Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: Visit to the UAE - November 24-25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip will visit the UAE sometime in 2010. A statement released by the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi also said Her Majesty will visit Oman.

This will be the second visit for Her Majesty since 1979.
Source

Sent by Lumutqueen, thanks

Source

THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN
Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh will pay State Visits to Oman at the invitation of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said; and to the United Arab Emirates at the invitation of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan, during this Autumn.

Queen to visit UAE, Oman in November

...They will visit Abu Dhabi between November 24 and 25, and Muscat between November 25 and 28...

Article

Prince Andrew will play a supporting role to the Queen in Abu Dhabi - Telegraph

In what amounts to a break with tradition for the Queen, she and the Duke of Edinburgh will be accompanied by a third member of their family – the Duke of York – when they make their state visit to Abu Dhabi this week.

"The Queen would not normally make an official journey of this kind with one of her children, but the Duke, as the UK's special representative for international trade and investment, has close links with the region," a courtier tells Mandrake.

That is a lightning-fast state visit for each country. I know that state visits in the West usually last 2 1/2 days, but the UAE visit is no more than a day and the Oman visit is less than two days. Is that normal for trips to this part of the world?

A few articles about the visit

Queen Elizabeth's visit strengthens UK ties
Article

Queen Elizabeth II and The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, pay state visit to UAE
Article

Queen Elizabeth II arrives today
Article

and here is an interesting article on the translator who will be with the Queen, he was her translator 30 years ago in the UAE when she visited

His work of communicating 30 years of change
Article

Last edited:
Wow, the Queen looks different.

The dress beneath the gold surcoat is nice and looks good with the toque hat - and what appears to be a new brooch (see QE Brooches thread on that) - Not to be confused with a beaded design down the front of the coat.

Straight to work for the Queen. She must have a lot of energy.

I have an ID question: Who are the ladies accompanying The Queen when she visited the mosque? I think they must be members of Abu Dhabi Emirati Family, please identify if you know

Photo from Getty Images

Photo from Getty Images

No, one of the ladies is Reem Al Hashimi, she is the Minister of State. The other ladies are ladies in-charge of the tour & program. None of them are from the royal family.

This afternoon Her Majesty met with the Crown Prince's mother & a few members of the royal family. It was a private visit, no pictures taken for the public.

the pics of the queen in the mosque are so touching ; I have great respect for her she symbolizes true monarchy , and I can see Abu Dahbi royals respect her a lot

NOVEMBER 25: Queen Elizabeth II exchanges gifts with the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed al Nahyan as Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (left) watches at the Mushrif Palace on November 25, 2010 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh are in Abu Dhabi on a State Visit to the Middle East. The Royal couple will spend two days in Abu Dhabi and three days in Oman.

daylife

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Queen Elizabeth visits Shaikha Fatima
Article

Queen unveils futuristic designs for UAE museum
Article

Queen's Gulf visit: Abu Dhabi striving to become global cultural centre
Article

No, one of the ladies is Reem Al Hashimi, she is the Minister of State. The other ladies are ladies in-charge of the tour & program. None of them are from the royal family.

This afternoon Her Majesty met with the Crown Prince's mother & a few members of the royal family. It was a private visit, no pictures taken for the public.

I see thank you for your answer. They stood very close to The Queen, I thought they were royalties.

Back
Top Bottom