Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen the new Rolex Tesimonees in the brand new issue of Practicle Horsemen? About Zara: 'In her short but brilliant career, British eventer Zara Phillips has won an amazing array of medals. The FEI World Equestrian Games 2006 Aachen, Germany, the daughter of US Eventing Coach Mark Phillips rode Toytown to the individual gold - an incredible feat in her first open international championship - while leading her nation to the team silver. During her senior team debut at the FEI European Championships in 2005, she won both the team and individual gold medals.' It also has two excellent competion photos, but sorry to say I'm a techno idiot and dont know how to post them. I thought it interesting that they didnt mention Princess Anne as she was an olympian herself in the same sport.

Another very candid picture from Badminton

Zara Phillips and boyfriend Mike Tindall kiss after she finished the competition on Toytown in the dressage at the Badminton Horse Trials, at Badminton, England, Friday May 4, 2007.
Picture: Zara & Mike :wub:

Thats a very sweet pic, Avalon, thanks for posting :) :)
I found another special one, I wonder if Zara and Mike are already planning and speaking about having children together in some years..;)

Zara Phillips holding a friends' baby The Badminton Horse Trials, Gloucestershire, Britain - 04 May 2007:

Zara with a baby

I have just read that online that Zara has withdrawn from Badminton.:ohmy: :sad: I had to do something with her horse Toytown and the course itself. I would have posted the link to the article but..I'm totally computer illiterate. It was so sad to hearthat. I looked forward to her competing. What an awful setback for her. But, it's important to keep Toytown ready and in good health for the Olympics next year.Thanks to everyone for the new Zara pics they're great.

Poor footing in the cross country phase is deadly. Especially for a horse like Toytown which has suffered tendon injuries in the past. Better to retire and live to fight another day. A reinjury might be career ending for Toytown. In an Olympic year particularly, she really needs to protect and manage her best horse. I'm sure Zara made the correct decision.

Thank you for the picture of Zara with baby Iceflower. :flowers:
I can't wait till the day I see Zara with her own bundle of joy. :)

Zara Phillips and boyfriend Mike Tindall on crutches. Zara Phillips who has withdrawn from Badminton because of the hard ground for the cross-country phase rather than risk injury to her horse, Toytown. The Badminton Horse Trials, Gloucestershire, Britain - 06 May 2007
Zara & Mike 1 - what a nice couple! :wub:
Zara & Mike 2

And some picture from yesterday. Apart from Zara and Mike, Prince William, Prince Harry, Chelsy Davy and some other friends were there as well.
Zara 1
Zara 2
Zara washing down a horse
Zara washing down a horse 2 (isn't that Toytown?)

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 2
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 3

Pictures of Prince William, Prince Harry & Chelsy Davy are in their respective threads.

There are some great pictures of Zara at the Badminton on Rex Features. I'm just saving some of the best ones and I'll try to get them together for you soon. Since she withdrew from the first leg of the cross-country trial, she was helping to wash and groom the horses. There are some pics of her on the phone, I wonder if she was updating the Queen and Prince Philip and, in turn, hearing about the derby, and "la lucci". :lol:
I didn't know Prince William was there too! I just saw the isifa pics. It looks like Kate was there on Friday, and Prince William and Prince Harry, and Chelsy were there on Saturday. ? I guess....

Last edited:
Sherelle's horse finds royal home

Sherelle's horse finds royal home

As Zara Phillips prepares to compete at Badminton Three-Day Event for the first time, she has revealed that one of her current horses belonged to the family of her close friend, the late Ulster rider Sherelle Duke.

And she paid an emotional tribute to Portadown woman Sherelle -the 28-year-old former World Young Rider champion who was killed instantly on August 20, 2006, when her horse, Ballystockart, tripped on a fence and fell on her during a cross-country event in Southampton.

Sherelle's horse finds royal home - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph

Skydragon said:
I don't think so, no blaze and it looks like a bay, Toytown is a chestnut. :flowers:

Thank you Skydragon. :flowers:
I didn't remember Toytown was a chesnut. Which proves I should have a closer look at the World Champion! ;)
In any case, this horse is very beautiful as well.

Last edited:
Nice to see Zara's cousins William and Harry out to support her. It's too bad that she wasn't able to finish the competition. Thanks Skydragon for posting the article and everyone for posting the pictures.

A gold ring? Get your gold medal first, Dad tells Zara

I don't know how true this is or how anyone got the information for the Daily Mail, but any wedding plans between Zara and Mike are on hold for the time being.

A gold ring? Get your gold medal first, Dad tells Zara

After Prince William and Kate Middleton split, all eyes were on Zara Phillips to announce her engagement to rugby player boyfriend Mike Tindall. But I am sorry to report that it won't be happening this summer.

Zara, 25, had told her closest friends that, after getting secretly engaged at Christmas, the couple would make an official announcement in August. But now friends say the plan has been scrapped.

A gold ring? Get your gold medal first, Dad tells Zara | the Daily Mail=

I ride show jumpers. When you have a 'once in a lifetime' horse like Toytown and you're coming into the Olympic trials/games, I cant imagine that she is focusing on much else. More than likely at the next Olympic games 4 years on, she will be married/pregnant/a mother of an infant. I say concentrate and take your best shot this year Zara!

I don't know how true this is or how anyone got the information for the Daily Mail, but any wedding plans between Zara and Mike are on hold for the time being.

The Daily Mail is one of those tabloids which claims to have inside information but which doesn't seem to have anything of the sort since Diana stopped feeding information to Richard Kay. I suppose once in a while the random speculations will turn out to be true, but there's no real indication these days that the Mail's stories are any more reliable than any other tabloid.

Pics 13.5.2007

Zara Phillips Competes At Chatsworth Horse Trials:

Zara Philips rides her horse Ardfield Magic Star before the dressage stage at the Chatsworth Nissan
International Horse Trials, Derbyshire, England, 13.5.2007 - by Ben Stansall/Getty

Pic 1
Pic 2

May 15: 26th birthday of Zara Phillips

Happy Birthday Zara!

Database Query

Zara has just got a 9th at Tattersalls which is one of Ireland's top horse shows. She was on the Sherelle Duke trained Glenbuck.

Pics 5.6.2007

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall at the Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards, Berkeley Square, London, Britain - 05 Jun 2007 - Peter has also been there ( see pic 4 :flowers: )

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

I like her with him so much more than Johnson. She looks great with a manly guy like him. I didn't like Tindall so much at first but he and Zara as a couple are growing on me. Things are going just quite well for them, I think.

Pics 8.6.2007

Zara Philips rides her horse Tsunami II before the dressage stage at the Bramham International Horse Trials on June 08 2007 in West Yorkshire, England. Ben Stansall/Getty Images

Pic 1 - Pic 2
Picture gallery from getty

Tsunami II looks a darling, doesn't she! :wub:

Last edited:
Thanks for the new pics of Zara Iceflower. I think Zara and Mike make a nice couple. They seem to balance each other quite well. Thanks for the pics of Peter and Autumn as well.

Skydragon said:
Tsunami II looks a darling, doesn't he! :wub:
He looks lovely to ride! If she gets tired of him I'll take him!

Tsunami 11

From the forum on HorseandHound, I've learnt that Tsunami 11 was bought as an experienced but difficult one-person-only-type mare.
http://www.bdwp.co.uk/cgi-bin/ds.pl

Also from the equestrian web sites, I've learnt that the horse is owned by Melanie Duff. A number of Zara's mounts are owned by others. Ardfied Magic Star and Red Baron come to mind.

Zara and Ardfield Magic Star are showing in Germany next weekend.
breaking news

On the topic of her horses, I think Toytown is the only one from the royal stud, right? Do you know if Toytown comes from the Sandringham stud?

Here is a photo of Zara and Mike at the Cheltenham races last March....
click (Majesty/own collection)

CasiraghiTrio said:
On the topic of her horses, I think Toytown is the only one from the royal stud, right? Do you know if Toytown comes from the Sandringham stud?

Here is a photo of Zara and Mike at the Cheltenham races last March....
click (Majesty/own collection)

Zara (rather her father, Mark Phillips) bought Toytown in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom