Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Zara !!!!!!!

Go girl!!!

:mrgreen:

strong independent girls rulesssssss

:lol:

Congratulations Zara!

What an accomplishment. WORLD CHAMPION!

Wow! Great to hear. Windsors always loved horses and this is very great for them. :) My congrats to Zara! :flowers:

just read that she s became world champion in aachen i just wonder what the discipline was? i think i read sth of eventing or like that? just didn't understand what it means.. could anyone explain please?

Congratulations to Zara on her World Equestrian Win. Great Job. How happy your parents and grandparents must be at your success.

Zara's triumph tinged with sorrow over friend's death

It was the moment when Zara Phillips triumphantly shook off her royal rebel tag.
But the victory was tinged with sadness for Zara.
She dedicated her success to a close friend and fellow showjumper Sherelle Duke, who was killed last Sunday when her horse fell on top of her during a competition.
Zara and the British team competed wearing red-and-white ribbons - Miss Duke's cross-country colours - as a mark of respect

sydney00 said:
just read that she s became world champion in aachen i just wonder what the discipline was? i think i read sth of eventing or like that? just didn't understand what it means.. could anyone explain please?
She is the World Champion of the 3 Day Equestrian Event. It is like a triathlon for horse and their riders; the first day with the dressage competition- which is the classy deportment training of horses- sometimes called "horse ballet". Zara came 5th in that event; the second day is the cross country race; the third day is the showjumping event. Zara was placed first in those two and consequently took first place overall and became the world champion. I imagine with her hard work now she will continue to improve the dressage and be hard to beat. She has two great parents- her mother was European Champion and her father a 1972 Olympic gold medallist at the same events. They must be proud of her.

I had tears too

Avalon said:
:flowers: Congratulations to Zara!!! :flowers:

The first thread I looked through was this one; I hoped so much she would win! :ROFLMAO:
I may be over sensitive but I have tears in eyes (it may also be for a fact that my lenses are not feeling very comfortable though:rolleyes: ).
Anyway, good job, girl!!!!!

Hello!

I followed the competion on TV. I hoped so much too, she would win.
I had tears in my eyes, when she was hugged by her boyfriend, brother Peter, her Mother and Father.
It was wonderful.
I am so happy for her.

Congratulations, Zara! I saw an interview with her on BBC Breakfast. she seemed very relaxed and happy.

The interviewer said, 'with your recent national title and the olympics coming up. the world is your oyster.' but Zara said she is just savoring this victory and will take things one day at a time.

How wonderful for Zara to have worked so hard and achieved!!

Yeah congratulations to Zara! I watched the race and I knew she would do it! I hope she does her country proud in the olympics! :clap:

Sofia:flowers:

congratulations to Zara!!!!! like mother, like daughter!

CONGRATULATION TO ZARA!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw the prove and is very good, finaly she made it.

Skydragon said:
Riding high

Zara Phillips' gold-medal winning performance at the equestrian world championships has seen the former wild child hailed as a sporting hero - just like her mother was, 35 years ago. But is she really a major talent, or just a toff with lots of cash and a great horse.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1860196,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1
What a nice article, thanks for posting that link.

As a former equestrienne, I just get so upset and my heart begin pounding when people even begin to suggest that someone such as Zara isn't as great at what she's doing as it would appear, and that she only has her position because of her royal heritage. But the article was good, they did quite a thorough investigation on what it means to be a rider on Zara's level.

The equestrian sports are really tough and competitive, to be a world class rider requires full and total dedication year-round - also on holidays. Even if you have all the money in the world, it can't buy you medals at the top competitions.

The fact that Zara found Toytown together with her father, bought it and has personally trained it and taught it everything for so many years proves to me that she's serious about her business.

GrandDuchess said:
The equestrian sports are really tough and competitive, to be a world class rider requires full and total dedication year-round - also on holidays. Even if you have all the money in the world, it can't buy you medals at the top competitions.

The fact that Zara found Toytown together with her father, bought it and has personally trained it and taught it everything for so many years proves to me that she's serious about her business.

Having competed (along with my horses of course), fairly successfully, it annoys me that people think you can buy a horse, get on it and win anything going, without any effort.

I was never in Zara's league, as you say that takes absolute dedication and talent. She has truly worked hard to get where she is. :flowers:

A big Congrats to Zara! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as they say.
Her parents must be beaming with pride. :D

I am very happy to see Zara do so well. She's obviously worked very hard for years and years to achieve the level of skill she has. It takes hard work and long term dedication. And it's not just herself, but a team effort with Toytown. She needs to be an elite athlete and keep the horse at the same level of fitness and training too. It's the sort of achievement that speaks for itself - you can't fake something like that. She deserves to feel very pleased, as do her parents, who must be thrilled. I hope she goes on to the Olympics and wins there too.

27-08-2006 Zara Phillips during the award ceremony at the World Equestrian Championship in Aachen.

Source: PPE

sydney00 said:

Eventing nennt man auf Deutsch "Military" oder "Vielseitigkeitsprüfung". Gruß aus Bayern, Jo

Jo of Palatine said:
Eventing nennt man auf Deutsch "Military" oder "Vielseitigkeitsprüfung". Gruß aus Bayern, Jo
We're an English language Board Jo, translation please. :)

British Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne, is awarded the gold medal by Princess Haya of Jordan after her victory in the single event of the versatility contest at the World Equestarian Games 2006 in Aachen, Germany, Sunday, 27 August 2006.
(photos byTalking Sport)

Zara Phillips Most Likely Candidate For Sports Personality Award

After winning the European equestrian title earlier this week, Zara Phillips is a top favorite to win Britain's Sports Personality of the Year Award for 2006.

Just to emphasize how hard the girl had worked to achieve the Gold Medal
The blonde royal has been getting up at 6:00 a.m. everyday for the last few years
to train.

And funny enough, I though she won the World equestrian title last month, not the European Gold (which she already had). :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom