notices first (0.24) that there are (obviously, although we do not see them) people who want to welcome them in the Netherlands, beams at them, then touches Naruhito´s arm to make him aware of the crowd (with taking the welcome opportunity to fondly stroke his shoulder ;)), and how the couple then enthusiastically wave to the well-wishers. So sweet! :flowers:

See also here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any day events today?

Except that HM left Huis ten Bosch Palace a short while ago,her Residence,as Queen of The Netherlands heading for the Palace in Amsterdam,and to return there late tomorrow evening as Princess...I call that a silent event,but nonetheless...a silent event of sorts.

And this morning there's the rehearsal at the Nieuwe Kerk by Willem-Alexander,Máxima and their three girls,the welcoming of the guests,the gala dinner hosted by HM Queen Beatrix and millions of us here preparing for the (pre-recorded-) farewell speech by HM Queen Beatrix this evening on National TV Ned1 at 20.30PM,the time of the start of the gala dinner at the Rijksmuseum....

I think of those who will travel to Amsterdam today,or are here already and making sure they don't miss out on anything tomorrow,and will stay posted all night long on the front row at the Dam Square to watch the balcony appearance and TM proceeding from the Palace to the church tomorrow!I hope the night won't be too cold for them!

An eventfull day?...I think so yes...:flowers:

A nice little detail, ChiaraC :flowers:

CP Masako looks great. I understand she has relatived in the Netherlands, presumably she's loking forward to seeing them.

Some more pictures of the arrival of the Japanese royals: 1 ** 2 ** 3 ** 4 ** 5 ** 6 ** 7 ** 8 ** 9 ** 10 ** 11 ** 12 ** 13

Please pay attention to how Masako notices first (0.24) that there are (obviously, although we do not see them) people who want to welcome them in the Netherlands, beams at them, then touches Naruhito´s arm to make him aware of the crowd (with taking the welcome opportunity to fondly stroke his shoulder ;)), and how the couple then enthusiastically wave to the well-wishers. So sweet! :flowers:

See also here.

http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1367208128091.jpg

A few details I noticed. The Japanese CP couple appears not to be accompanied by a Japanese adjutant. Is that standard procedure?
Also the guard of honor at the bottom of the stairs puzzles me. I can tell it's a guards unit. They are not cavalry though. They look to be chausseurs or alternatively gendarmes. Can anyone enlighten an old uniform nerd, please?

Last edited:
CP Masako looks great. I understand she has relatived in the Netherlands, presumably she's loking forward to seeing them.
Yes, her parents. I hope that she will get an opportunity to meet with them. (It seems that her family happened to be in Tokyo just recently but Masako could not see them. Source)

A few details I noticed. The Japanese CP couple appears not to be accompanied by a Japanese adjutant. Is that standard procedure?
I suppose that the imperial staff was still waiting in the plane, as the crown prince and princess were to leave first (and have the "stage" to them ;)). They must have quite a few attendants with them because the IHA made a lot of fuss when it was not clear yet back in March if Masako would go, too. They were worried because in case she did, they needed rooms in the hotel for her staff, but on the other hand, if they made reservations, and she would have ended up not going, they would have had to pay cancellation fees. (I would suppose that she would not have minded just leaving some of them at home and save the money, but that is probably completely out of the question. :rolleyes:)

Great to see Masako and Naruhito, whose face lights up indeed when he is with his wife. I hope she is able to attend most parts of the ceremonies and that she can enjoy her time here (& hopefully sees her parents).

Will there be sightseeing? When?

At some previous royal weddings or celebrations there were pictures of royals walking around in the city. So we added it to the title, just in case they do. But nothing is planned that we know of. I hear that the Rijks Museum is closed the entire day for visitors (they are preparing for tonights dinner), so maybe a few are going there.

----------

HM The Queen has arrived
Beatrix aangekomen op Dam - NOS Nieuws

As did Constantijn + family.

Last edited:

皇太å*ã”夫妻、オランダに到着 - YouTube

See also here.
Without reading too much into a few seconds of the video but Masako's gesture gave a interesting glimpse into their relationship. It was a confident and observant Masako that directed her husband.

Without reading too much into a few seconds of the video but Masako's gesture gave a interesting glimpse into their relationship. It was a confident and observant Masako that directed her husband.
Exactly, that is what I thought, too. :) It was also a rare occasion as they belong to a culture where it usually is a no-no to touch each other in public. I found it interesting to see that when Masako had already gotten her husband´s attention, she still took the opportunity to "additionally" touch his shoulder (which was not really "necessary") - and got a smile from him for
that. :flowers:

It says something about their relationship that touching seems to be still special, even after nearly 20 years of marriage... ;)

Great to see Masako and Naruhito, whose face lights up indeed when he is with his wife. I hope she is able to attend most parts of the ceremonies and that she can enjoy her time here (& hopefully sees her parents).

Yes it was indeed and such a very rare sighting of the Crown Prince and Princess together outside Japan.

Exactly, that is what I thought, too. :) It was also a rare occasion as they belong to a culture where it usually is a no-no to touch each other in public. I found it interesting to see that when Masako had already gotten her husband´s attention, she still took the opportunity to "additionally" touch his shoulder (which was not really "necessary") - and got a smile from him for
that. :flowers:

It says something about their relationship that touching seems to be still special, even after nearly 20 years of marriage... ;)

I agree and would add that it is a great comfort to see rather than imagine the great bond of love between them....and all inside just a second or two of film footage! To think that it has taken a Dutch Royal Inauguration to enable us to witness this LOL!

I see the budget was tight and they handed the Duchess some decaying tulips... ;)

Now this has become really exciting since the big day is almost here. Those girls must be so excited sitting on their thrones! Great family photo; thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom