Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kelly1972 said:
Is this the same honour that Mike Tindall received in 2003? And could anyone tell me when Zara will be receiving her MBE at Buckingham Palace? Thanks

Yes, they now hold the same award! :flowers:

we will can see photos of the ceremony?

This is great news and well deserved IMO!

Wouldn't it be something if she had received a DBE ? Than she would end up as Lady Zara after all. Hope I got it right. Oh well. Its the thought that counts.

Zonk said:
This is great news and well deserved IMO!

Wouldn't it be something if she had received a DBE ? Than she would end up as Lady Zara after all. Hope I got it right. Oh well. Its the thought that counts.

She will have to repeat this performance a few times to get that - it took Sir Steve Redgrave (the rower) FIVE olympic gold medals before he was knighted.

That gives you an idea of what is needed - continuous effort over many, many years - for Steve it took five olympics = 20 years at the top of his sport.

Achieving what she did in one year is fantastic but not worthy of knighthood but if she now goes on and does it again and wins a couple of Olympic gold medals etc then she would deserve it in her own right.

For those claiming nepotism they should ask themselves whether or not a similar performance by another Brit would have gained this award - the answer if yes - therefore not nepotism at all but a just reward for the hard work and talent this young lady has shown in her own right.

Thanks Skydragon. I wasn't sure if his was a MBE or not. Now they have the same award that's kind of cute.:wub:

Nice pictures that I have seen on these thread. I like Zara´s looking a lot, even if I do not know much about her life. She is just at the same age like me, and I think, sorry to say that, she is more beautiful than her mother. But there may be other opinions.;)

Zara engagement

According to the Daily Mail, Zara is engaged to Mike Tindall. They hope to marry after the Bejing Olympic games, and have children asap.

NB This is the Daily Mail - not the most reliable of papers.

I will believe there is an engagement when it is announced from BP with the blessing and approval of the monarch - as required by the Act of Settlement (or the approval of both Houses of Parliament - the alternative way of getting approval).

I don't think the Queen would give consent to an engagement and have it last for over 18 months. They may have made an agreement to this affect but it isn't official until coming from BP and until it is official I won't accept the Daily Mail's version of events.

Remember last month it was William and Catherine who were supposed to be getting engaged - now Zara and Mike. Anything to sell papers!!

As it is only The Mail carrying this 'news', I think it is unlikely to be true! :rolleyes:

Beck said:
According to the Daily Mail, Zara is engaged to Mike Tindall. They hope to marry after the Bejing Olympic games, and have children asap.
here we go, AGAIN!
william and zara, only rumors and rumors, only will be true when palace said it!

Why would they wait to marry until after the Beijing Olympics? Are married people barred from competing?

I don't believe anything that the papers say. :lol: Until I read a formal announcement from the palace that Zara and Mike are engaged I won't believe it. I do think that they will get married in the very near future. I think that Zara will be the first of the Queen's grandchildren to get married followed by her brother Peter. Just my opinion though.

Country living helps keep Zara out of spotlight

Zara Phillips says living and working in the countryside has helped her stay out of the public eye far more than other members of the royal family.
The Queen's eldest granddaughter said she managed to remain out of the spotlight by concentrating on her equestrian career in Gloucestershire.
And on her engagement:
Turning to her rugby playing boyfriend Mike Tindall, Zara said their common interest in sport had helped their relationship but insisted there was no royal wedding on the cards.
"Oh my God, there's this wedding frenzy going on, I don't understand why. I think they just want someone from the Royal Family to get married, it's not going to happen I don't think.
"I don't have a ring on my finger."
She went on: "Luckily we live together and he plays for Gloucester, our seasons are quite opposite, so when we're off I can actually go and support him and watch some games and when he's off he can do the same.
"It's nice because we both understand where we're coming from."

Zara just gave a very short interview piece on Sky news and she said she would prefer to be known as an equestrian rather than for the family she was born into. Asked what she felt about Toytown, she gave him a kiss and said she loves him. :wub:

Skydragon said:
Zara just gave a very short interview piece on Sky news and she said she would prefer to be known as an equestrian rather than for the family she was born into. Asked what she felt about Toytown, she gave him a kiss and said she loves him. :wub:

That's so sweet! :wub: Thanks for sharing that Skydragon. Zara and Toytown make such a wonderful team.

Phillips looks forward to her first Badminton with more confidence
First Badminton for Phillips then Europe and Olympics

Zara Phillips has confirmed her intention to compete for the first time in the Badminton Horse Trials in May as part of her preparation for September's European Championships in Pratoni, Italy, where she will defend her European title.
A good run at Badminton will also qualify her, and her horse, Toytown, for next year's Beijing Olympics, her principal aim. She plans to give Toytown a run in the Burnham Market event in Norfolk before Badminton.

Phillips reveals 'manky' operation

Zara Phillips yesterday revealed that her highly successful season in 2006, when she was crowned world champion and won a plethora of awards including the BBC Sports Personality of the Year, ended on the operating table.
Phillips, in the early stages of training for her defence of the European Three-Day Event Championship in Italy in September, said: "Just after Christmas I had to have my appendix out. It hadn't burst but was right up by my kidney, and was pretty manky when they took it out."

Last edited:
The latest pictures of Zara are wonderful. My favourite is the one of her and Toytown touching noses. You can certainly tell that he is her favourite and she has a special soft spot for him.:wub:

Pics 11.3.2007

Zara Phillips, daughter of the Princess Royal, watches from the stands during the RBS 6 Nations Championship game between England and France at Twickenham Stadium, London.

Zara 1
Zara 2

She reminds me of Charlene Whittstock (Prince Albert of Monaco's "Official Companion") in those photos.

Well, both of them do have blonde hair, Suonymona ;) :)
As Kate and William have been in center of attention of the Cheltenham Festival yesterday, I post two pics of Zara here:

Zara 13.3.2007
Zara 2

Thank you for the pictures. I heard she wore a nice outfit, but hadn't seen it yet. I was wondering if you knew where there are more pictures?

Pics 15.3.2007

You are most welcome, kate2 :flowers:

Here are some pics from today: Zara Phillips and boyfriend and England rugby union player Mike Tindall arrive on Ladies Day on the third day of the annual Cheltenham Race Festival at Cheltenham Race course in Gloucestershire, west of England, 15 March 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
More nice pics can be seen in this gallery!

Thank you very much, iceflower! I like a lot what she's wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom