Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zara makes the Olympic team for 2008 I wonder if the Queen will travel to China to watch her compete?

I seriously doubt it. The security would be a mess and the Queen isn't so young as to be able to travel halfway around the globe for such a visit.

Unless of course they were trying for publicity for the 2012 Games in the UK? Naah.

Its nice to see Zara so happy, love is blind because he isn't very attractive.

Zara and Mike seen very happy together and the new pics posted show this. It's really nice to see Zara so content.:wub:

I argee with you Suonymona. I can't see the Queen travelling to the Olympics to see Zara compete either. She will be watching her compete on TV thought I'm sure. I think London was granted the Games in 2012 though. The Queen will certainly be there to cheer her granddaugher on there for sure. I'm sure her other family members like her mother, father, Mike and Peter will be there to cheer her on next year!

Pics 24.3.2007

Zara Phillips takes part in the show jumping competition at the British Eventing Gatcombe Horse Trials sponsored by Land Rover on March 24, 2007 at Gatcombe Park in Minchinhampton, England

Zara 1
Zara 2
Zara 3
---> Picture gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The horse Zara was riding, Glenbuck, belonged to Zara's friend Sherelle Duke, who died in an accident during riding. Her family wanted Zara to take the horse.

THE GIFT TO ZARA KEEPING A FRIEND'S MEMORY ALIVE

Zara Phillips’s ride for Olympic glory will be helped by a horse given to her by the grieving parents of a friend who died while trying to realise her own medal dreams.
The Queen’s granddaughter was at the Gatcombe Horse Trials yesterday riding Glenbuck – once owned by Sherelle Duke, the close friend who was killed just days before Zara clinched gold at the World Equestrian Games in Germany last August.

We ought to have a betting pool on which rumour is up for attention:
1) William getting married
2) Harry getting married
3) Zara getting married
4) Laura getting married
5) {Insert BRF family member here} caught snuggling with commoner/person they are currently not in relationship with

Suonymona said:
I seriously doubt it. The security would be a mess and the Queen isn't so young as to be able to travel halfway around the globe for such a visit.

Unless of course they were trying for publicity for the 2012 Games in the UK? Naah.

Well the Queen is coming to the US for the Kentucky Derby. Surely watching her grand daughter ride in the Olympics is worth travelling farther. Did the Queen attend when Princess Anne rode in the Olympics? I cant remember.

scooter said:
Well the Queen is coming to the US for the Kentucky Derby. Surely watching her grand daughter ride in the Olympics is worth travelling farther. Did the Queen attend when Princess Anne rode in the Olympics? I cant remember.

Anne competed in the 1976 Montreal Olympics and the whole family came out to support her. The Queen and Prince Philip and all 3 brothers.

Well Mike is the really Ruby man! Big, big shoulders, strong, high-powered, energetic, but maybe behind all this he is a gentil and he knows how to care for Zara!

biboquinhas said:
Well Mike is the really Ruby man! Big, big shoulders, strong, high-powered, energetic, but maybe behind all this he is a gentil and he knows how to care for Zara!

I'm sure he does. Behind that 'tough' exterior he looks such a nice person.:flowers:

btw. didn't he once say Princess Anne was a 'legend'? :ROFLMAO: That's what I like to hear, it shows he is down to earth..

wymanda said:
IMHO Zara will marry if & when Zara is ready. She is an independant and rather driven young woman who is as willful as her mother ever was. No-One, be they Queen or journalist will tell (or even suggest) to her what she should do!

That seems so true about Zara. She is a lot like her mother at a similar age. Anne certainly married who she wanted. It looks like Zara will settle down when both her and Mike are ready. They really want to concentrate on their careers now. Marriage surely is not foremost on their minds, one day it probably will be.

Charlotte1 said:
Anne competed in the 1976 Montreal Olympics and the whole family came out to support her. The Queen and Prince Philip and all 3 brothers.

Well Zara is making history as the only 2nd straight generation of royalty (and I think only the 2nd member of the BRF) to make the olympics in any sport. Hopefully some members of her family will take the trouble to come support her at the pinnacle of her athletic career. Its not as though they have to travel in 'cattle class'!:lol:

Pics 12.4.2007

Zara Phillips, eldest grand-daughter of Queen Elizabeth, taking part in the British Open Indoor Cross Country at the British Open Show Jumping Championships, at the NEC in Birmingham, West Midlands, Thursday, 12 April 2007. EPA

Zara 1
Zara 2
Zara 3

Strong Badminton draw for Zara Phillips

World and European champion event rider Zara Phillips has a strong draw for her first Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials, where she will start as number 62.
There are currently 96 horses on the start list, which, depending on withdrawals, means Zara will do her dressage on Friday morning.
Historically, marking tends to be higher on the second day, and she will also have the advantage of seeing a number of combinations tackle the cross-country on Saturday before taking her turn.
But Badminton director Hugh Thomas has predicted the World Champion will not have a walkover. He said: "The entries promise a classic Badminton. Zara will have her work cut out to win it."

iceflower said:
Zara Phillips
Those pictures are amazing. The second one is the best imo :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Times Online had an article about Zara last Sunday:

Here are two interesting comments from her interview :) :

“It’s good to have Mike because, as a sportsman, he knows what it’s like, he knows the pressures. We both know the huge disappointment when there is an injury, although with me it’s usually the horse.”

She insists her life is worlds away from the pampered chauffeur-driven “princess” some people might imagine. “What’s a chauffeur?” she jokes. “Really, I hardly ever go anywhere where I’d need a chauffeur and I don’t really like it, I just fall asleep. I prefer to drive myself. I like just throwing everything in the back of the Land Rover and off we go.”

The whole article can be found here: April 22, 2007 On the move: Zara Phillips

Does anyone know if Zara Phillips has ever visited Kentucky or been to any of the horses races in the US?

Zara Phillips, granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth ll exercises her horse Toytown at the Badminton Horse Trials, an international three-day event, Thursday May 3, 2007. Zara Phillips will face one of her toughest sporting tests Thursday when she makes her debut at the Badminton Horse Trials.

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom