Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 4.8.2007

Zara Phillips rides her horse Toytown during the showjumping phase at The Festival of British
Eventing, Gatcombe Horse Trials on August 4, 2007 in Cirencester, England.

Pic 1

Pic 2

She looks great, I never tire of seeing Princess Anne and her amazingly accomplished children.

Pics 5.8.2007

Zara Phillips relaxes with Autumn Kelly (front) while watching the cross country phase of the British
Open Championship at the British Festival of Eventing at Gatcombe House on August 5, 2007 in
Cirencester, England. by Getty Images

Pic 1

Pic 2

its nice to see them get on since there gonna Sisters in Law Funny thing Zara used to be my least Favorite of the BRF shes now almost tops

Pics 7.8.2007

Zara Phillips riding the Queen's horse Tiger Lily IX at Smiths Lawn, UK, 07/08/2007

Pic 1

Pic 2

Was Tiger Lily bred by the Queen?

New Biography

I have just read Brain Hoey's biography of Zara and I was really disappointed!:ermm: He filled the book with all the same things repeated over and over again. I was hoping for a book with a little bit of something different not just old news stories re-hashed. The pictures were also not all that great. There have been loads of great pictures of Zara over the years, with William, the Queen, even The Duchess of York.
Has anyone else read it and if so what do you think?

From this Hello article to mark the Queen's 78th birthday: Tiger Lily is from the Queen's Tinkerbelle. The photo no longer opens so I found this BBC report where the photo opens.

Horseback image marks Queen's 78th birthday

BBC NEWS | UK | Queen's birthday photo released

Tiger Lily is now 6 years old and with another win this week, it could be Zara's horse for the London Olympics.

Smiths Lawn One Day Event
Wow Tiger Lilly is only 6? Thats very young for tis level of eventing. s/he looks like a cross breeding of the piebald drum horses and the warm blood carriage/riding horses the queen owns. That would be really great if it were a homebred horse she akes to the games, but I think Toytown is the #1 game in town!

This is the link to Zara's results for last weekend.

Aston-Le-Walls (3) One Day Event

This is the link to her entries for this weekend.

Brockenhurst Park

I'm very impressed by her dedication and effort. I've never been to England so I have no real insight into distances travelled and the logistics involved.

Due to the disruptions that the weather has caused to this season, I understand that she may feel it necessary to get her horses out for their benefit but I'm a bit concerned for her. With all the training and then the travelling and then the competing and then the travelling home, it does seem to me that this weekend is an exceptionally heavy work load.

14 hours days plus travelling time are the rule rather than the exception during the competition season. At the end of the season the horses have a month or so off in the paddock, and the riders get some down time. Then it's time to start bringing the horses back into fitness.

I think it would have been very tough for her emotionnally to compete there since one of her friends died at this event last year...

Yes, of course. I had forgotten about that. That probably explains why I was feeling anxious for Zara competing at Brockenhurst.

Pics 29.8.2007

Zara Phillips rides her bicycle to the vets inspection, on the first day of the Burghley Horse Trials.
Zara will be taking part on her horse Ardfield Magic Star Burghley Horse Trials, Burghley Park,
Stamford, Lincolnshire, Britain - 29 Aug 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Pics 30.8.+31.8.+1.9.2007

How cute, thanks a lot for posting, CasiraghiTrio :flowers:

Here are some pics from the last days at the Burghley Horse Trials:

Zara exercises her horse Ardfield Magic Star on day one on August 30 in Stamford, Lincolnshire ----> Pic

Speaking to the press following her dressage phase of The Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials on 31 August ---> Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Zara helping to wash down fellow rider Antoinette Mckeowen's horse "Two O Two" after her Cross Country today ----> Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

How cute, thanks a lot for posting, CasiraghiTrio :flowers:

Here are some pics from the last days at the Burghley Horse Trials:

Zara exercises her horse Ardfield Magic Star on day one on August 30 in Stamford, Lincolnshire ----> Pic

Speaking to the press following her dressage phase of The Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials on 31 August ---> Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
Funny face on Pic 2!
Zara helping to wash down fellow rider Antoinette Mckeowen's horse "Two O Two" after her Cross Country today ----> Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
It's always nice to see her mucking in the washing of the horses, but in Pic 3, she shows us too much, however unintentionally of course. :lol: One hopes she will wear jeans that hug her waist better or a belt next time, though this won't be as comfortable. :sad:

Pics 1.9.2007

I had not noticed that before you've mentioned it, CasiraghiTrio:D:)

And I also liked the pic you've mentioned as to the very funny face she made,
I wonder what she was asked or what she said at that moment..:)

Here are some great shots from today at the competition, especially as to
the hard job the horse has to fulfill:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Pics 2.9.2007

Zara on the final day at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trial at Burghley House, Stamford
Lincolnshire, 2 Sep 2007 - on the first pic she looks really good, the second one is sweet
as she's with her step sister Stephanie there :)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Fantastic that she withdrew her newbies from Cleobury. It was just too soon after Burghley.

Cleobury Mortimer One Day Event

I'm so glad that she is focusing on herself and getting plenty of rest before the big one that is coming up soon in Italy.

Has it been confirmed shell be in the Olympics next year

I'm not sure how the British team is chosen. Here in America they now do trials to determine who is on the team. A few years ago there was a very well off, good rider who got left off the team when it was being subjectively chosen. Her lawsuit led to having the trials. While this is a more fair way of determining the team, the horses are often exhausted.

If Zara does go, I hope the family goes to the Games to support her. She is, after all, the very first second generation Royal to go. IIRC, the whole family came in support of Anne when she was in the Olympics.

Pics 7.9.2007

Zara Phillips, who although not competing gave a press conference
and dressage demonstration, along with the other members of the
Great Britain Team. Blenheim International Horse Trials, Oxfordshire,
Britain - 07 Sep 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'm not sure how the British team is chosen. Here in America they now do trials to determine who is on the team. A few years ago there was a very well off, good rider who got left off the team when it was being subjectively chosen. Her lawsuit led to having the trials. While this is a more fair way of determining the team, the horses are often exhausted.

If Zara does go, I hope the family goes to the Games to support her. She is, after all, the very first second generation Royal to go. IIRC, the whole family came in support of Anne when she was in the Olympics.

As Princess Anne is a member of the IOC I would expect her to go whether or not Zara is in the Olympic team - just as she has done for the last I don't know how many Olympics but I can't remember one for yonks where she hasn't gone.

Mark Philips is also still heavily involved in the sport - I think he is the coach of the US team but that may have changed.

Peter would probably go if he could get the time off work, which I don't anticipate would be a problem but his boss might say no. His wife would probably accompany him.

As for other members of the family, like the Queen and Prince Philip, I doubt that they would go, as it would require too much organisation and security, along with their advancing years meaning that they travel less frequently over longer distances.

Zara's uncles and cousins may attend but I doubt if they would all go because of the security and concerns about China's human rights record and other things.

As Princess Anne is a member of the IOC I would expect her to go whether or not Zara is in the Olympic team - just as she has done for the last I don't know how many Olympics but I can't remember one for yonks where she hasn't gone.

Mark Philips is also still heavily involved in the sport - I think he is the coach of the US team but that may have changed.

Peter would probably go if he could get the time off work, which I don't anticipate would be a problem but his boss might say no. His wife would probably accompany him.

As for other members of the family, like the Queen and Prince Philip, I doubt that they would go, as it would require too much organisation and security, along with their advancing years meaning that they travel less frequently over longer distances.

Zara's uncles and cousins may attend but I doubt if they would all go because of the security and concerns about China's human rights record and other things.

I'm pretty sure that when PssA was in the olympics QE, DoE, PC, PA, and PE all went, but I think it was Canada. China is obviously a different kettle of fish...but if my granddaughter was going to represent our country in the olympics , I'd be dead before I wasn't there to cheer her on!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom