Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That particular type of jump has the unlovely but apt name of 'The Coffin'.

Zara Phillips has become the unlikely star of a a viral advertisement in which she is seen being chatted up by a swaggering footballer.

Zara Phillips chatted up by footballer in Land Rover viral ad campaign - Telegraph

Watch the video! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's hilarious. She's done another advert before, with a dirty (but looked like a stylish pattern) gala dress. I heard on the radio today that Zara denies having signed up for Strictly Come Dancing but can't find a written source. However, I still believe it's a joke and that she's far too clever to possibly make a fool of herself on national TV.

Pics 22.7.2008

Zara Phillips unveils a four-meter high hyperrealist portrait of
herself at the Royal Geographical Society on July 22, 2008
in London, England. Zara unveiled the portrait to mark the
opening of the Portraits of Adventure exhibition at the Royal
Geographical Society.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thank you iceflower & giov for the pictures. :flowers: It must have been really strange to see such a large image of herself! :beamup:

Thanks Iceflower and Giov for the beautiful pictures of Zara. She looked wonderful in the new pics. I'll agree with Skydragon it would be weird to see a photo of yourself so big !

Iceflower Zara does look great thanks for sharing the additional pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 1.8.2008

Zara Phillips riding Tsunami II at The British Festival of Eventing,
Gatcombe Park, Minchinhampton, Britain - 01 Aug 2008 - Anne,
Autumn and Peter watched her - see pic 4 :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 2.8.2008

Zara Phillips at The British Festival of Eventing, Horse Trials,
Day 2, Gatcombe Park, Gloucestershire, Britain - 02 Aug 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Daily Mail being cheeky... lol

Does my horse's bum look big in this? Zara checks her rear view | Mail Online

Zara Phillips looks as though she's worrying about her rear view as she rides at Gatcombe Park.
Perhaps she had reason to feel self-conscious as her mother Princess Anne - a champion horse rider in her heyday - looked on.
Or perhaps she was just checking that her mount, Tsunami II, was in fine fettle. The 27-year-old Royal was forced to pull out of the Olympics in June when her other horse, Toytown, was injured in training.

Update on the story.... including nice photo of Zara going through a water jump

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...me-fellow-riders-arrive-Beijing-Olympics.html

Warren.. I note your de-bolding edit, apologies I won't do that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you want about the Daily Mail. They do have some fine photographers on staff. It takes real skill to take pictures of someone drinking out of a water bottle and turning them into a story on sadness. :rolleyes:

Zara Phillips may be seen as a modern woman who has achieved success in her own right but she still observes Royal protocol, she revealed in an interview.
The 27-year-old royal, who was observed jokingly showing others how to correctly dip at the knee as she waited to receive her MBE at Buckingham Palace last year, said few people fully appreciate its importance.

Queen's grandaughter Zara Phillips: No one knows how to curtsey anymore - Telegraph

:previous:
This answers at least one of those many questions about royal-to-royal protocol: "I curtsey to her every time I see her"
"The thing with my grandmother is she is still my grandmother and she's very approachable, but she's also from an era where that was how it was done."

I have the feeling that Zara's season this year is going a bit less well than last year, but I must admit that I don't follow eventing very close. Is she having a good season and did she already win some tournaments?

Thank you :)

This season and last year's season have been character building exercises.

Eventing is very long term project. The aim to to have a number of fully olympic qualified horses so that one injury does not put one out. That takes time and commitment and money. It would appear that Zara has such a 10 to 15 year plan.

I have the feeling that Zara's season this year is going a bit less well than last year, but I must admit that I don't follow eventing very close. Is she having a good season and did she already win some tournaments?

Thank you :)
From all accounts she is having a terrible season. :flowers:

:) Thank you. I don't follow eventing from that close, but I do follow it a bit and can't remember having seen her name in the context of winning tournaments a lot.

Is there a website where the results can be followed more closely?

I really hope she will end this season in beauty, she seems so focused and motivated...

Pics 29.8.2008

Zara Phillips prepares to compete in the dressage on High Kingdom,
but not before taking advice from Princess Anne. British Eventing
at Gatcombe Park Horse Trials, Gloucestershire, Britain - 29 Aug 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Zara and Princess Anne seem to have a very close relationship, which is wonderful to see

Pic 31.8.2008

That's true, psurocks3 :)

Zara Phillips riding 'Tiger Lily IX' in the pouring rain at The Gatcombe
Horse Trials, Gatcombe Park, Gloucestershire, Britain - 31 August 2008

----> Pic

On this profile picture from yesterday, Zara reminds me so much of her
mother Anne, it's really nice to see. :)
I also like Zara's choice of clothes at this event! Thanks for the link, giov!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom