Zara Phillips Current Events 3: September 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, remember Christopher Reeve blew his spine out off a horse.
That is so very sad they lost them both!
Russophile, I live in Bedfrod NY where the Reeves did. Their son graduated from my daughter's private school right after Dana died. I am a professional Jumper rider. Please believe me when I say CR had no business being on that course with his skill level (blame trainer Aliced Debany Clero). I have tremendous respect for those that take up this sport as an adult, because if you dont learn the center of gravity as a child, it's almost impossible to learn as an adult. IN SJ the rails are on safety break away cups. In 3 day, the jumps are telephone poles hard wired into place. Not a place for an advanced beginner.

PIcs 21.11.2007

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall attend the Red Cross London Ball, at
The Room By The River on November 21, 2007 in London, England.
(Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall attend the Red Cross London Ball, at
The Room By The River on November 21, 2007 in London, England.
Thank you for the pictures iceflower. :flowers: Oh Zara, what has gone wrong with your normally exquisite fashion sense? IMO, she looks bloo*y awful!:eek:

That has got to be one of the most unflattering outfit I have seen on Zara for ages. Then again, that whole "cowgirl look" is very much a Nashville concoction anyway. At least Zara didn't have any of the glitters and studs trimmings on. That would be really gagging.

Miss Zara Phillips will tomorrow attend an investiture at Buckingham Palace when The Queen will invest her with the insignia of The Most Exellent Order of The British Empire.

look out for any photos and post them if you can

I have read news reports that Zara's investure will be a private affair and no cameras will be able to photograph the event. Has anyone else read this? It's a shame because I would have loved to see her get her MBE.:mad:

RoyalProtocol and kelly1972, here are the pics :flowers:
These are great Thank you.

What a pity HRH and Miss Phillips didn't wear hats, I wonder if she curtseyed to The Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great Thank you.

What a pity HRH and Miss Phillips didn't wear hats, I wonder if she curtseyed to The Queen

Apparently she gave HM a very deep and graceful curtsey. What a lovely young lady.

She looks so Lady.

When did you saw her curtsey?

Mike looks like a real rough kind of guy. What's his background?

Congratulations to Zara for getting an MBE for services to equestrianism!

Last edited:
Zara looked lovely and very classy for her investure. Nice to see that it was a family affair. Did Mark Phillips attend the event? Just curious.

That is her grandmother and her Queen..of course she curtsied. :)

I think she loved very lovely. I agree...Mike looks like, well, he has led a bit of a rough life. But I am sure he is a wonderful young man who is very proud of her.

Go Zara. She deserves every honor out there!!!!!!!

Pic 9.12.2007

A first pic from tonight, I'm sure there'll be more soon:

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall arrive at the BBC Sports Personality
of the Year Awards at the Birmingham NEC on December 09, 2007
in Birmingham, England. Matthew Lewis/Getty Images

-----> Pic

A first pic from tonight, I'm sure there'll be more soon:

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall arrive at the BBC Sports Personality
of the Year Awards at the Birmingham NEC on December 09, 2007
in Birmingham, England. Matthew Lewis/Getty Images

-----> Pic

Thanks for the pic iceflower. Just saw it on TV. That outfit was a disaster. OMG. The top is nice but the rest looked like a purple potatoe sack, plus the combination with these ugly black stockings :eek:
Zara & Mike make a nice couple though. They are for real, no fake posing or awkward gestures. I like it.

^Aww, I like her outfit!

I was looking at some old pics of Queen Mary and her daughter Mary, The Princess Royal, and the resemblance between those two, QEII, Princess Anne and Zara is amazing! Queen Mary had some really strong genes to make it through so many generations.

The purple potatoe sack has really been an interesting comparison to
think about , Duke of Marmalade ;):D

Here are some more pics, it's a bit strange to see a royal giving
autographs like Zara does :)

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 *

Mike played rugby for England.

Played? Does Mike not play rugby anymore?

Speaking of Zara's outfit at Sports Personality of the Year, I really liked it. It's very stylish and she's wearing 'this season's must-haves' so to speak - purple and patent.

Thanks for the pic iceflower. Just saw it on TV. That outfit was a disaster. OMG. The top is nice but the rest looked like a purple potatoe sack, plus the combination with these ugly black stockings :eek:
Zara & Mike make a nice couple though. They are for real, no fake posing or awkward gestures. I like it.

Yeah, her outfit might have worked without the stockings. And the waist thing. And a different color. :D The style is a good cut for her body, though. It's not too bad, I guess. Zara has a way of wearing things semi-well that would be disastrous on anyone else. I think it's her personality. She is so bubbly all the time, you can't fail to like her, no mattter what awful thing she wears. :cool:

Andy Dolan, "'I'm happy to play house husband for Zara': England rugby star Mike Tindall reveals his plans for retirement," The Daily Mail, 23 December 2007

Many players entering the twilight years of a sporting career might start to consider what they will do for an income when they retire.
But when it is an England rugby star who is 'head over heels' in love with the queen's granddaughter, it is perhaps understandable that such thoughts are not a pressing concern.
Mike Tindall, 29, yesterday revealed he was looking forward to playing 'house husband' for royal girlfriend Zara Phillips when he hangs up his rugby boots.
Injuries permitting, he can expect around another five years in the game before that day comes around.

I hope after Peter and Autumn get married, Zara and Mike get married. They make a great couple and Mike sounds like a really nice guy.:flowers:

I'm not sure if the following pic has been posted before,
I opened my weekly magazine and did not recognize
Zara at first sight, I was simply wondering what product
the advertising was for, till I noticed the small watch :D

Well, the pic is great ( I scanned in 80% of it ) Zara, the horse,
the background - all perfectly arranged in my eyes..:)

Zara for Rolex

Pics 22.12.2007

Zara Phillips and Pippa Funnell watch the Rolex FEI World Cup
Qualifier during The London International Horse Show at Olympia,
West London, 22 December 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom