Ruling Family of Ras Al-Khaimah: Al Qasimi dynasty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Ruling Family of Ras Al-Khaimah

Al Qasimi dynasty

Late Ruler: HH Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammad al Qassimi (1918-2010)​

Became the ruler of Ras Al Khaimah on 17 July 1948 when he overthrew his uncle and father-in-law Sheikh Sultan Bin Salem (or Salim) al Qassimi in a bloodless coup.
Sheikh Sultan was exiled to Sharjah.​

Wives: HH Sheikha Mahra bint Ahmed al Ghurair
Chairwoman of Ras Al Khaimah Women's Society
HH Sheikha Nora bint Sultan al Qassimi
HH Sheikha Asha bint Sultan al Khatri

Sheikh Saqr had eight sons from his three wives.​

Ruler from 27 October 2010

HH Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi

Born 10 February 1956, the fourth son of Sheikh Saqr, by his third wife Sheikha Mahra;
Master's Degree in Economics and Political Science, Michigan University;
Appointed Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler in 2003 after his father rejected Saud's elder half-brother Sheikh Khalid (b c1940)
who had been Crown Prince since 1958;
Succeeded as Ruler of Ras Al-Khaimah on the death of his father 27 October 2010.

Crown Prince

HH Sheikh
Mohammed bin Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, b 1987

The eldest of six children; mother: Sheikha Hana bint Juma al Majid
Appointed Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah on 6 December 2010.

Sons of the late Sheikh Saqr

1. Sheikh Khalid, former Crown Prince, son of Sheikha Nora
2. Sheikh Sultan (d 10-12-2009), son of Sheikha Nora
3. Sheikh Mohammed, son of Sheikha Asha
4. HH Sheikh Saud, Ruler of RAK
5. Sheikh Omar, son of Sheikha Mahra; RAK Bank Chairman
6. Sheikh Talib, son of Sheikha Asha; Head of the RAK Police
7. Sheikh Faisal, Chairman of Julfar medicine factory, Chairman of the RAK Free Trade Zone Authority
8. Sheikh Ahmad, Chairman of the RAK Customs Department

¤

Last edited:
Quick question: why do the emirates of Sharjah and Ras al-Khaimah have the same dynasty?

Why do the emirates of Sharjah and Ras al-Khaimah have the same dynasty?
The Qasimi Ruling Family of Ras al-Khaimah is a junior branch of the Ruling Family of Sharjah. There were various separations and re-incorporations of the territories from about 1808 onwards, but since 1921 Ras al-Khaimah has been treated as independent.

Ras al-Khaimah
Former Ruler: HH Shaikh Saqr Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi (born 1918, Ruler 1948 until his death in 2010)
New Ruler (former Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler): HH Shaikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi (son of Saqr, Crown Prince since 2003 and effective Ruler of RAK)

There was for a period a third Al Qasimi Emirate: Kalbã
This city achieved defacto independence from Sharjah in 1903 and after having three ruling Al Qasimi Sheihks was reincorpoarted into Sharjah in 1952.

~~~~~~

Sharjah and RAK are under the one heading here in the Forums because they share a dynasty and our focus is more dynastic than national. At this early stage of the new UAE Forum there's not enough information or material available to make them two stand-alone threads, but hopefully over time this will change. The emergence of Dubai and Abu Dhabi as significant international centres may help to raise the profile of, and interest in, the other Emirates.

Warren
UAE moderator

ETA...
the RAK and Sharjah thread has since been split so each Emirate has its own thread.

Last edited:
RAK Crown Prince Saud meets his Dubai counterparts
HH Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah, received HH Sheikh Hamdan, Crown Prince of Dubai and HH Sheikh Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai.

WAM article

Last edited by a moderator:
RAK CP receives UAE Under-19 and Under-17 football teams
Article

RAK CP receives Iraqi Consul General
Article

RAK Crown Prince receives Liberian Ambassador, German Minister
Article

RAK Crown Prince orders payment of additional salary to employees of local government
Article

RAK Crown Prince attends wedding
Article

RAK Crown Prince receives Indian varsity
Article

RAK Crown Prince attends wedding celebrations of Al-Qawasim
Article
WAM Ras Al Khaimah, Feb 14th, 2009 (WAM): HH Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, crown prince and deputy ruler of Ras al-Khaimah attended Friday evening the banquet dinner hosted by Sheikh Jassem Bin Humaid Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi on the occasion of the marriage of his son Sheikh Mohammed to the daughter of Maj.General Sheikh Talib Bin Saqar Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Director General of RAK Police.

Al Qasimi intermarriage

:previous:
This looks like a second-cousin marriage within the Al Qasimi dynasty linking together two branches:
Sheikh Mohammed bin Jassem Bin Humaid Bin Mohammed to Sheikha xxx bint Talib Bin Saqar Bin Mohammed,
or
Mohammed > Humaid > Jassem > Mohammed
Mohammed > Saqar > Talib > bride

I assume it is due to alternatrive or elastic spelling but the bride's father Talib bin Saqar may well be a son of the current Ruler of RAK, Sheikh Saqr.
The WAM article uses both spellings so Saqr-Saqar may be different people. Or not. :D
However, as Sheikh Talib has the important post of Director General of the RAK Police, it's more likely that he is indeed the Ruler's son.

I assume it is due to alternatrive or elastic spelling but the bride's father Talib bin Saqar may well be a son of the current Ruler of RAK, Sheikh Saqr.

He is.

He has been ill for a few years thats why we have not seen him in public but more of the crown prince taking up all his duties.
He has been in hospital for over a week but is not getting any better.
He is over 90 years old.

if iam not wrong he is the oldest reining monarchy in the world...right?

one more thing,,,,his son,Sheikh Saqr al Qassimi,died on 11 dec 2009.he is ill,crown prince died..now who is performing royal duties then?i belive its the deputy tuler HH Sheikh Khalid Al Qasimi

if iam not wrong he is the oldest reining monarchy in the world...right?

one more thing,,,,his son,Sheikh Saqr al Qassimi,died on 11 dec 2009.he is ill,crown prince died..now who is performing royal duties then?i belive its the deputy tuler HH Sheikh Khalid Al Qasimi

Yes he is.
No I think who died was his brother. His son from his second wife is the crown prince, Sheikh Saoud bin Saqer.

Family ties

Hello, does anyone kow about the family ties of

- Shaikh Faisal bin Saqr Al Qasimi
(Chairman of RAK Finance Department)
- Shaikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi
(Chairman of RAK Customs and Ports Department)

to HH Shaikh Saqr?
Are they his sons?
With which Shaikha?

Best regards from a new resident to RAK.

Sheikh Saud bin Saqr of RAK has an Ancient Egyptian face.

Last edited:
Sheikh Saud bin Saqr al Qasimi's offspring? + his arrest for sexual assault

I don't see any reference to his wife (or earlier wives?) What is his wife's name? Does he have children? In an official "Golden Tribute" to his father, Saqr bin Mohammed al-Qassimi (Goldern Tribute , PDF) there is almost no mention nor photo of any women at all. It's a rather striking single-gender society, by that presentation. (Yeah, modesty, right.)

If he was married in June 2005, his wife likely didn't like him being arrested on charges of sexual assault against a hotel charwoman (cleaning lady). The police reports, released in October 2009, reveal that after initially claiming diplomatic immunity, then denying any contact with the woman, and changing his story several times, he eventually conceded: "Yes I touched her breasts"; "we were hugging and then I asked her if it was okay if I touched her breasts and she said yes"; "I never touched her vagina, is she saying I did that?"; "I only touched her butt on the outside of her pants. I never put my hands down her pants"; "she agreed to the things we were doing." When asked: "Why are you touching this woman's breasts if you're married?", he replied: "What do you want me to say? You know... you're talking about, who, why are you saying like that?"

The woman, a cleaning supervisor, reports differently. She claims he offered to read her palms, then started to rub her neck from behind, then grabbed her shoulder and stuck his hands under her shirt and bra. She told him to stop, but he pushed her down on the couch and pinned her down while he digitally raped her with his finger several times, telling her: "Your pet's wet." She struggled to extricate herself. Upon getting away (based on her cell-phone ringing and a pretext that she'd be missed) she immediately went to a co-worker and said that the man in Room 2601 had felt her breasts and digitally penetrated her. The co-worker confirmed later that she was shaken up and very upset. They notified the police immediately, and went to a hospital rape trauma unit. The police came, arrested Sheikh Saud, retrieved the baby-pin that had held the cleaning lady's pants together from Saud's room (as she reported), and a female officer interrogated him (audio-tape available on YouTube). They handcuffed him and brought him to the station, where they photographed him.

Saud evidently spent the weekend in custody, and left the US immediately upon his release. After nine months, the case was dropped by prosecutors, who declined to prosecute, perhaps due to his status as a head of "state" (er, Emirate?).

Dear LiamK,

Sheikh Saud is a disgusting person, as well as his father,

but I fail to believe this!

How could a Crown Prince and effective ruler of a sovereign state have been arrested? It would have been a major international scandal.

News of the death of HH Sheikh Saqr, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah from 1948 to 2010, and succession of his son HH Crown Prince Saud,
can be found in the Death of Sheikh Saqr thread.

Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed

New Crown Prince of RAK seeks to be bridge from past to future
15 December 2010

The young sheikh has the Qawasim profile but the soft, gentle eyes and long lashes of his mother, the businesswoman Sheikha Hana bint Juma al Majid.
But only a few years out of his teens, Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud Al Qasimi now carries the responsibility of his new role as the emirate's Crown Prince.

Sheikh Mohammed received the title last week after a 40-day mourning period for his grandfather, Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed, who ruled the emirate for 62 years.

He sees his role as a listener, a guardian of traditions and, at the same time, a man to help to take RAK into the future. "This is just a continuation of responsibilities that I have grown up with," said Sheikh Mohammed, 23, in the palace where he has greeted hundreds in the past week. "Anything that is good for the people of this emirate, I will try to do and at the same time take into consideration the different views and thoughts people share. I want to do what is in the long term interest, not the short term."

Sheikh Mohammed, the oldest of six children, has shadowed his father Sheikh Saud bin Saqr, the new Ruler of RAK, for the past year since his return from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he graduated in political science with a focus on international relations.

Full story + photo: Home Page - Gulf in the Media

the family tree of the royal family of rak

Sheikh Saqr's Sons

1-Sheikh Khalid bin Saqr Alqassimi ,, Former crown Prince : Son of sheikha nora bint sultan alqassimi
2-Sheikh Sultan bin Saqr Alqassimi,, Passed away 10/12/2009:: Son of sheikha nora bint sultan alqassimi
3-Sheikh Mohammed bin Saqr Alqassimi,,Son of sheikha asha bin sultan al khatri
4-Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Alqassimi: Ruler of RAK: Son of sheikha mahra bi ahmad al ghurair
5-Sheikh Omar bin Saqr Alqassimi: RAK Bank Chairman :Son of sheikha mahra bi ahmad al ghurair
6-Sheikh Talib bin Saqr Alqassimi: Head of Police,, Son of sheikha asha bin sultan al khatri
7-Sheikh Faisal bin Saqr Alqassimi : chairman of Julfar medicine factory, chairman of RAK FTZ
8-Sheikh Ahmad bin Saqr Alqassimi,, chairman of customs dpeartment

Can anyone tell me the names and DOB of Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qassimi's children? Officially, he has 6 children- and only the picture and biography of the Crown Prince have been published.

Can anyone tell me the names and DOB of Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qassimi's children? Officially, he has 6 children- and only the picture and biography of the Crown Prince have been published.

i don't know the DoB but their names are sheikh mohammed, Sheikha Amna, sheikh Ahmed, Sheikh Khalid, Sheikh Saqr and Sheikha Mahra.

The oldest son must be around 23 or 24. He's the crown prince of RAK so I guess you'll find informations about him online ;)

Question about:saqer al qasimy who was fighting with portugal army and wone a war?

Some questions about saqer al qasimy who was fighting a war with the portugal army and was wining the war.

I dont know what "saqer al qasimy" and dont know the war.
Maybe someboday can help me.

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom